Michaels Employee Reviews

Excellent workplace
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB16 August 2018
I enjoyed working for Michaels. In a very short time I went from being a store associate to being a custom framing associate to applying for and accepting the position of operations manager. The atmosphere is great, coworkers are inspiring and customers always fun to work with. A neat store with neat things for neat people.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Christmas
great team, lots of customer service experience
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 August 2018
main job was focus on delivering top customer service to customers each day. that includes:
greeting customers at the door
helping them find what they need
give suggestion to products that they might work best for them
cashier duties such as bagging, taking payments, engaging with customers , answering phone calls, making returns, putting items on hold .making sure front is always clean, customers are happy, and reaching the daily sales goal set by the company.
Very good workplace environment.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON13 August 2018
Great summer job workplace. The environment is very friendly. The customers are friendly for the most part and enjoy the help we can supply for them.
such an awesome crew to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 August 2018
I love the team I work with, we have a lot of fun and are able to jokearound with each other. the managers are the best and their honestly the most understanding people i've ever met.
amazing coworkers and such a fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC2 August 2018
I only worked at Michaels for two months but within those two months i made great friends, learnt more about retail, and over all had an awesome time every day i went in for work
Pros
worked here during Christmas and got lots of free food
environnement de travaille agéable
Caissière (Former Employee) –  michaels17 July 2018
jai encore contacte avec tout les mes anciens collègue de travail
Productive and fun with outgoing coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON16 July 2018
A typical day consists of cashing out customers and organizing the area of the store you are assigned as well as your work area. The managers are nice and understanding. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with difficult customers and having a long line of people waiting. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and creating friendships.
Nice friendly place to work
Customer Service / Cashier / Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 July 2018
Over all a day at work for me is very busy and high pace place of work. I do enjoy working with everybody. Everyone is very helpful and makes you feel very welcome.
Okay I guess
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 July 2018
Schedules were not flexible and training was messy and not done properly, much of the skills are learned independently. Managers play favourites and can be rude with beginners. Other workers are very nice though.
Pros
usually food in the break room
Cons
long hours, not flexible schedule
Best job i have had so far!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON28 June 2018
this job was amazing and allowed me to still be there for my son when i needed to be. I thoroughly enjoyed this job! I 100% would love to go back. i loved all of this jobs opportunities.
Good
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 June 2018
Depending on which location you work at, it can be good or bad depending on the manager. My location changed managers thrice in the 4 years I've worked there
Great people and great team
Part-time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON17 June 2018
The working environment at Michaels is amazing. The team there is very welcoming and friendly which really helps building relationships with those who work there. I could not have asked for a better work family!
fun and safe work enviroment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS15 June 2018
Management is respectful of not only customers but the employees also. The employees are very kind and help one another as a family. It is a great store to shop and work at!
Pros
safe and kind enviroment
Awesome people, fun environment, fast paced
Seasonal Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2018
My typical day at work was to check out the customers, answer phone calls, do returns, etc. During the closing shifts I was responsible for sweeping the floors, wiping down the counters, doing the final announcements, and ensuring everything was put back in its place. Through the job I learned better communication skills. I loved my managers, they were very friendly and understanding. The workplace was very stress-free. No drama at all, a very welcoming environment. The hardest part of the job was the customers, some of them were absolutely awful. On the bright side, I always came home with interesting stories. The most enjoyable part of the job was all my co-workers and my managers, they're like a family to me.
Pros
easy to switch shifts, fun environment
Cons
rude customers
Love to work with crafts
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON2 June 2018
Stock shelves, interacted with customers to help them get what they needed or even help them acquire items they did not know they wanted. Cleaned at the end of the evening.
Cons
no room to grow
a good student job
ASSOCIÉE DE VENTE ET CAISSIÈRE (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 June 2018
It was a nice first retail job, staff are super nice and relax work environnement. Great advantage if you are an Art student! You get discounts, get to know the product and even get the chance to try them sometime.
Pros
flexible hours, cupcakes, employee discount, art supplies
Cons
isolated location
Fun at the Arts & Crafts store
Replenishment (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2018
Working at Michaels was a great experience; it was the most fun I had at a job.
The co-workers were all welcoming, fun, and friendly.
My work primarily involved cleaning the store before it opened, receiving & unpacking skids of merchandise, unboxing & placing merchandise for display, and throwing out/compacting recycling & garbage.
Pros
always doing something, friendly co-workers, discount
Cons
I recommend using steel-toed shoes
A decent part time job
Replenishment Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2018
An enjoyable job that uses my organizational skills to good advantage. I'm always concerned with cleanliness and safety for associates and customers. Management is wonderful.
Pros
Great replenishment manager
Cons
Not enough hours
Okay place to work
Custom Framer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 May 2018
Schedules change without any notice, perpetually understaffed, almost impossible to book days off. The sales associates are amazing but the manager leaves something to be desired. She’s nice and all but has way too many things going on at once and it can be very hard to reach her.
Pros
Paid 15 min break every 2 hours
Cons
Always understaffed
Good place for someone with a general appreciation for art
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 May 2018
An excellent place to work if you have a general interest in arts and crafts which I do not which made it hard for me as I was only there in a seasonal position (unbeknownst to me) and because of that I was never truly trained or informed of new products or employee technology, this caused great difficulty when trying to assist the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michaels. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K