Michael Kors Employee Reviews

the company has good moral but the management team needs to be reconsidered
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Peninsula, ON4 May 2018
they claim to be an all inclusive company but that is a lie! if you are white, blond hair, botox, and have fake lips: this is the perfect job for you! A LOT of institutional racism, It's so sad and actually disgusting. the management teams are all friends so they do not look into issues of discrimination when you bring it to their attention. I loved working for the company but the management team is such a disgrace. you maake good money though but is it worth the treatment? suit yourself.
Good Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 April 2018
Many perks when working for the company.
However, the company should be more sympathetic when it comes to employees personal lives. There is no room for personal time, not understanding of vacation period needed.

Management should focus more on the company rather than playing on their power trips.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Amazing Discounts
Cons
No internal growth
I run the world.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 January 2018
Antartica - Ice.
Zahara- Sand
Everest - Gravol
Rain forest- Fire wood

I started off by doing simple exercises such as 30 x 333: 9990$
x 12 months. We have to find 30 products being sold at 333$
After I finish doing my simple exercises I move on to use my manipulation or coercion skills to my advantage.
Pros
good salary
Cons
bad hours
Creaive and Productive
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 January 2018
Starts with cleaning and organizing. then busy during certain hours ending with follow ups. Management is approachable and work culture is aligned with high standards and great service.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
standing for long periods
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2018
The company really values their employees and are always giving back to them. You always feel welcome and appreciated. Great management and all around great team.
Great corporate.
Assistant General Manager/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 December 2017
Professional and organized work place. Great leaders! Great team! Structured corporate. Always good training programs. Brainstorming sessions. Good mentors. Smiling co-workers and always receiving constructive feedbacks.
Pros
A good benefit package
Cons
Work nights and weekends.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 October 2017
brings items to customers, assist in decision making with customers
clientele building relationships with our customers
most enjoyable part is the friendly atmosphere
Pros
free wardrobe
Cons
only neutral nail polish allowed
good management, good work culture, high traffic therefore working under pressure
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 October 2017
Very lax management, gives a lot of leeway to advance yourself in the company, provides tools to do your job. You get wardrobed, expected to look a certain way (clean, well groomed, sophisticated, jet set, etc)
Pros
catered meetings, gifts with meetings, employee discount
Cons
floor set (early mornings, late nights), long hours with little break compared to other companies
well paid, but toxic environment and irresponsible upper management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 July 2017
Michael Kors itself does not operate on friendly terms. From the beginning, it is made clear that work is work, and that there will be very little room otherwise. While the store management team is very kind and understanding, their hands are bound by the upper management; they have very strict availability expectations, and are not at all understanding for personal circumstances: for example, one person was forced to quit because she had to take 8 days off to visit her sick grandmother. They also require shifts during exam periods, which is unfavourable for students. HQ are constantly watching the store on the cameras, and would crack the whip on anything they do not see fit.
Pros
commission
Cons
inflexible
Busy, yet enjoyable workplace
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON14 June 2017
It is a very fast paced and busy retail store to work for. Coworkers are absolutely great. Also good perks for working there, such as a given wardrobe for employees.
Fun Place
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC7 June 2017
Really did enjoy my time with Michael Kors. Had a lot of benefits, but had to leave to go back to school. Management was very professional, and everything was organized.
Nice company / Poor pay / Awful experience
Selling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2017
This is based on one particular location, not all Michael Kors.
A typical day included minding your own business, go in to work complete your 8 hours and run out as soon as you could.
Management did not celebrate nor coach.
Culture? Just make sure you look pretty...
The hardest part of my job would be trying to do my job when the entire store was bullying you. The new girl comes in to work, and that was too much of a change for the lazyness that was fostered.
Pros
Great incentives (employee discount / free clothing), Fun seasonal meetings in hotels to learn about new product launches.
Cons
Pay was terrible, sales associates were making more than first level of management, no motivation from management, dull place
fun place
Sales Associate (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
fun environment to work at especially meeting different people and you get to play dress up when its dead. its a pretty nice place to work at with friendly people
constantly given tasks and ensuring the store is detailed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 February 2017
I learned a lot about the products and background of the company and Michael himself. I was able to satisfy customers with my fast learning about the products and answer all of their questions to my ability. The employees were great always happy to be there and committed to their job. Management team was good. They were always ensuring that we were representing the store as supposed to.
Pros
free breakfast and lunches
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2017
Great place to work with great staff, Discount is a huge benefit and its exciting to learn so much about the brand! Head office is very organised and always like to keep up to date with what you're doing and how you're finding it.
Fast paced fashion house with endless opportunities for growth
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2016
Fast paced fashion house with endless opportunities for growth. Company is very invested in its employees. Strong focus on daily training and company culture instilled in all positions.
Learning Curve
Footwear Buyer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 August 2016
This was essentially a turning point in my career. I am extremely proud to have acquired a position at MK. Being a dream company to work for. I quickly learned that just because we dream it and want, doesn't necessarily mean that it is what's best for us.
I did learn a lot about what drives a company to be so successful.

I still apply sales strategies and discipline that I learned at MK in my current job.
Fun Place To Work, Learn about the quality of fabrics and Brand Name
Sales Associate Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2016
This company is a great company to work for if you are a full time student and need to make a few bucks to cover your expenses, however if you are looking to grow within the company, think again. Michael Kors is a fun and enjoyable environment, but it lacks the proper tools to understand the potential its employees have, especially at a sales associate level.
Pros
Fun, exciting, fashion
Cons
Work too much, management lacks experience, not considered a value to the company
very versatile work environment
Product Specialist, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2016
open the store or start my shift by getting a meeting about the day before, and the plan of the day. then i start helping customers and make sure i reach my goal everyday.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
management
Great working environment
Sale ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON11 April 2016
Working at Micheal Kors has elevated my skills that are required to be an excellent sale associate and Micheal Kors employee. My co-workers has built a team , in which everyone part takes in their responsibilities and delivers their full extent and ability to to manage high brand store smooth and effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job was simply attending work and demonstrating to the customer customer service and help through the strong support of the company. The typical days was always a great date. I have learned and have taken many information , skill and experience that has contributed not only my work life but also personal and for that I am grateful for the opportunity I had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.