Microserve

Microserve Employee Reviews

Canada35 reviews
good for Start
Good for Start working in Canada , team work company, good manager , friendly workplace , multicultural company , overall is a good company but payment is not good
Job opportunities
Need more positions and long term role.
Normally they hire in contract basis and that is seasonal. If they continue the positions whole year then it will be more beneficial.
Management is Laughable
Do not manage projects or company properly. hire technicians willy silly (don't care if they over qualified or have any experience at all) get you to work in the warehouse moving old computers around and boxing due to lack of knowledge in project management. barely minimal salary. job security next to nothing. nepotism is huge in the Victoria office. tattle talliers wins the ball. at the. at the "progress review" (dont get that if you are a field Tech) mark down just to cut the up scale salary even if works butt off.
Dont do it!
not a good place to work. job security next to nothing. hired as a diploy tec and project ran by another company who doesn't have a clue what is going on at microserve; thus loose all the connections plus no work on the job might as well sweep the floor and clean the warehouse. super high turn over due to poor management.
Pros
steping stone.hot chocolate learn how to sweep the floor and sort re-cycling
Cons
everything else
Family owned business
Great atmosphere; the pay is ok but management is super friendly and helpful. This was my first professional job and it was definitely a good way to start my career.
Great place to work, salary could be more desirable
Staff and management are great people. The salary is less than competitive and results in a high turnover of staff unfortunately.
However advancement is given to deserving people.
Great people, culture and work environment
The teamwork and culture is great. People are friendly and helpful. There’s always lots to do which keeps the work day interesting. The business has been on a consistent growth track which is exciting to be a part of.
Pros
People, clients, opportunities, culture
Good Company but.....
The work is fine for about a year or two but don't stay. 2% raise every year is laughable and the work is tough sometimes. The company is good but again don't stay too long they only look at their bottom line and don't train their techs and leave them out to dry.
BEWARE of this shady company, not recommended.
A shady company with questionable business practices and abusive management.
Employees are overworked, underpaid, and viewed as disposable - which is why you'll constantly see jobs on Indeed; people only work with Microserve until they find something else.

Save yourself some time and stress - look elsewhere for fair compensation and honest employers.
Pros
it's a job until you find something else, high staff turnover so always looking for desperate newcomers
Cons
dishonest management, below market wages/perks/benefits
Good for survive in Canada as first job
Good for survive in Canada as first job
Job of getting in touch with people and clients

good experience in gaining IT experience

all rounder work (disposal, asset recovery, deployment, delivery and pickup, lifting boxes)
Flexible Company
Good work/life balance. Average benefits. Below average salary. Good job security. Not a lot of advancement. Average job culture. Overall, pretty flexible.
Recruiter
Good coworkers poor management, no room for growth. don't stay longer then you need to its great place to gain experience but don't expect to be compensated fairly for you time
Pros
people
Cons
managers
Fun workplace
This company is very good in dealing with employees. The process specially in techology is awesome. Team building is fun and full of activities. I learned hows the teamwork is workin in a group.
rebuilding their purpose
this company is competing for IT hardware software sales against huge businesses and losing with nearly no margin. push towards services but running like a home business and shy to spend and commit.
Order Desk
Great place to start your career in IT, but not so good in the long run.
I would recommend working here as management is really good and you look forward to working with them.
Pros
Cons
Wage
Good place to work and learn
Good work environment, full people to work with, turnover is a little high and you might get reassigned at a moments notice between projects or to warehouse work but overall I would recommend Microserve.
Pros
Travel, great coworkers, great place to learn
Cons
Can be reassigned at a moments notice
Excellent Work Environement
Fast Paced, Challenging, Ongoing Training, Terrific Staff.

Accommodating Hours, Clean work environment, Decent wage.

Timely team support & interaction towards common goals & objectives
Where to begin
lack of promising. tells you that you won't get laid off when you're a full-time. poor judgment in management for those who at the warehouse. on site is a great experience, but can be stressful. gotten along majority of coworkers and clients. gotten lot of positive feedbacks and written to my managers, and yet not much appreciated in there from my managers. pay is much lower than average pay for as technician. and benefit is somewhat fair
Pros
experience in various site and departments
Cons
pays and lack of promises
very funny and friendly atmospher
We Updated windows 7 BIOS and configured its setup to deploy safegaurd disk encryption

meanwhile I learned some new tricks
Most fun I've ever had at work.
Long story short, at first Microserve seemed shady. .

I worked for them for two years and I would love to go back. The job I was doing was very elementary for what my skills and experience are. However, I had a ton of fun working there for the time I did.

The Victoria Branch is by far the most fun and that is an very important part of what I seek in an employer and for what it seems like they thrive to find in their employees as well.

There wasn't really a hardest part of my job other than having to drive everywhere.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom. How much they listened to me and my ideas.

I would love to go back to Microserve one day.

Don't let the small salary scare you away. if money is all you want out of life they YOU suck not the employer. They have more perks than they advertise.

The pay was great for the amount of work that I actually did.
Pros
Free lunches, car rentals, hotels
Excellent employer
Microserve was a very supportive and flexible employer. Always helpful and very friendly.
Would work with them again in the future.
Pros
Great Management team