MHI Canada Aerospace Employee Reviews

Amazing Company to work for!
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 April 2019
I have been working with MHI Canada for the past few months and my experience has been better than any other job I have done in the past. The employer values your thoughts and creativity. There are a lot of career advancement opportunities at MHICA. I would recommend the company to all those people who are interested to grow their careers further in Aerospace.
Pros
Good People, Great Managers
Yes MHI in my estimation is a grate place to work
Aircraft Structural Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 February 2019
Very Productive and fun place to work .
I just think more feed back from Assemblers on the floor would
enhance some areas of production, However there are areas particularly HR Procedures such as (Due Process ) in Dismissals that need to be are to all. This is my opinion .
very good place to work
Senior IT / ERP Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2019
An excellent place to work, good management, grate possibilities for a good and interesting personal growth. The work culture helps you grow within the company.lots of fun and interesting projects to work on, very friendly environment.
Pros
access to learn interesting technologies
Cons
demanding deadlines
Terrible for your career in aviation, slightly good experience, but won't learn much after a few months.
structural assembler (Current Employee) –  6390 Northwest Drive Mississauga, ON, L4V 1S16 December 2018
Bad place to work, most of the people on the floor look like they can't take much more. They laugh about it, but deep down change is needed minimum wage jobs.There is no union, but make you believe they are somewhat unionized, if you don't do overtime, they will fire you and say you don't fit in here. If you already worked for them and got fired, they don't give second chances. And will give you a bad reputation, to others. Worst mistake of my life to work in this facility, but i have a tendency to try everything even if i heard about rumors that this place was a slave factory, the rumors were indeed true. Terrible company, not family related low wage income for people on the floor the actual people doing the hard work, not sitting in some comfy chair browsing the internet, while the managers and director make all the big money, they miss treat employee with unsafe conduct and terrible safety regulations they don't even follow.
Be careful to work here your doing your career harm. Before it used to be run by a good hearted person, but they fired him. They will not give any good reason to fire you even if your work was flawless and fast and you never made a mistake. They will mess with your hours and treat you like dirt, if you need safety equipment they will not supply you, but tell you that you must get the job done, or else "what is the point of you being here". Management people are rude and think of themselves to be better, while your doing all the hard labor, they don't care for their employees health and even when injured with a fracture. They make employees work on ladders
  more... with no safety, run hydraulic pressure test without warning others in the area about the extreme high pressure test. They don't use drawings unless they forget about the actual setup because they want it done fast and using drawings slows the process. They are careless and dangerous, and punish new hires with no respect no matter how much experience. Very low wages and rotational shifts messes with family life but the director is at home having a great time with their family. This is a review of the company and anyone who works here will see the same thing.
They will reply something in the lines of we are mhica a great family oriented owned company.
Pros
air conditioning
Cons
bad parking space, bad safety, working from memory and not drawings, terrible management, punish new employees, disrespectful, careless about your health and safety.
Great Company to Grow Your Career in Aerospace!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2018
Aerospace is viewed as an industry with long-term sustained growth.
MHICA forecasts continued growth over the next 5 years and the demand for skilled workers to join the company for the long-term is huge.
If you are a skilled Structural Assembler, Sealer, Systems Mechanic, or Quality Inspector there are great opportunities to grow your career at MHICA.
The pace is very fast, so may not be suitable for the faint of heart.
If you are organized and able to meet a demanding schedule, and if you take pride in a job well done, this is the place for you!
Pros
Opportunities for Advancement
Cons
Work Life Balance
over all decent. Lower management is good uper is not.
Aircraft Structural Assembler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 September 2018
Work my a** off for this place and still get pooped on here and there. Also new hires have a hard time actually getting your promised raises. Anything they can get on you to not get it they will use against you. Most workers are very nice. On the good note managers and team leads treat you with respect almost all of the time and there is always overtime work needed. Not a bad place to start a career. It is very family based. Salary is unfair in terms of distribution, depending on the area you get put jimbob could be sitting chillin in a chair all day drilling holes while bobbyjim is running around trying to keep up with work yet both are being payed the same wage.
Pros
overtime and enviroment
Cons
salary and upper management
Great people to work with
Lead Head (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 August 2018
MHICA has a great group of operators working on the floor level, however some of their management team for the most part are micro managing hot heads.
Avoid this disorganized mess
Tool and Die Maker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2018
At first glance MHICA looks like a great place to work, but the truth is quit the opposite. The toolroom equipment is barely adequate for the work you're asked to do. When I started there, I was told that it would be neccessary to work extended hours and weekends when it was needed. What they didn't tell me, is that it was needed every week! I worked 21 and 28 days in a row at times and Sundays are paid at straight time! That's right!!! Not even time and a half for a Sunday. The tooling manager even said to me one time that if I didn't come in on the weekend, his job would be on the line. This is the type of culture that exists at MHICA. When I voiced my concerns about the work environment, I was "restructured" out the door after working excessive hours whenever I was asked.

