Michaels Employee Review

great place to work
Support specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2013
My shifts starts at 8 in the morning starting counting tills that's being use the night before. Open the store system make sure all cash is running each register have money by 9 morning meeting with staff about sales, our progress and special of the day for about 10 minutes get my deposit ready file away paper work from previous day by 10 do all my write off for damages , stolen items etc expect ups by 11 received all items thats being delivered make daily deposit to the bankt. At around 11:30 have a coffee break after words start all my price changes for the store order any supplies that needed such as coffee, toilet paper , garbage bags and so on my shifts usually ends around 1 -1:30
Pros
great environment always learn something new all the time
Cons
late delivery, going to the bank daily

Other Michaels Employee Reviews

Worst Management Ever
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 May 2018
Managers are useless. Have no idea who you are or what you do. You are trained by other part time workers on the job. No official training policy. Treated like children. Every day beginning of shift given a Piece of paper with the cash register # you are working on a couple of other words to tell you what you are doing and you had to hand these papers back in at end of shift. Each time you came in for next shift there was basically a report card waiting for you to tell you what your % was of getting emails and how long it takes you to cash someone out and if you did anything wrong. You get a sticker or magnet when you hit your email target but they really focus more on trying to find what you did wrong. Nobody talks to one another even in break rooms. Morale is terrible and it's a shame because it could be a great little part time job. Loved working on cash and enjoyed talking to customers, but when you dread going to work it's time to quit and that's what I did.
Pros
Store discount and. Cstomers
Very Interesting Day-to-day
Team Member/Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2018
As you will be visited by many different walks of artists. You may find yourself indulging in new arts yourself. It is an open space for ANYONE to emerge & find themselves a new hobby or interest.
Pros
Breaks & Team Members
Cons
Not many hours to go around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michaels. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K