Microsemi Employee Reviews

productive
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad24 January 2018
Good amount of work

• Responsible for developing and delivering Technical manuals. Experienced in understanding the workflows in workloads.
• Develop and/or maintain the documentation for Application notes, user guides, and demo guides.
• Work with Subject Matter Experts to establish scope for the process and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Delivering the manuals within the scheduled time.
• Publishing all the documents to the database.
Decent but rather boring at times
Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA21 January 2018
The position I fulfilled required large amounts of time sorting numerous stacks of paperwork that have long past their years. If one were to take on this job, be warned of a very menial task over a long period of time without much change to scenery or social interaction. The individuals who are present there offer a very nice change during break hours through conversation.
Pros
Bagels every Friday
Cons
Short breaks, one every 2-3 hours for 15-30 minutes
dynamic venture capital rather than a technical company
Chief System Architect/Product Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CA28 November 2017
dynamic work environment, teammates all over the world, the excellent jobs of the operation growth on the acquisitions, very challenge to integrate all resources together, no much organic growth
Test Operator (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA 9284112 October 2017
Friend workplace, nice lunch room where everyone could have a cup of coffee before work. The company give the employees training every year. Several cultures in the company, the employees can learn or share to co-worker
the very good company
Intern (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka27 July 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job,
i learned so many things in this job time period,
i did job in company keep on enjoying,
the management provide very good benifits to employs
Extremely Nice place with friendly and professional people
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Telangana11 June 2017
The Supervisor and Senior Engineer was a very Professional, knowledgeable and enthusiastic person. I learned a lot about my course and how to go green professionally. The cafeteria nd Recreation place was great.
I worked at the Foldom Ca plant for just over a year as an RF Test technician.
RF Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CA26 January 2017
Low wages and a complete misrepresentation of what my job responsibilities would entail. I worked out of town 100 + miles for 10 weeks, because I was in training. Then as a single parent who had an agreement to work day shift , was transferred to night shift. On thier behalf,they did reemburse me for rental car fees, and child care cost. I was laid off as a result of having to attend to my 10 year old son on several occations. This is why I accepted the offer of employment though. To work dayshifit.
I really liked my co-workers. Managment support was lacking. Overall they had nice working enviroments, and very good security. And they are very friendly when laying one off. Thank God L3 was next door.
Pros
Good peers
Cons
Poor management.
Clean place to work
Engineering Technician - Aerospace (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA10 December 2016
1) Typical day at work

2) I learned More ABOUT Troubleshooting in Switching Power Supply : 6000w FOR Boing.

3) Good Co-workers

4) Precision JOB

5) SEE HOW WORK!!!
Pros
start Early
ok place to work
Maintenace Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ7 December 2016
I did like the fellow workers there but the working environment was very dirty and noisy at times. very nice HR staff helped me in many ways
Good company
Senior QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ennis County Clare16 November 2016
Great company to work for,
management team great
Great opportunities to move roles
Training is good

Work in the aerospace and Military sectors.
Only difficulty about jobs was their was fixed holidays and no flexi time
Pros
Great staff, Managment
Cons
Behind a lot of companys in SPC
Tester (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MA1 November 2016
Worked with employees in a teamwork environment on a day to day basis. Although the work was the same throughout, the days were enjoyable.
Ok place to work. Pay is awful
Operator (Current Employee) –  Caldicot1 August 2016
Working in a technical role, one would expect half decent salary. However that is not the case. Operators earn just above minimal wage and technicians on a wee bit more than that. But products we make go for ££££ each and company earning more every year. Better of working in lidl for £9 an hour
Decent Company
Customer Suppport (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA30 June 2016
My experience here is is pretty good management is very nice the only bad thing here is there are no raises and severely understaffed my co workers are a great team
Great job security, until laid off.
Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MA3 June 2016
A privilege to work with and build long term relationships some of the smartest people on the planet.

I loved the work that I did and the recognition I enjoyed.

Management changed many times. Finally did me in.
Pros
Free Starbucks grind to brew coffee!
Cons
Dreadful vending machines.
Beautiful office loated in Aliso Viejo
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CA15 April 2016
Good company with good benefits and benefit options. Work life balance is up to you (you need to set boundaries). Employees are nice, long term, and hard working. Managers are fair, bad ones never last. Systems are up to date and the company is always making changes for the better. Always expanding.
Pros
Growth opportunity if you are motivated
Cons
Behind on 401(k) match, but at least they have a match
A total chaos with a crazy failed management
engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA8 March 2016
This company is the worst place you can work for. People talk behind each other backs to cover their own behind. The management has hired a bunch of dysfunctional directors that are totally useless. They are very immature for their level of management. It really makes you wonder how they've possessed those titles. Some of these directors have been there for many years, and they're protected by the upper management, so it doesn't matter how badly they run the group, they won't be touched. You will also see some directors with no prior experience (Microsemi is their first company), and they don't know how to behave as a director. They're very unprofessional, and don't follow any rules, company etiquette, or policies, and it's only a matter of time before they get slapped with a lawsuit.
The level of expectation is completely ridiculous. You work 12 hours a day, and they're still complaining. There are no benefits for engineers in this company. Engineers get no stock options or RSUs, and there are no ESPP in this company. These benefits are available only to directors and above; basically to the useless part of the company. Every year engineers get 20 hours of pay as a bonus, yes 20 hours. That's not a typo.
Microsemi acquires different companies, but doesn't know how to integrate them, and top management looks like a deer in headlights. All they do is misuse their power, and waste company's money at a fast rate.
Pros
You get the chance to work 12 hours/day
Cons
Lousy health care plan, no incentives, no clear direction, nothing....
Friendly and busy department, left to your own initive but had to keep pace with colleagues, Data Entry can be very repeaditive and tiring.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ennis, County Clare17 February 2016
Data Entry: Tedious and needs a lot of attention to detail.
Scanning: Scan all documents to computer.
Reception Relief: Mornings Break Relief, our dept took it in weekly rotation.
Not much contact with management.
co-workers friendly and helpful.
hardest part of job: concentration of repedative work
enjoyable part of job: my work colleagues very friendly.
Employee of MICROSEMI due to an acquisition of pmc
Staff Product Design (Current Employee) –  bangalore4 February 2016
MICROSEMI (was PMC-SIERRA) is a very good company for some one to learn and grow. Very good work culture. PMC-SIERRA is one of the leading ASIC provider for storage controllers and OTN. This gives an opportunity to work on some latest standards and complex designs.

Their compensation is also god. They give shares.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MA31 December 2015
I worked with my team and everyday we looked for a job and completed it. If there was a hot job, we needed to do it first as a priority.
Be very Careful
NA (Former Employee) –  California24 August 2015
If you are not part of the "click" and like to be on the outside and never feel totally welcome, then this may be the right place for you.

Just remember, that you this company can be very hostel and talk out of both sides of their mouth.

Perception is that top management uses company funds as their own piggy bank and decisions are made for political reasons.

I would not want to work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsemi. Our community is ready to answer.