Michelin Employee Reviews

Found 65 reviews matching the search See all 1,359 reviews
Good place to work if you live close by
Metallic Tissue Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NS1 October 2018
Great place to work if you live close by. Travelling is hard if you live far because of shift work. Otherwise great place to learn and grow. Alot of different departments so once you are on your way you can move around
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Shift work
friendly and instructive environment
Sale representative (Former Employee) –  AIM21 September 2018
Customer services , sale , marketing , technical follow ups
saving costs in transportation companies
trouble shooting and addressing problems along with recommended solutions
Pros
directed supervisions
Cons
na
As good as Michelin tires
Internship, Norm Sector (Former Employee) –  Clermont-ferrant7 September 2018
Tres bonne usine de pneu michelin specialiste des pneu neige. Fait interessant, ils possedent toute la chaine de fabrication des pneus sur place allant de la creation des materiaux a l'assemblage.
It's Okay... Used to be better
Line Worker and Quality & Safety Spokesman (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NS23 August 2018
Michelin in The Valley used to be THE place to work, not anymore.

The work/life balance is fine as long as you don't mind the shift work. Some people hate it, I didn't mind it. The people, for the most part, are good people, even if they are awful managers, which there are a lot of.

Management was why I left Michelin. They will always push you for better production, regardless of whether or not you are hurt. When you do get hurt, they send you to physio until you meet the very bare minimum requirements for the job instead of getting your health back to where it was before, resulting in future injuries (Which you will totally be judged for by anyone above the Business Unit Leader position). Treating employees like trash for being hurt on the job is why I left. I hated the job, but at least I was treated well until I was hurt, but after that there was absolutely no reason to stay. This is likely why plant morale was at an all time low when I left, why they will never have the production they used to, and ultimately why Michelin is no longer the place to work in The Valley.

The hardest part of the job, in my area, was keeping the machines running. Pretty well all of the machines I worked with were jury rigged to work, not to a dangerous extent of course, but holy cow they hardly ever ran correctly. When production wasn't met, upper management would have the gall to suggest that it was the workers not doing enough work from time to time, which was nice.... Blamed everything but the hardly functioning machines from the 60's.

Honestly, the most enjoyable part of the job
  more... is the people you'll work with. In my area there were a lot of really nice people and it was the only part of the job I missed when I left.

Oh, and I think the hiring standards were dumbed down so there's some pretty dumb people that work there... Used to hire people with brains that could think, however it seems that a brain is no longer required to work for Michelin, just a body they will abuse until it breaks.

Really though, the management there is a whole other degree of incompetent. I really cannot stress this enough.
Pros
Pay, Steady Schedule, Guaranteed hours, Pension
Cons
Incompetent Management, Disregard to worker health
Awful place to work, the only upside is the pay
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS21 August 2018
I was a summer student. The management was corrupt, I always felt attacked, and the shift work was too much on top of all that, and not even the break room had AC in 35+ degree temperatures.
Pros
the pay
Cons
everything else
Hard work but had good benefits
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS15 July 2018
The work that had to be done here was hard physically. The staff were not very helpful if you got sick while working there. They made it hard to do anything outside of the job.
Horrible place
Maf2 production (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS16 June 2018
This is an absolute horrible place to work at. I injured myself after about a year of working. They fired me and gave me no reason as to why. You are just a number there and they don't care about employees because in their mind everyone is replaceable.
Cons
Very busy in the spring and fall
Warehouse Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB17 May 2018
Management has great expectations of the personnel and productivity levels but with little understanding of how that can or cannot be accomplished. Unionized environment.
ok place to work
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Granton, NS26 April 2018
good place to work if you can handle getting really dirty, the people are good to work with in there. very dirty although. carbon black is hard to wash out of your pours sometimes even after numerous shower. people in there are driven to work and a lot of work gets done in this facility. apart from the dirt, working in here as an electrical apprentice, I have had learned a lot of skills and gained some experience, running rigid conduit and terminating connections in PLC's and many other various electrical units found in the plant.
Pros
experience
Cons
dirt
Worked as a volunter
Waterville - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NS17 April 2018
I worked volunteer. everyone was very kind and nice everything went very well while u was working there. I assisted in planning and working the parties.
not for everyone
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NS2 March 2018
Shift work, decent benefits, safe environment. Fast paced and on site training. large employer in the area with competitive pay. On site management okay.
Fun workplace with job security
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterville, NS19 February 2018
Fun workplace with job security. Located in the heart of the Annapolis Valley in the beautiful province of Nova Scotia. Employees enjoy a competitive salary and benefits.
Good pay, demanding work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NS13 February 2018
Good pay. The shifts can be hard on the family life though. The various shops can be a real hit or a miss regarding how demanding your job could end up being. The same could be said for management as well.
great
Production Worker/Business Unit Leader Relief (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS1 February 2018
Great place to work but it was in nova scotia and i wanted to move home to newfoundland because thats where all my family was and 10 years away was long enough
Great Environment for IE's
Industrial Engineer - Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 January 2018
An absolute great environment for Industrial Engineers. I did learn so much about the field during my employment in Michelin. Great team work, and excellent place to learn and contribute. Too bad the factory had to be shut done.
fun
line worker (Former Employee) –  Coldbrook, NS5 January 2018
was too hot, was too long of shifts but nice people and the pay was great. I liked the work and the people who worked with me. but management was a bit absent
Good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NS13 December 2017
It was a good work environment! Lots of help if needed and management was very organized!

Staff members were great and security always made sure everyone was safe!

Production was very safe!
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Long Hours
excellent place to work
Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NS31 October 2017
Good job security with excellent medical plan. It has a good safety rating. Great training program with opportunity to advance in company. Good pension plan.
Pros
good place to advance career
Cons
shift work
Vraiment une belle compagnie
Gestionnaire de la distribution numérique (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC27 August 2017
Michelin est une compagnie internationale avec une équité de marque sans pareil. Il y fait bon travailler et les possibilités sont infinies si vous êtes compétant et prêt à déménager. Je n'ai jamais senti un environnement compétitif dans le bureau et les avantages sociaux sont très compétitifs.
Pros
Avantages sociaux, environnement de travail
Cons
Avancement local
sucks
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS22 August 2017
if you dont mind being treated like you are disposable then you will be okay. just dont get hurt or they will send you packing. also flipping days to nights ruins life work balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michelin. Our community is ready to answer.