Microsoft Employee Reviews

Found 172 reviews matching the search See all 5,469 reviews
Abusive work environment
Program Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 January 2019
Microsoft has a very clear divide between Full time and Contract employees. The reason for this is that the full time employees have free range at the contract employees. We are verbally abused, forced to work well over 60 hours per week with no OT pay, no consistent communication exists and last minute demands are turned into high priority so that they are delivered right away with 0 prep time. The full time employee I used to take direction from would submit report requests at 11:00 p.m. at night and would expect them in his inbox within 2 hours or by 8 a.m. the following morning. None of this of course communicated ahead of time. I had hoped to pursue a full time career but after the abuse I experienced I would never apply to Microsoft again.
Great culture, flexible hours and good salary
Web & Graphics Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2018
This was one of my favorite jobs. I love the workload, the people and my work.

PROS - great management, flexible schedule, good salary

I got to wear many hats in my marketing position which included web management, marketing and graphic design.
Highly performance based culture and benefits are fantastic
Dedicated Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2018
Great place to work and grow. They try to focus on having work-life balance, however, to sustain you got to do extras. Given a lot of flexibility but very demanding on results and performance.
Pros
Empower to lead and dream big
Cons
Highly competitive environment and working longer hours than expected
Okayish place to work
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2019
Management is terrible and was suggest you leave/quit of you express a passion for products. Management just wants a yes man and to not ask questions some harassment and bullying in the work place.
Pros
Snacks
great place to work
Program Manager 2 (Former Employee) –  Distrito Federal7 November 2018
Microsoft is a great company to work if you like to be challenge every day. There are always lots of projects and lot of things to do, so you will never get bored. Also there is a great place to growth your career and then steer it to where yo want to get.
Great job with great benefits, gave me plenty of opportunities.
Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2018
Microsoft has been a great place to work thus far. Over the years I've been there, they have taken chances on me and given me countless opportunities to help me grow and achieve more. I will always consider Microsoft to be one of the best places to work with an incredible balance of fun times and firm priorities. I have been mentored and trained since day one and still to this day feel like I learn something new every shift.
Pros
Great managment, great benefits, free drinks, great opportunities
Cons
poor work life balance, random hours, its a customer service job
Angelo Slomka
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2018
Worked for a micro manager that did not allow me to completer my work.

Hire better management and listen to there requests Microsoft.I expected more from you. Stop hiring Indian people that cannot communicate in for starters.
Pros
Nothing to mention
Cons
Underpaid, and underutilised.
Not a supportive work environment
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2018
Manager and the leads don't care for your career advancement.

Retail managers are more focused on achieving their sales target for the month.

They never take the time to invest in your career, I literally was told my the marketing manager that if you want to progress, you should start looking elsewhere.
Fun Place to work at in the beginning
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2018
High pressure and stressful with lack of managements' people skills. Able to learn new technology but no chance of utilizing what you learnt. No advancement within the company.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
micro managers
Good company to learn new technology
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 December 2018
- Good company but depends on team and team leader
- Good benefits and work environment
- Need to work hard for newbie
- Should be good at communication to increase visibility

Want to know more about Microsoft?

Ask a question
Great Perks but working for a company that is becoming more salesy
Business Expert/ Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 July 2018
I love all the perks, but we have noticed a shift to being more sales related lately.
Please have a voice or you will be pushed around but management.
Like any job; be sure that you're choosing this job from a positive place, instead of just for the sake of working for a "good" company.
Excellent Work Environment
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2018
Loving my work life with MS! Friendly staff, amazing environment to work in. Great networking scope, a bright future if you're looking to stay longer with company.
Okay workplace
TECHINICAL SERVICE ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2018
A lot of training resource , software and hardware with great benefit, with no work life balance. A lot of the manager very unfriendly to work with if you are not in their circle of friend.
One of the dream companies to work.
Never (Former Employee) –  Never8 November 2018
I never worked for this company, but only in my dreams. If i ever get a chance, i will think myself very lucky. The companies like Microsoft, Google. I wish work there.
Growth Opportunity
Canada - EMT Solution Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2018
Growth opportunity. Learned new skills. Opportunity to move into new roles and work with teams for knowledge base and personal development. Worked with alliance partners.
Challenges you in every way
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2018
Microsoft is a great place to learn. There is a lot of autonomy in roles as well as accountability to the organization. There is a lot of opportunity to drill deep into your areas of responsibility and learn the various aspects of the organization.
Ok
Operations Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2018
Worked on a variety of contracts for a variety of different industries.
Camaraderie was great throughout. Work hours were flexible and made for great home/life balance.
my first real enterprise role
Senior Support Engineer, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2018
Microsoft was a growth experience for me coming out of school, I was recruited direectly from campus by a head hunter and did not look back. Some of the best years of my IT career were spent here. The stock options, travel across north america and the innovation I was exposed to was a life altering experience.
Great Place to work
Executive Business Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 September 2018
Microsoft is a great place to work. They value work/life balance. Very team based environment. Everyone is treated with dignity and respect. Great cafeteria.
Good pay - Work life balance is difficult
Premier Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2018
MSFT is a good pay master. However it is very competitive. This can take toll on work life balance. You may end up being dissatisfied. It also depends on the business and role you work in.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
work life balance is not there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2