MHICA claims to be a "family" oriented culture, but this couldn't be further from the truth.

I've worked in large companies, much larger than MHICA.....AVOID THIS PLACE!!!!
Pros
Air conditioned facility, steady days
Cons
Poor management, long hours, terrible culture
11 September 2018

Thank you for the feedback. As a company, we grew from a small band of contractors working inside Bombardier in the late 1990’s to an incorporated company of over 750 employees today. In light of this significant growth, we face shortages of resources, including people, tools and infrastructure that any company which has grown so quickly faces. Under these constraints, and in order to meet our customer schedule we ask our workers to volunteer to work overtime to help us meet schedule, and the vast majority do so with pride and are compensated accordingly.

Fast paced and lots of opportunity to grow
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2018
Great place to work if you are looking for challenges or having great passion to setup procedures from scratch. There are also many opportunities to train and mentor employees if you are willing to become a great leader.
Pros
Lots of growing opportunities
Cons
Lack of procedures, Disorganized
Horrible environment. All the management does is criticize and talk down to their team members
Aircraft Assembler/ sealer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 July 2018
This is a great starting point in your aviation career, I learned a lot of new things and tricks that only come with experience. Management wasn't very approachable with issues in your immediate team. They didn't consider the new persons opinion. If your young you're basically supposed to be a mute.
They ask you to do odd task without any real compensation. Very low wages and rotational shifts which leave no work life balance.
They also had rats. Very dusty and unsanitary.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Everything else
11 September 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We value our younger workers who show great ambition and enthusiasm to learn and grown their careers at MHICA. We offer a 1 year apprentice structural assembler program which is a great chance for these new grads to learn new skills in a new industry. We have skilled coaches and mentors to help train our apprentices on-the-job, and those youngsters who are willing to listen and learn to walk before they run, excel and move into more senior and responsible roles within the company over time. We run a FOD (Foreign Object Debris) free plant, where everyone has a role in maintaining a clean and organized plant. We have an outstanding Manager – Environmental, Health and Safety who is doing an amazing job of improving the overall Health and Safety of all our employees. I personally have never seen a rodent on the premises, but I have seen the efforts being taken to control them.

