Michael Kors

Michael Kors Employee Reviews

Working in sales taught me all the basics of making good sales and customer service. I found the management team at my workplace to be quite disappointing as they didn't treat everyone equally and with respect; however, I don't believe all MK stores are the same. I reccomend starting as a sales associate because any company or employee would appreciate someone with adequate sales and customer service experience.
Pros
Great place to build work experience
Cons
Hard to advance
4 January 2021
We genuinely appreciate the time you spent informing us about your experience with Michael Kors. We will review your feedback and make the appropriate changes. - Michael Kors Human Resources
MK is great compared to other retail jobs. The salary is decent and your commissions can pad it nicely. Also if you have a good manager and good coworkers the job can be really good. However the corporate culture is not great and the higher ups promote more on looks than on overall abilities. If you look “jet set” that’s often all you need to succeed in the company. Also the hours can be quite gruelling. Even part time employees often work 30+ hours a week, so that’s something to keep in mind if you are a student.
Pros
Fair salary and benefits (for a full timer), commission, can make great friends
Cons
Long hours, terrible managers
26 October 2020
Thank you for your review of Michael Kors. We encourage our employees to have a a healthy work/life balance. We will review your feedback and make any appropriate changes. For more details about Michael Kors values and our company culture, please visit www.michaelkors.com/careers. -Michael Kors Human Resources
Conditions de travail oĂč les employĂ©s sont poussĂ©s pour atteindre leurs objectifs de vente, alors qu'aucune commission ou reconnaissance salariale n'est offerte aux employĂ©s. DĂ©sormais au salaire minimum.Mais, flexibilitĂ© des horaires pour concilier l'emploi et les Ă©tudes.
Pros
conciliation travail-Ă©tude
Cons
salaire
They over work you, get rid of everything that made it worth working-free clothes, bonuses. They add stress upon you and during holiday season, you have absolutely no life- you will be pushed around and bullied.
Pros
The friends you make
22 September 2020
Management are nice! My whole new team are really fun compare before! No more toxic at work, more on teamwork, fun and we even make jokes almost everyday at work. Sometimes management treats us refresher drinks which makes us more productive at work! Just be yourself and do your best at work and you’ll be fine!
Pros
Discount/Experience
Cons
Nothing except long hours on blackout period
17 September 2020
Thank you for your review of Michael Kors, we appreciate you being the direct line of support for our customers!-Michael Kors Human Resources
With 20 years of experience I was able to identify major issues that were preventing the team from moving forward within a week of being in my role.I identified that I needed to hire but every candidate I brought forth I was told didn’t look Michael Kors meaning they weren’t beautiful even employees that I had managed for years who were fantastic at what they did.Before I arrived all members of management at my store had been put into their roles that they were not ready for. It was clear that the district manager simply did not offer support or would put Band-Aids on major issues to make herself look good the corporate.Friends hiring friends. I gave it a year and I left because I didn’t see the culture shifting as long as the store was profitable they were turning a blind eye.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lack of support from upper management
30 October 2020
Typically overworked and underpaid, often doing tasks outside of the regularly expected job demands. Poor management and high turn over rate. Unclear policies which lead to challenges on the sales floor. Upper management seemingly prefers to hire unqualified external candidates compared to promoting qualified internal employees.
13 August 2020
We appreciate the time you took to complete this review. We strongly believe that our people are our greatest asset and we work hard to ensure that our employees have room to grow. We will review your feedback and make any appropriate changes. For more details about Michael Kors values and our company culture, please visit www.michaelkors.com/careers. - Michael Kors Human Resources
Awful work culture, staff is catty. Company expects management to work far too many hours with no remuneration for them. Unacceptable No support from upper company management
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work life balance
27 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are respected and that their contributions are valued. Taking care of our associates is one of our core values. We continuously look for ways to ensure that associates have equal access to growth and development opportunities.- Michael Kors Human Resources
I left MK solely on the basis that I was not paid enough for my role. They pay way under market value. The company itself was good, and I was fortunate enough to have wonderful managers and amazing teams to work with. I learned a lot. Advancement takes time, but if you’re patient, it will happen.
Pros
Clothing allowance, advancement opportunities, open door policies
Cons
Awful pay
11 August 2020
We appreciate the time you took to complete this review. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we aim to ensure that our compensation and various benefits packages are competitive and meet industry standards. We will review your feedback with the appropriate teams. -Michael Kors Human Resources
The company is currupt from the top down. They don't pay people what they're worth, your pay depepds on the location you work and good luck enjoying work
I found Michael Kors to be a very positive work environment with excellent support from upper management and head office. Great training processes are in place to set everyone up for success.
Small store, great management, lots of place growth, did two interviews one with the store manager and second with the district manager. Very easy not very scary. Very good benefits.
Micheal Kors is an absolutely amazing place to work. He treats his employees well, with employee discounts, team building meetings and a great work environment. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about my time spent at Micheal Kors.
Fast paced, good commission. Great employee discount. Management has high expectations. Good hours. Clientele was made easily. A lot of high intense sales.
18 December 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed working at Michael Kors. -Michael Kors Human Resources
18 December 2020
I do not recommend this company as your work life balance is of minimal concern. Also, You are not compensated enough for the amount of work you do. No room for growth either.
It is a famous and popular handbag brand ,mostly local people and tourist comes at this spot to shop.Support from superiors and team mates always motivate me to work hard.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
long travelling
You feel like you’re a prisoner here. You have to ask to go to the bathroom because you can’t leave your zone. Particular managers will target you if they don’t like you or feel threatened by you, they will talk poorly about you behind your back, attack you to your face, and act all sweet to you some days but then belittle you other days. Last minute scheduling! Will give you the schedule for Sunday-Saturday, the Saturday NIGHT before it starts.
Beaucoup de clients, beaucoup de ventes, toujours des nouveautés, compétition entre les vendeurs, difficile/épuisant de rester debout à la caisse tout le long des quarts de travail, permet de finaliser et assurer la vente avec le client, trÚs motivant, collÚgues de tout ùge, belle ambiance, contact régulier avec la direction.
It's a fun place of learning . Competitive selling must make goals. teaches you of selling techniques. Hardest part of the job was moving from a new store.
I worked for MK for three years under numerous management and once promoted, upper management. They expect you to be on call for shifts and changes as if you are a surgeon. The pay is absolutely brutal and you receive a twenty CENT raise a year. Looks like they need that $0.20 more than you! Horrible District Managers who take photos of themselves in the mirror instead of work, they come in and act as if they are dictators... you are required to stay until 2 or 3am to swap the merchandise around... the disrespect from DM’s is a a disgusting.
Do a thorough research of the industry before committing to Micheal Kors. Store environment differs depending on store management and district manager.
  1. Employee reviews