Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Canada248 reviews

Found 248 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,387 reviews

Better than I expected

Great work-life balance, flexible hour/schedule with working from home option available. Better than avg. salary level but still not as good as Apple/Google. Great management, yes it really depends on the team/product and with the size of the workforce, politics are def. exist but overall great experience so far.

Terrible management

Terrible management. If you have a “teachers pet” personality, you will thrive. But if you have a voice, good luck! They will target you, and tell you you are not confident/good enough,just begin with then it gets worst. All the management at store and Canadian marketing level are friends from previous jobs at Staples and other such retail places. Filing a complain doesn’t get anywhere as the higher management as cover each others terrible behaviours. If they find out you have complained, the life becomes more difficult.

Insights into Microsoft

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Great

Great projects, growth but a lot of competition. A lot of opportunities to work with different teams. Long working hours.Less vacation time and sick days.

Buen lugar para trabajar

un dia típico era recibir las evaluaciones de cliente y revisar alcance de proyecto.brinda horario flexible y puedas cambiarlos, todos los compañeros del grupo son buenos

Not perfect, but better than most other companies out there

Great clean and friendly work environment. Management is organized, so you don't get caught off guard from sudden unplanned announcement. You can choose to work on different projects, people are easy to talk to

Pros

Good management

Cons

Sometimes stressful

Great place to learn and grow into other areas of the company. Fast-paced and somewhat competitive. Management is quite open and easy to talk to. Training is on going and team collaboration is always forthcoming. Benefits are impressive.

Very free work place and hours

Fair compensation, kind people and great minds. The culture is inclusive and the management is kind.It's a big company, you have to work on what you get assigned.

Pros

Work life balance is fairly good compared to other leading it companies.

Cons

Not easy to make an impact. You work on what you get assigned.

Excellent

Great place to work. Best of all the employers. Great managers and team to work with. Awesome flexibility for all employees. Management is too good. Work life balance.

good group to work with, very supportive.

As I was just starting out in the IT industry, I found it an amazing place to work. The company was very supportive. New training was always available. They were very supporting and understanding of family life, they would do whatever was needed to help you work around your family/work schedule.

Pros

good benefits, very understanding management.

Cons

only con for me, was distance traveled to, and from work. That however had nothing to do with the job.

Bon

Tout est bon chez Microsoft a part le fait qu’ils ne croient pas aux secondes chances

Great Culture and promising future

lots to learn in a short time and a ton of opportunities for lifelong learners. team and people very supportive despite the complexity of projects and customers demands

Pros

fast learning, great culture, promising future and benefits

Cons

lots of work, tools and process issues

Great place to work . . was hoping to go FTE

I had a great time while at Microsoft. I was hired via an agency. Got to learn so much from the FT-MS people. Agency I was with had some issues with management, but was able to work through most things. Of course this was a long time ago and that site no longer exists.

Pros

Overall good environment; X-Box Tournaments ;-), Great learning opportunity for MS technology

Cons

Hours could be long and a bit unpredictable; Pay was OK and there was overtime.

Microsoft Garage Intern

Good first step into the door as a student. But the Vancouver Garage Intern program will wring you out dry. Expect long hours if your team is a mess/inexperienced. You will not receive help as the "manager" of the program has to "manage" 4-6 other teams depending on how he structures it each term.

Pros

Free lunches, swag (if you're into branded stuff), access to tech

Cons

Bad work/life balance, no support from manager

Great

Excellent tech and retail experience. Retail doesn't exist anymore due to covid but has moved tech support and sales online and corporate. Training offered and excellent resources available from corporate

Executive support

Great organization but they need to move away from their policy of hiring on contract if they want to retain good people. I left for a permanent position which paid within my range. Would have stayed if it was not contract.

Pros

Location, pleasant work environment

Cons

Pay and lack of transparency during interview

na

Everything goes well and not faced any difficulty when interview, every one is friendly. Really recommended Highly professional Really well Nice to work

Great Place to work, if youre friends with managment

I had a blast working at Microsoft for 2 years. but if you arent in the buddy group centred around the market manager in Canada, don't expect to advance very far. I left due to feeling like I was running in place, the staff and management are amazing, i just couldnt go anywhere with the job and decided to move on

Pros

long breaks, great benefits, fair pay, good work life balance

Cons

corporate, buddy club mentality, microsoft owns all your coding work, on or off shift

Contract work at Microsoft

Not so great... although people seem to love working there full time! Contractors get a lot less in terms of benefits but the culture is nice and the people are great for the most part.

Vending machines always work!

Love the community-oriented leadership, everyone knows what they are doing. This is the best place for anyone looking for a learning and growth experience as well as progression in their own career.

Pros

great seminars

Cons

Parking spots

Fun Workplace

Very nice place to work and very good company. Nice people in team and easy going. Good salary and a lot of fun to work there. I would recommend this to everyone.

Productive and Fun

I enjoyed my job there. Lots of learning and fun workspace, you can manage your professional and personal life simultaneously. Will highly recommend to a friend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement