Microsoft
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Canada225 reviews
If you can get in, its a great company to work for
Keep your resume updated at all times. You never know when you are going to need it.
I think you should have some marketing experience. It would help your interaction with your team
Productive and fun workplace
A fun place to work where you get benefits for 20+ hours a week. A non-pressure sales environment. It is more about letting the customers experience the product rather than sales
Great team mates, challenging role
There was so much room to learn professionally and to collaborate with my teammates. I enjoyed the culture and work. A very rewarding place to be and work.
Fun and engaging work place
Great experience, got to connect with a lot of professionals. I was in a customer facing environment, so the job always was exciting and never got boring.
Good company
Work life balance is good
Diverse work force

Top heavy management

New CEO is making good changes

Some old school technology still around

Job security is good
Very good workplace, with a secure salary, great leadership.
Working at Microsoft as an Intern is a rewarding experience. The leadership is great and encourages a lot of learning. If you keen on learning and have a growth mindset, this is the place for you.
Fun place to work
Microsoft is a fast paced cutting edge environment. Everyone works together to provide clients with the best solutions possible. The best part of the job is helping clients solve business issues through technology.
nice place to work
the main disadvantage is no work life balance and the salaries distribution is unfair. in addition no stability at all. each year the company reorganization doesn't allow employees to set plan only for one year because the position might be closed suddenly.

Microsoft before was amazing but now i don't advice to go for it.
It’s Okay.
Microsoft is a great company to work for however, don’t be fooled by all the hype. I agree that it is a great opportunity to grow some skill sets but management is easy to forget us associates only work at a mall, not corporate. It is stressful to not only do your position but other roles for the same pay.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Micro managing, no work life balance, no set schedule
Productive and fun workplace.
Very interesting and often creative projects and friendly people to work with. I very much enjoyed my time at Microsoft and would highly recommend them as an employer.
Awesome place to work
Great organisation, Great leaders and lovely team. Provides a great environment to innovate and collaborate. Everyone believes in a good work life balance and are very forthcoming, makes you super comfortable and welcome
Productive and High Accountability
Align deal pursuits around high volume, fixed scope packaged offerings Responsible for supporting field sales and business management processes Lead renewals and net new Premier and Consulting opportunities with the Customer, Manage relationships across multiple 70 account portfolios. Drive account specific strategies are driven consistently and efficiently throughout all accounts, Demonstrate leadership in internal and external orchestration of our clients teams Work closely across sales and delivery teams is key. Adhere to sales excellence practices i.e. articulation of a relevant value proposition, opportunity qualification, and driving opportunities to closure is key. This role is a contract position
It is fun to be an employee of Microsoft
It is fun to be an employee of Microsoft. You do not have a strict protocol regarding the work environment. You can work from wherever you are comfortable with. You have a huge campus and a number of sports activities are conducted regularly.
Very conducive work environment. The work ethic is awesome and the benefits are really good, medical and more. The company also supports work life balance.
Great people, great work place, challenging ideas, creative solutions for business problems, good work-life balance, many opportunities to learn and network.
Incredible company to work for in late 1980's to 2000's
Wonderful company, made you feel valued. Worked with incredibly smart, motivated people. We all felt we were changing the world (which I think we did)!
Don't believe the Hype
Highered as tech service's analyst. Was promised to have certs provided as part of highering. Then 3 months in, all certs were cancelled. I joined with the specific intent of getting a few more certs and while working in the store, i never got the opportunity and was denied on 3 separate occasions to take time off to do a course which would have helped with the job.

They pay on the 7th and 22nd and that screwed up all my bills which cost me about 300 dollars in NSF fees. When I complained, i got a written warning for my attitude. They don't care about their employees. As long as you are selling and up-selling. This is all they cared about.

I would avoid the company like the plague. Looks good on paper - working with the devil usually does
They encourage playing and knowing about XBox and games.
It is the most inclusive office Ive ever worked at. The work culture is great and the management is young so they hear you about your concerns. We had a weekly learning quota which was a brand new concept for me. Overall, I had a very wholesome experience at Microsoft.
Great company to work for; focused on growth of employees.
I would definitely recommend this place as it is focused on employee growth and well-being. It's hard to come across a company that is focused on well-being of their employees. There is lots of growth opportunity and opportunity to learn and grow skills.
Generally good.
Their management style is in transition from the Ballmer years to something more flexible/modern, but they have a ways to go. Overall a worthwhile experience, especially seeing Seattle and the surrounding area.
Environnement agréable
J'aime bien la compagnie. Il traite bien les employee et la direction son superbe.