MICHELS

MICHELS Employee Reviews

Canada3 reviews
Making all pastries and cookies.
Always fresh bake pastries.

Workplace is to small for a very productive store.

Toxic Management.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that co worker's are mostly Filipino's so its like your at home( if your a Filipino).
The new safety manager has a lot to learn as a manager. Mangers help there team out, not dismiss people cause they cant read minds.
As a manager, you have a responsibility to recognize and identify and encourage improvement where needed. But to begin with, you need to view performance management as a two-way discussion that goes on throughout the year.

◦Give employees feedback during one-on-one meetings and informally as regularly as possible.

◦Commend your employee in front of their peers.

◦Make performance notes about each employee in the period between conversations, so that come conversation time, you have concrete examples to share.

◦Remember that the goal of feedback is to describe desired behaviors and expectations, not to dwell on undesirable behaviors.

Hope this helps you out.
Pros
good workers
Cons
camp was awsome
I had worked there for a bit over a year and there was no option for advancement. I was under multiple managers so the environment was unpredictable. Although I was not allowed to have management status due to the pay difference, I was supervising and preforming management duties for minimum wage. However, it was a great learning environment and taught me a lot of customer service on-site and off-site.
Pros
great food, great location
Cons
small breaks, if any, no room for advancement.