Michael Garron Hospital logo
Michael Garron Hospital

Michael Garron Hospital Employee Reviews

Loved the workplace environment and culture, everyone was incredibly supportive of one another and between each department. The work was interesting and challenging in a good way.

High turnover

staff lay off or resign: 1 deputy CFO, 2 directors, 6 managers, and 4 analysts. If you have experience with big 5 CA firm, then you will have chance to be hired regardless your experience and you can pick and choose tasks.

Pros

CA firm experience staff

Cons

staff are disposible, no respect, no appreciation for hard working, no work life balance

Great coworkers

Great coworkers but the organization is very disorganized. They hire lots of temp employees, make you feel that there is a good chance to get rehired (through internally applying) and then you are not.

Pros

Good benefits, good staff to work with

Cons

disorganized, judgmental, empty promises

Very good workplace overall

I have learned a lot and I am continuing to learn new things each day. Most of the staff are very nice. Work life balance as a nurse is always hard . Good benefits when full-time. Referral program and tuition reimbursement available. Lots of hours available.

Great hospital

Great programs. Nice community hospital with warm and inviting community feel to the hospital. Would recommend this hospital as a place of employment as well as for patient care.

Productive, working in team, and felt motivated

My workplace culture is multicultural. Team mates are always helping each other. I learn to be compassionated, patience, time management skill, caring, and empathetic. Management is always helpful to resolve problems. I am always looking forward to go to work.

It's a great place to work. It allows opportunity to learn and grow. I would recommend Micheal Garron Hospital for anyone looking for a rewarding start to their careers.

My manager was not friendly

Experience was okay. Anesthesia billing Manager needs to be more kind and talk to a person like an adult, and not talk down on a person. If there is an error , she needs to stop yelling instead, educate.

Amazing experience

So happy that I had a chance to do my internship at Michel Garron Hospital. I got a lot of experience and meet a lot of nice people who willing to help.

Pros

Best IT team ever

Cons

no concerns at all

Student Nurse Position

Some Nurses very welcoming. A lot of staff have been there for a long time. They have their routine with their patients and do not like to have a lot of students in their way.

Jobs at Michael Garron Hospital

See more jobs

it was a pleasure working there as a PSW student.

every morning it is the same routine but that's okay. I learned how to work better with my co-workers. The management is very understanding.It is very fun place to work at.

Overall a great place to work. Good working environment with upcoming renovations. Great coworkers and employee benefits. I would recommend people to work here.

Pros

Great schedule, amazing coworkers, safety first environment

Cons

Parking costs

Excellent workplace

It is a busy environment, but the major of the staff are friendly and polite. I learned a lot from my team and I can not complain. Great place to star a career.

Culture of nepotism

You have almost zero chance of promotion if you are not the friend of a manager, or family etc. A recent example is the difference with 2 supervisor posting. One require a degree and the other none, despite having the same job requirement. The one without the degree was given to a manager's friend and no one else had a chance.

Busy place to work at

I did two months of clinical practice there. Staff is great and the patients as well. The work environment is very busy, so you have to be well organized to successfully go throughout each day.

Good environment and good staff

The staff, doctors, and nurses are excellent. I can't name you all. There are so many, but you know who you are. I am so truly grateful to each and every one of you. You are the Best!

Was a great place to work, really gone down hilll

Hospital is extremely management heavy and HR is always on your back for every little thing. One department for example has four managers and one supervisor.

Pros

Co-Workers are fantastic

Cons

Management is terrible, too many of them. You have managers managing the managers

great team environment, colleagues really care about each other

fast paced critical care area where skills are utilized to their maximum potential for both RN and RPN's . RPNs get to work to their full scope in a new unit called perianesthesia.

Good work environment

Very good work environment. Staff is very friendly and management is very understanding. I love working here as there is a lot of room for growth.....

internship

I did my internship at the Michael Garron Hospital for two months, it was a good experience for me as I learn and experienced first hand on how to deal with different situations, the management we great and understanding, and very helpful when you needed.

Pros

every thing

Michael Garron Hospital

This is a good place of employment for those looking to secure long term benefits. It has room for advancement for those committed to long term growth.

Pros

Job security, pay, and benefits.

Cons

Inconsistent hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Garron Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement