Michael Kors Employee Reviews

Found 69 reviews matching the search See all 1,186 reviews
Terrible experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON16 January 2019
I will never recommend anyone to work for this company. Management is rude, they don’t follow your availability even when you made it very clear in an interview.
This place is terrible to work and they treat you horribly!!
Great co-workers
SEASONAL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 January 2019
Days of rush were sometimes chaotic and uncontrollable, but overall a good job and good co-workers.
Management was hostile.
Days off were never guaranteed.
Too many last-minute cancelled shifts with no notice.
Pros
Free lunches
Tsawwassen Mills
Full Time Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen Mills12 January 2019
I have been working there since the mall open, very good team, good store manager. we always very busy during the holiday season, we always have good discount on everything/
michael kors
Full Time Sales associate (Former Employee) –  McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Vancouver12 January 2019
very good experience working at MK, good team good managers.
Have learned lots of things,the hardest part of the job is we are very busy join the holiday season
Fun place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 January 2019
It was a fast paste environment with fun and friendly people to work with
The managers were all nice and flexible with the employees requests.
The culture of the place was a luxury work place.
Stock Associate
Stock associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 January 2019
The shipments would come in early morning only on the weekdays. The amount of products in the box must correspond with the paperwork before being received. A manager must sign and confirm the amount of shipments coming in. At the end of receiving the boxes, the products will go in there own specific section. The empty boxes need to be cut up and stacked up in the presentable manner for garbage. Before the boxes and garbage bags are taken out for recycling, the manager must check each and every item. The hardest part of the job in the beginning for me would be getting called to bring 10 things at once from the co-workers at the front for customers. As you get familiar with the backroom and come up with a strategy with the stock crew, it becomes easier. The most enjoyable time at the job is when the store is not busy and you can work at your own pace on maintain and keep it clean while playing music. Sometimes the managers would bring coffee for the employees or bring snacks/food depending on the day. The stock crew would have the benefit because the sales associate could not leave the front to come in the back unless it's their break or washroom.
Pros
Employee discount is great, flexible hours, work by yourself
Cons
The coworkers are impatience, pay could of been better, being treated unfairly
Work anywhere but here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 December 2018
This job is the worst sales job I ever experienced. Management was horrible with managers always putting their work on you, stealing your sales and punishing you for anything they can even when you are their top sales associate. Good luck ever trying to move to full-time as they hire only part time to avoid giving any benefits even if you work over 40 hours a week. Only good thing is the discount until you find out their products fall apart and lack quality. They also choose what you wear so be ready to show off what you got.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Everything else
FUN and Generous company
Flagship Branch Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON16 November 2018
A fun work experience that values each and every employee. The company is very generous for all aspects of the work life , from lunch breaks to clothing allowances to contest prizes.
Pros
Filled with a mutitude of company benefits
Cons
Publicly traded entity
Learned alot
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2018
You learn alot about fashion and whats trending! I love the discount and wardrobing here! I wish I was able to show my tattoos though! wahh, besides that it was a good work space!
Pros
Discounts, Good pay
Cons
Meetings early in the morning!
Unpolite staff, high strung customers, no job advancment what so ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2018
I worked for Michael Kors for about a year in a half and first I want to start with their appearance policy, if you have tattoos or piercings forget it you're going to be highly judged when getting wardrobe, I once had to come in extremely ill to work because no one could cover my shift so I didn't look that great and instead of management asking if I was okay or even taking the full day which i now know as a manager is what should happen they decided to tell me and I quote "Go put your face on" I asked the manager to advance after doing so much work and everything and doing extra I was not getting paid for if I could advance and she led that on for me so I ended up quitting because I wasn't going anywhere and I found out that a girl that had started working there 4 month prior had got the position. For such a low quality company they have such high expectations of their staff honestly they should work on the work place and their staff in making them happier then worry about "experience Michael" because it starts with who you hire and how you treat your staff, I'm very grateful for the experience however I am very displeased with them as a company and especially if you have this many bad comments about management they should be doing something just know that if you work here head office and store managers do NOT care about you.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
