Michael Kors

Michael Kors Employee Reviews

Canada105 reviews
I left MK solely on the basis that I was not paid enough for my role. They pay way under market value. The company itself was good, and I was fortunate enough to have wonderful managers and amazing teams to work with. I learned a lot. Advancement takes time, but if you’re patient, it will happen.
Pros
Clothing allowance, advancement opportunities, open door policies
Cons
Awful pay
The company is currupt from the top down. They don't pay people what they're worth, your pay depepds on the location you work and good luck enjoying work
I found Michael Kors to be a very positive work environment with excellent support from upper management and head office. Great training processes are in place to set everyone up for success.
Small store, great management, lots of place growth, did two interviews one with the store manager and second with the district manager. Very easy not very scary. Very good benefits.
Micheal Kors is an absolutely amazing place to work. He treats his employees well, with employee discounts, team building meetings and a great work environment. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about my time spent at Micheal Kors.
Fast paced, good commission. Great employee discount. Management has high expectations. Good hours. Clientele was made easily. A lot of high intense sales.
I do not recommend this company as your work life balance is of minimal concern. Also, You are not compensated enough for the amount of work you do. No room for growth either.
It is a famous and popular handbag brand ,mostly local people and tourist comes at this spot to shop.Support from superiors and team mates always motivate me to work hard.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
long travelling
You feel like you’re a prisoner here. You have to ask to go to the bathroom because you can’t leave your zone. Particular managers will target you if they don’t like you or feel threatened by you, they will talk poorly about you behind your back, attack you to your face, and act all sweet to you some days but then belittle you other days. Last minute scheduling! Will give you the schedule for Sunday-Saturday, the Saturday NIGHT before it starts.
Beaucoup de clients, beaucoup de ventes, toujours des nouveautés, compétition entre les vendeurs, difficile/épuisant de rester debout à la caisse tout le long des quarts de travail, permet de finaliser et assurer la vente avec le client, très motivant, collègues de tout âge, belle ambiance, contact régulier avec la direction.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Michael Kors?
It's a fun place of learning . Competitive selling must make goals. teaches you of selling techniques. Hardest part of the job was moving from a new store.
Worked at the specialty store in Richmond Centre, I can't stress enough do not work for this location. Management lashes out at you, often at the customers too. Their wage is minimum and the commission is so little. The manager tolerates work violence and the regional manager knows what went on but didn't interfere because bullies were top sales aka supervisors at rhe store. I have never been this uncomfortable working in Canada.
Pros
You can use phone because others do it too
Cons
Work violence, intimidation, verbal offenses, attitude problems, minimum wpay, unrespectful work culture
I worked for MK for three years under numerous management and once promoted, upper management. They expect you to be on call for shifts and changes as if you are a surgeon. The pay is absolutely brutal and you receive a twenty CENT raise a year. Looks like they need that $0.20 more than you! Horrible District Managers who take photos of themselves in the mirror instead of work, they come in and act as if they are dictators... you are required to stay until 2 or 3am to swap the merchandise around... the disrespect from DM’s is a a disgusting.
Do a thorough research of the industry before committing to Micheal Kors. Store environment differs depending on store management and district manager.
Dealing with customers is not so bad. Pay is amazing. Management is okay, they are understanding. Staff, hands down phenomenal. Everyone is so friendly & kind & they do take their time with knowing customers. No need for rushing.
Workplace culture is overall good. You are always in constant challenge to achieve daily sales goals. The fun part of the job specially in the downtown store is that you are always meeting new people as there are always new visitors in the store.
This review is based on a sales associate position.

I had a fairly fast interview process. A group interview, with a manager and district manager, which I now know was an expedited interview compared to the usual process of multiple interviews, which can take up to a month for a positive offer of employment.

They woo you with talk of advancement, raises, opportunities. They speak on being a "family" type of environment. Do not let this fool you. This is a trick. No matter the amount of initiative you show, hard work or dedication, you will still be paid minimum wage.

Year after year, my "surprise, you get a raise!" was actually "surprise, the provincial government is forcing us to pay you more, so here is a couple cents more per hour". Which actually ended up being less money in our bank at the end of the month, because they reduced our commission rate after that to 1% due to the provincial minimum wage raise. They do not want their employees to see success. Michael Kors Canada wants their employees to make maximum profits for them at the expense of the employee.

The turnover at the company is insane. I stayed on for a couple years and saw many great hard working people leave due to the corporate BS.

As a sales associate, you have strict dress code rules all the way down to the length and colour of your fingernails. Some stores will send you home if you show up to work not wearing makeup, or if there are wrinkles in your dress. You are forced to wear their clothes as dresscode, but yet you still get deductions taken out from your pay for these clothes. If
 - more...
great environment at Micheal kors ,
fun co workers, and very understandable

great pay/ stat pay

work lunches/ party

everyday learning new things

Management sucks. At least every 2 months there is a new manager because no one knows how to run the store properly. Very unorganized and rude staff that only care about gossiping within the store. Managers and staff gossip the whole shift and pick on individuals to clean up the store while they talk. Store manager is rude and only cares about making herself look good for the district managerwho also does not know what she is doing. Terrible placw to work you wont be allowed any days off
the people are great, the product moves itself and you just need to provide assistance to customer needs. It's a fun environment when everyone is like a close knitted family.
Michael Kors was a great place to work at to gain experience in a commission based environment. Also being aware of the fashion industry and how we needed to upsell to the clients and also bring in other departments ex. watches, shoes etc..