Microsoft Employee Reviews

my first real enterprise role
Senior Support Engineer, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2018
Microsoft was a growth experience for me coming out of school, I was recruited direectly from campus by a head hunter and did not look back. Some of the best years of my IT career were spent here. The stock options, travel across north america and the innovation I was exposed to was a life altering experience.
Productive, work life balance culture, salary and benefits are par above
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2018
Excellent customer services
work ethics and being passionate about work
Teamwork and individual growth
Workplace culture is great, fun, work, motivational
Helping each one to achieve more
Excellent Part time role for students
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
- great training,competitive wages. They give you a product to be able to use when you're selling in order to try. i would recommend any students looking for part time gigs to try this out
Good Stuff
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON30 May 2018
Worked from home...have worked with Microsoft as a partner before, and their employees were sound. Great org.

Exercise, nutrition, and community commitment.
great work exoerience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Sindh23 April 2018
love to work there ,it was very friendly and very comfortable environment and staff, i have great experience and learned a lot. management great, there is not very hardest part because i enjoy while working
Great Place to Work
Channel Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2018
It is a great place to work. The environment is great and is focused on people development. A lot of focus is on Cloud and Microsoft is a leader in cloud based solutions.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2018
It's a great place to work. Free drinks and snacks! The environment is ok, floor sales associate are fun to talk to. Great benefits and management. Flexible scheduling hours!
Friendly environment and team
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 March 2018
The staff was very friendly and team oriented. Everyone liked to see others succeed. Work days were generally fast paced, but still fun and full of energy. The team had all sorts of different skills that they passed on to each other.

There were frequent issues with miscommunication, which lead to wrongful accusations and stress. Groups of friends in the workplace often felt favored over the rest of the team.
Ok to work for
Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC13 March 2018
No red flags working for Microsoft. As long as you know your job or are eager to learn or take on new opportunities from within your sub organization the culture and management are on your side. Goldbrickers need to look elsewhere.
Good Company
SOFTWARE ENGINEER/CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 February 2018
Learn new technologies , stay on top.
Friendly atmosphere.
Work life balance. Flexible working hours
Different teams operate differently, so depending in which team you work on you can expect different experience.
Easy to move to other teams.
Pros
Learn new technologies, stay on top
My first contact center experience
CALL SCREENER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2018
This was my first contact center experience. This opened a new world to me that I did not know existed. I ended up loving the experience and continued with it for over 20 years.
Pros
continuous learning
Cons
contract position
Not bad for a part-time job
PRODUCT ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2018
Management could be improved. Overall, pretty standard retail culture (better scheduling given to those who have a better relationship with the scheduling manager).
Contractor Experience - Loved the colleagues, and the events.
International Site manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC30 January 2018
I worked for Microsoft as a contractor, employed by Lionbridge between the years 2010 and February 2014, so the direct employee expreience does not apply to me.

Also, unfortunately, during that period, the company downsized its operations in my department, and there were several people that lost their job in the Office team. I believe I did not witness the company at its best.

I was impressed by the loyalty of its employees, mainly in Redmond, the effort the company made to provide its staff with a good level of compensation and benefits, and how fun were our rare get-togethers.
The Microsoft Full-time employees were very happy. It also had a remarkable ability to work with multinational, multilingual teams, mostly remotely! Not every company manages that successfully.

My department had a dynamic attitude, and people were professional, and devoted to their jobs.

I made friends, and met people that I respect very much in my days at Microsoft. I would reccommend the company to any young person that wants to grow in the IT field within a very large company with diversity of opportunities (while my team was downsizing, all the gaming teams, for instance, were growing, and the mobility within the company seemed to be very easy).
Pros
Work culture, flexibility, remote work, tools
Cons
Some teams were downsizing.
Great workplace good culture
Business Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2018
Great place to work at, great company and benefits. working with this company has been great. hardest part of the time is to job work.life balance. consistently working too much
Culture d'entreprise unique
DIRECTEUR DÉVELOPPEMENT D'APPLICATION (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC8 January 2018
J'ai la chance de faire partie d'une compagnie unique à tous les égards
Good experience
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2018
Pros: people are nice, a lot of respect to the work life balance, Office is nice, flexibility to work from home, a casual and relaxed culture

Cons: the budget is keep getting cut, have to move to the headquarter for further career growth otherwise you'll get cut at some point, the overall compensation is below the corporate average.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
investments getting cut
Fun place to work
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON2 January 2018
1hr lunches
gaming and computers all day
management definitely needs to be worked on they micromanage and discriminate and have no respect for anyone
Pros
free groceries at store
Microsoft Canada
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2018
Microsoft Canada is a large company with lots of opportunities to grow careers.
As a marketing associate, one is a member of the many marketing teams within the company tasked with the promotion of Microsoft's many products and services.
Productive and fun environment.
Microsoft Student Partner (Former Employee) –  Port Louis28 December 2017
Different cultures allowed sharing of ideas and embracing diversity.
Learning new technologies and getting hands-on experience with mobile app development.
Productive, helpful.
Guard (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 December 2017
Learned and cleared the exam for security job, pursuing degree in Civil Engineering Technology helped a lot in gaining practical knowledge as well as theory knowledge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2