Michaels Employee Reviews

Found 487 reviews matching the search See all 6,163 reviews
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 February 2019
Michaels is a great place to work. Michaels has great staff and management. The centre mall location is very organized, always clean and a fairly big store with great product.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
hours for the slow months
Productive Work Place
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 February 2019
While I volunteered at Michael's, I would usually start by coming around 9AM. I was given tasks such as organizing the different sections throughout the store. I realized that things here need to be kept organized, especially when inventory is coming up. Since I was only organizing throughout the store, there was nothing that was particularly hard to do, it was just putting things where they belonged, and moving onto the next section.
creative workplace that could be improved with more responsible management
Sales Associate/ instructor (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB12 February 2019
a typical day at work for me is running kids art classes and parties, this includes gathering materials and doing prep
I have learned a lot through this job, of the many things I've learned I most value learning how to talk and interact well with kids, how to be creative, and how to deal with stressful or challenging situations and people in terms of customers and coworkers
The management at Michaels is lacking in my opinion, things i would change about the management would be more accountability and professionalism, and better communication between managers and employees.
the workplace culture is a large motivation to go to work, my coworkers are lovely and we all get along quite well and fave fun working together.
the hardest part of my job would be dealing with accidental double bookings and not getting the proper schedule.
the best pert of my job is getting to be creative and come in and make crafts with kids for 6 hours on a saturday,
Pros
my specific job as an instructor is fun
Cons
management is lacking
Good hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 February 2019
Got around 25 hours each week, the management was nice but it is hard to fit in there. There was a little bit of tension because I don’t think coworkers/mgmt got along as well as they could have. They also hired some other people who were kind of hard to get along with. Towards the end it was becoming a little toxic between some other coworkers, but other than that the hours were great and the environment wasn’t too bad. If you’re into arts and crafts it’s great because you get to look at crafts all day and get a discount on them too!
Pros
Discounts on crafts supplies
Cons
Fun, engaging place to work
Cashier and sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC6 February 2019
Everyone is so much fun to work with, and regular customers are always a treat. Managerial staff was incredibly nice and understanding and really flexible with hours
Good management
Michaels replenishment associate (Former Employee) –  Canada1 February 2019
Friendly associates and management team superb
Learned so much in a day
Certain parts of the store overwhelming
All in all I enjoy moving around and working
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Taskable
Fun environment to work in, amazing co workers, gained great customer service skills.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC31 January 2019
During my time working at Michael's I got to work with and meet many wonderful people, gained a ton of good skills and overall great management and staff to work around. Customers that come in are also very nice to be around
Pros
free breaks, flexible hours
Cons
Understaffed sometimes
Positive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON31 January 2019
Going to work was always nice because the staff were friendly and welcoming. Management was fair and well organized.

The employees deals were amazing with the additionally weekly coupons that were given out.
Pros
Great employee deals
Cons
Christmas Season
Decent place to work and learn
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 January 2019
A typical day at the store was working with like minded individuals who were working toward the same goal, to make the store successful and to grow within it.
Pros
Great reward Lunches
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK27 January 2019
It is a fast paced workplace, and theres always something to do. You learn exceptional customer service skills every single day.
The management is great. Every one is very friendly as well. Weather you are on cash or on the sales floor it is never a dull moment.

Also, the hours are very flexible. Which is nice.
Pros
flexible hours
Family environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 January 2019
I have been working here for 4 years and I have to say that my co-worker and I are like family, we get along so well and we feel sad when on of us leaves. I also have to say that the location is great for me it is only a half hour walk from my home and learning the product is easy since they don't move items around the store that often, I also love how you can change your position in the store "i.e., cashier to framer" I love all the class event too (since i am a class instuctor) because the event are fun and creative as well.
Pros
Fun, energetic, family
Cons
not enough hour.
Great and Friendly Place to work
Custom Framer / Personal Designer (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON25 January 2019
- opportunity for advancements
-variety of job opportunities

Every day I got in there and recognize that each day is new and different which is exactly the kind of job I like.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 January 2019
Fun place to work and learn new things. Buid report with returning custoomers. Also working in the classroom teaching children crafts and paint nights that we are allowed to attend. Michaels is a fun placw to work and meet new people
Pros
company discount
Cons
mot enough hours
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 January 2019
fun and energetic team to work with. tasks are simple, organizing aisles, restocking, helping customers find materials, communicating with other Michaels locations to find products for customers. basic crafting knowledge and knowledge of products sold in the store is an asset.
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON22 January 2019
Amazing management. Every co-worker is very friendly and so are most customers. Was a great place to experience a retail based job. Typical day tasks include operating at the cash register or stocking shelves, as well as helping customers with anything they might need.
Great place to work if that is your scene
Pleb (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2019
If yo are a arts and crafts lover, this job was meant for you. I have very much enjoyed working for the company. I have learn a huge amount of information about arts and crafts there in my time. It is a high demand job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Is there ever enough hours given lol.
bonne avantage sociaux, mais peu d'heures
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Saint-Constant, QC17 January 2019
Les heures ne son pas stable, il y a souvent des pénurie d'heures à donner au employer. Toutefois, l'équipe de travail est vraiment bien.
Pros
l'équipe
Cons
Manque d'heures
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON16 January 2019
Great place to work! Fantastic team of co-workers! Management was very helpful in getting you settled and confident in your new position. Very approachable with questions and ideas. Loved working there.
Pros
training was extensive
Cons
only a seasonal position
Amazing place to work and nice people.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON16 January 2019
Customers were really nice as well as coworkers. Overall a lovely work place and great experience. Management was great too and could resolve problems easily with customers.
Pros
Lovely Management, Great Coworkers
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun work environment, friendly coworkers, overall awesome work environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 January 2019
During my seasonal months at Michael's; I gained customer service skills, cash, restocking shelves, and how to work well by myself as well as in group settings with my coworkers.
Pros
Wonderful people, great customers, nice environment to be in, conceptional management
Cons
Sometimes long hours with not enough staff, no breaks if it is too busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michaels. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K