Best internship yet
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 July 2018
I am nearing the end of my summer internship at MHICA's engineering department. So far this is the best job I've worked. The culture in my team is very relaxed, helpful, near family like. I come into work with a smile and use it a lot. My supervisor gives me opportunities to grow and learn new skills. This company really does invest in its students. The only problem is that the pay is lower than average so not a lot of people stay for that long. Other than that I've enjoyed just about every day there and overall the people at MHICA treat you like family and friends.
Pros
Warm, Moral-boosting work culture
Cons
Below Average Pay
excellent
Office Administrator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2018
I worked as a office administrator in HR. it is a new experience for me as I have to pre-screen candidates, schedule an interviews and shortlist them. work culture and staff is very helpful and the environment is very friendly
fair pay and fair workload
Full-time Structural Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 June 2018
working at MHI was a good experience, I learned from the best guys and if you find the right people they are willing to help you succeed. The workload is reasonable as long as you're not teaching new people at the same time. In short MHI is a good workplace.
Former Employee
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2018
MHICA is a great company to work for. Each portion of the company brings a fresh concept that I believe most individuals have not experienced. MHICA believes in their people and do their best to foster growth and development
Pros
People, Company Culture, Diversity, Benefits
Cons
Fast Pace
New Management
Planner/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2018
Things are constantly improving. Such great potential! Working towards getting more work packages. The pay is competitive to non-contractor wages. Loyal employees and great atmosphere.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Employee Engagement
Cons
Still Young
If you wish to be treated like a rag doll this is your company. Management people are uneducated and DUMB.
Structural Fitter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2018
My experience with MHICA is a nightmare, I have to deal with uneducated people all the time especially the Supervisors and Crew Lead these people are clueless on how to run the shop floor.
11 September 2018

Thank you for the feedback. As a company, we are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees, so we are very disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. Instead of lashing out, we would encourage you to step up and apply for a Production Lead Hand position, so you could become an instrument of positive change.

Very bad management.
Level 4 structures. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2018
They don't know how to keep good talent. I was doing the job of two people and worked my butt off everyday. It wasn't appreciated by management. Only my fellow employees appreciated it. Then one day they told me to leave because I questioned authority. The management doesn't like it when you have more knowledge than they have. They've called a few times asking if I want to come back. I don't think I will ever work for this company again.
If you like to be verbally abused, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Laughing at management making dumb decisions.
Cons
The ignoance being displayed by management.
11 September 2018

Thank you for the feedback. As a company, we are facing very high turnover rates due to the robust job market for experience Structural Assemblers. We appreciate that you continued to work extra hours and Go the Extra Mile to help us meet customer deadlines. But we are disappointed that you chose to lash out, instead of sticking it out and choosing instead to become an instrument of positive change.

Excellent upcoming company
President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2018
Great company with exceptional dedicate workforce. Company has grown fast yet has maintained its great culture The future is very bright and I am sure MHICA will be very successful!
they act like your family then drop you like your a nobody do to what they like to say resructuring purposses
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2018
I worked my butt off for over 4years with MHICA was a team lead and loved my crew
Managment had no idea as to How good I did my job clearly for people who never spoke to me through all the years took it apon themselves to let me go.
they use the term restructuring propussess that way they do not have to tell you why they let you go. what a joke
just like the managment. up stairs is its own family one person may not like you and your gone.
Be AwArE If YoU pLaN To WoRk ThErE!!!!
Pros
my team and production GREAT people.
Cons
Managment.
Perfect example of 'How to ruin a company'
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2017
Uneducated, unprofessional management ruined a great company. 90% of the good workers left the company. Quality and standards are sinking. Workers get peanuts and management get all the perks. Most of the managers have no experience in the industry.
Extra long hours and weekends. Spy cameras to monitor workers. Not allowed to talk during work.
Qualifications and experience not recognized. Most of the production workers have experience and education than managers. Force people to hide damages. Avoid this place.
11 September 2018

Thank you for the feedback. As a company, we have a culture of promoting from within, and recognizing high potentials. Most of our Managers do in fact hail from the Aerospace Industry. For example, our CEO has over 25 years in Aerospace, and the same can be said for all of our Directors, and Managers. We respect our workers, and the vast majority love working here. They are thankful for this wonderful career opportunity in a prestigious industry, and for providing them the means to support their families. Our workers take pride in a job well done, strive for perfection and aim to never cause damage to the aircraft. A conscientious and ethical worker would never hide damages, as the risk to life is too high and superior quality of the finished product is number one for the company and its workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MHI Canada Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.

MHI Canada Aerospace Reviews by Location