underpaid, high expectations, low quality clothing.
Best retailer that i have worked for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 October 2018
Amazing people working for this brand. Company culture is incredible. Despite having many years of retail experience prior to coming on board with Michael Kors, this company has taught me a lot. If you are staying in retail, i would defiantly recommend this company
Pros
competitive salary, competitive bonus structure, amazing benefits, paid break
Cons
cannot take more than 10 days of vacation in a row
NOT A LUXURY BRAND poisonous culture, toxic work environment, poor quality
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON24 September 2018
If you want to feel undervalued, surround yourself with constant negativity, and ensure no future growth whatsoever, this is the place for you. After spending 3 years with this company I saw it all. The culture is despicable. Management would mock and insult applicants who showed up for interviews that they deemed "ugly, fat, ghetto, etc.) Even if someone has amazing skills and experience - irrelevant. The discrimination taking place in this company is shocking. Management fights harder for commission than sales associates, creating a toxic, uncomfortable, environment with zero trust between all. Favouritism, gossip, and negativity fuels the Michael Kors machine and it is incredibly sad to watch. I loved this brand - but as prices started to go up the quality went so far down. Outlet product is more expensive than lifestyle stores due to huge unjustifiable price increases and constant "promotions" (the outlet is now permanently 50% off.) The brand has cheapened itself beyond repair. Items are sold wrapped in garbage bags. The clothing allotment was a perk until the quality of the clothes became embarrassing, pilling after one wear, seams and stitching falling apart, buttons and zippers break after two wears...)
No matter how hard you work or what a loyal and dedicated employee you are, you will never get recognition. Management acts jealous of the sales associates commission and are not there to help by any means, they are there to compete, constantly gossiping about staff to one another and demeaning all employees behind their backs. I don't want to come across as bitter
  more... this is strictly a warning to others.  less
Pros
N/a
good salary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manitoba26 June 2018
as a part time job for the student, it's good pay, employees sometimes fight for commissions. during the holiday, working for a long time. sometimes, little work and life balance
High pressure, commission based environment. Great pay and lots of training.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 May 2018
This job can be high pressure because it is a commission based environment; however, if you are good at selling, the pay outweighs most of the cons. The company spends a lot of time to ensure that you are well trained on their selling culture, which shows that they take pride in offering a consistent experience for their customers.
Pros
Clothing allocations, great discount
Cons
Competitive
a fun place to work
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 May 2018
It's a good place to work. There's a lot of energy and patience required. it's a place where you can learn how to become more fashionable and classy.
the company has good moral but the management team needs to be reconsidered
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Peninsula, ON4 May 2018
they claim to be an all inclusive company but that is a lie! if you are white, blond hair, botox, and have fake lips: this is the perfect job for you! A LOT of institutional racism, It's so sad and actually disgusting. the management teams are all friends so they do not look into issues of discrimination when you bring it to their attention. I loved working for the company but the management team is such a disgrace. you maake good money though but is it worth the treatment? suit yourself.
Good Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 April 2018
Many perks when working for the company.
However, the company should be more sympathetic when it comes to employees personal lives. There is no room for personal time, not understanding of vacation period needed.

Management should focus more on the company rather than playing on their power trips.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Amazing Discounts
Cons
No internal growth
fun and innovative working experience
Sale Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
Provided high standard in-store product care and after-sale customer service, which further contacts customers by following up on social media including Wechat and Messengers
Introducing product features to influence customer purchasing, exceeded sales targets consistently by 10%
Investigated competitor (Coach) services and recommend manager to use circle promoting strategy, which lengthens customers’ standing time by 15 minutes by estimation
Pros
internal discount
Cons
long time standing
I run the world.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 January 2018
Antartica - Ice.
Zahara- Sand
Everest - Gravol
Rain forest- Fire wood

I started off by doing simple exercises such as 30 x 333: 9990$
x 12 months. We have to find 30 products being sold at 333$
After I finish doing my simple exercises I move on to use my manipulation or coercion skills to my advantage.
Pros
good salary
Cons
bad hours
Difficult Workplace Culture
o Part-time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2018
The workplace culture at the eaton centre location is not comfortable, and management has a lot to do with it. Aggressive numbers that they push salespeople to meet, leading to aggressive approaches to customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.