Microtel Inn & Suites Employee Reviews

Great hotel
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 June 2019
great hotel to work and learn, new management and good friendly work place
they balance between work and life, flexible with the schedules and employees are happy and positive ..........................
Pros
learning
Learning experience
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC5 December 2018
I did enjoy working for this company, I am very much a people person. But I did sometimes feel uncomfortable talking to my manager or asking for help from her. And although I was hired part-time, When I first started i was working almost everyday which was fine with me, but then I started to only get 1 shift a week or less. And not even in the position I was hired in.
Pros
My co-workers were very friendly
Cons
Non-stable hours
Fun work place that was flexible with my hours
Suites - Bellman/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB25 August 2018
There is not much too say about working at Microtel inn & suites, it was very exiting helping customers and providing things that they need and requested. I worked at the Blackfalds Microtel for what seemed like a short time because there was always something to do and I was always meeting new people.
Pros
Meeting new people, Flexible hours
Cons
repetetive
Guesat Services
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON14 July 2018
Great place to work. Other employees are a great team to work with. the management is great and do a great job helping out. Best part of the job was meating and helping the guest to make their stay enjoyable
Pros
great wage
Fun Work Place
Waiter / Barista (FNB Staff ) (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region8 May 2018
I learned how to practice what i have learned in school. Actual work makes me more effective in my field.. i enjoy my OJT there because all Practicumers are friendly even the Staff.
Pros
friendly atmostphere
Cons
hectic schedules
ok
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK9 April 2018
The job itself was good,but the management was not.There is really not much to say about this job. I enjoyed it while I was there,the staff I had were very good to work with.
High Stress
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 June 2017
management company that was running from open was good to work for. Ownership was had bad business practices, discrimination, abusive communication. Hardest part of the job was to try and create a positive environment when there wasn't one.
Pros
good brand
Cons
ownership was abusive and descrimintory
Like working in junior high school
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 February 2017
Disorganized, no communication or positive words given.
Makes you feel miserable to be there.
Too many "professional" women permitted to stay for long periods of time and room attendants aren't provided proper safety equipmemt to clean such rooms.
Pros
Good medical
Cons
High turnover of staff, especially management
All rooms occupied especially during holidays
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK16 February 2017
No occupied or vacant room during busy days, weekdays and weekends. Learned to be flexible on the workplace. Maintain cleanliness, safetiness and orderliness of specific areas.
Pros
10% discount for the employee who checked-in
Cons
6 hours part-time
Challenging and fun place
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON25 May 2016
Its a cool place with great co-workers. Love being challenged and come up with different methods & ideas to make any work possible.
housekeeper
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON8 May 2016
get into work and face someone with an attitude, someone who knows that they don't want you there..got along with all my coworkers, which supervisor never liked ,when we were joking with others, The most enjoyable part of the day was going to work and enjoying the people you work with and thinking that you did your job.
The hardest part of the job was to clean a massive messy room in an appropriate time without getting onto trouble for taking too long..
I learned to go to work, do what you can do, you're only human, try to work on timing yourself and work in that timeframe to finish the job. watch the way you joke about things, you never know whos behind that corner or door..
Pros
working with the people you got along with
Cons
being unappreciated for busting your butt
Relaxing atmosphere
Suites Red Deer Alberta Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 March 2016
Well i worked the night shift so it was pretty quiet most of the time
Both Staff and Employer were good to work for and with and i really enjoyed my job i wish my hours wouldnt of got cut down or i would of stayed there
was an awesome job,people were nice to work for
LABOROR (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC21 August 2015
if I were to b hired back I d go.the job was very basic and had the opportunity to work by myself with no supervision.the company was very safety oriented,and ahad a zero percent tolerance for alchohol.
Great co-workers bad hours
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON22 September 2014
I have 2 nights shifts a week which including doing a nightly audit balancing for the day, assigning rooms for the people arriving the next day. I also work a Saturday morning breakfast shift that starts at 5:30 in the morning that is the hardest part of my job getting up at 4 am also working nights is hard to stay awake and NOT enjoyable. My co - workers are great well the 15 minutes that I see of them before they leave or I leave the shifts I work I haven't seen management since my training shifts 2 weeks ago.
Pros
$1 more than minimum wage
Cons
awful hours
fun workplace, clean and productive
Front Desk Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  eagle ridge, general trias30 September 2013
i learned how to do the best communication skills to provide in the guest. i was a front office clerk so i'm making room reservations, assisting my co-workers.
Pros
free lunches