Microserve Management reviews

BEWARE of this shady company, not recommended.
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 October 2018
A shady company with questionable business practices and abusive management.
Employees are overworked, underpaid, and viewed as disposable - which is why you'll constantly see jobs on Indeed; people only work with Microserve until they find something else.
Save yourself some time and stress - look elsewhere for fair compensation and honest employers.
Pros
it's a job until you find something else, high staff turnover so always looking for desperate newcomers
Cons
dishonest management, below market wages/perks/benefits
Recruiter
Sr Recruitment Consultant/Team Contract Admin (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 February 2018
Good coworkers poor management, no room for growth. don't stay longer then you need to its great place to gain experience but don't expect to be compensated fairly for you time
Pros
people
Cons
managers
Order Desk
Order Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 July 2017
Great place to start your career in IT, but not so good in the long run.
I would recommend working here as management is really good and you look forward to working with them.
Pros
Cons
Wage
Where to begin
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 March 2017
lack of promising. tells you that you won't get laid off when you're a full-time. poor judgment in management for those who at the warehouse. on site is a great experience, but can be stressful. gotten along majority of coworkers and clients. gotten lot of positive feedbacks and written to my managers, and yet not much appreciated in there from my managers. pay is much lower than average pay for as technician. and benefit is somewhat fair
Pros
experience in various site and departments
Cons
pays and lack of promises
Excellent employer
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC1 June 2015
Microserve was a very supportive and flexible employer. Always helpful and very friendly.
Would work with them again in the future.
Pros
Great Management team
Fun starter career in the IT industry, try to move on quickly.
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 March 2015
It's a pretty good company, but a lot of the work is contract based, so job security is next-to-nothing, and there's very little room for advancing in the company. You'd be better off getting some experience and trying to move on to bigger and better things. Some contracts also require a lot of travel, and you pretty much have to drop whatever else is going on in your life.
Pros
Usually good co-workers / management
Cons
Extensive Travel, Contract-based Work
PC deployment at various hospital sites
Deployment Technician (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 October 2014
Work starts at 8am every day. Working with your team really helps get you through the day. Deploying computers at various hospital sites around the GVRD.
Pros
Team
Cons
Excellent learning experience, professional and quick paced office environment.
computer technician / team lead (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 September 2012
A typical day at Microserve started at 8:30 in the morning at various government offices throughout the Province of British Columbia. I was responsible for meeting with the officer manager to discuss the schedule for the hardware installations of the day. Special requests were also discussed and complied with during the process. After this meeting I would sign-in with headquarters to let them know we would be starting the installation process. Once this was done the computer technicians would begin to install the computer hardware for the government office employee's. The hardware would typically take a full day depending on how large the job was. At the end of the day I was responsible for recording, destroying confidential information (contained on the harddrives) and shipping out government computers with their destroyed harddrives. Since this position required being able to travel I was also responsible to coordinating travel logistics for my team throughout the province. This included financing, rental cars and hotels.

My co-workers were a joy to work with. I enjoyed the team work involved with traveling, completing a work task and then returning home or continuing on to the next town to complete more assigned tasks. Management was great because we were in constant communication. Infact I learned how important communication with management is through working with Microserve. For example if there was an issue of any kind I was encouraged to call management to discuss my decision of what would be done to remedy the issue.

There were of course some challenges traveling with
  more... a group for an extended period of time. Sometimes people would get homesick and this would, at times, lead to some resigning. It was a challenge to find replacements from Victoria while out in a small town in the middle of British Columbia. Although with this being said I really did enjoy the various challenges that came up along the way.

Working at Microserve was fantastic. I learned a lot that I have brought with me in various other life scenarios both in and out of the worksite.
Pros
great co-workers, many learning experiences, challenging.
Cons
extended time away from home. sometimes months at a time.