MHI Canada Aerospace Employee Reviews

Former Employee
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2018
MHICA is a great company to work for. Each portion of the company brings a fresh concept that I believe most individuals have not experienced. MHICA believes in their people and do their best to foster growth and development
Pros
People, Company Culture, Diversity, Benefits
Cons
Fast Pace
New Management
Planner/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2018
Things are constantly improving. Such great potential! Working towards getting more work packages. The pay is competitive to non-contractor wages. Loyal employees and great atmosphere.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Employee Engagement
Cons
Still Young
If you wish to be treated like a rag doll this is your company. Management people are uneducated and DUMB.
Structural Fitter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2018
My experience with MHICA is a nightmare, I have to deal with uneducated people all the time especially the Supervisors and Crew Lead these people are clueless on how to run the shop floor.
Very bad management.
Level 4 structures. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2018
They don't know how to keep good talent. I was doing the job of two people and worked my butt off everyday. It wasn't appreciated by management. Only my fellow employees appreciated it. Then one day they told me to leave because I questioned authority. The management doesn't like it when you have more knowledge than they have. They've called a few times asking if I want to come back. I don't think I will ever work for this company again.
If you like to be verbally abused, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Laughing at management making dumb decisions.
Cons
The ignoance being displayed by management.
Excellent upcoming company
President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2018
Great company with exceptional dedicate workforce. Company has grown fast yet has maintained its great culture The future is very bright and I am sure MHICA will be very successful!
they act like your family then drop you like your a nobody do to what they like to say resructuring purposses
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2018
I worked my butt off for over 4years with MHICA was a team lead and loved my crew
Managment had no idea as to How good I did my job clearly for people who never spoke to me through all the years took it apon themselves to let me go.
they use the term restructuring propussess that way they do not have to tell you why they let you go. what a joke
just like the managment. up stairs is its own family one person may not like you and your gone.
Be AwArE If YoU pLaN To WoRk ThErE!!!!
Pros
my team and production GREAT people.
Cons
Managment.
Perfect example of 'How to ruin a company'
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2017
Uneducated, unprofessional management ruined a great company. 90% of the good workers left the company. Quality and standards are sinking. Workers get peanuts and management get all the perks. Most of the managers have no experience in the industry.
Extra long hours and weekends. Spy cameras to monitor workers. Not allowed to talk during work.
Qualifications and experience not recognized. Most of the production workers have experience and education than managers. Force people to hide damages. Avoid this place.
Challenging work within an intense, culture-focused environment
Program Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  6390 Northwest Dr24 July 2017
MHICA provides a stimulating work environment, with compelling job tasks. Young, technically sound job-seekers have the ability to build a skill set to help bolster their careers, whether within MHICA, or for future opportunities.
Management regularly finds ways to 'give back' to the work force, whether offering gift cards for ALL employees during the Xmas season, offering adjusted work schedules in the summer months, and through employee recognition in their weekly magazine, SOAR. For example, in each of the years I worked for MHICA, each employee (over 700) was awarded a gift card, with a substantial amount, to use over the holidays. It was a kind gesture, and resonated with the work force.
The job was difficult, at times, but that is the nature of manufacturing; ebbs and flows, that being said, the work was very rewarding. Good work was always recognized, and strong performers were nurtured and developed.
The hardest part of the job was the decision to move on. I was able to spend my working hours with friends, everyone knew each other, and handshakes, and sometimes hugs, were the way we greeted one another, even in the most difficult times.
I offer the highest recommendation to MHICA as a place to learn and grow.
Pros
Employee appreciation, family oriented, career development
Cons
Long hours, dynamic industry, imbalanced salary/wage dispersal
Not a good workplace for talented staff
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 May 2017
The company is new to North America and hence the work systems are under regular modifications. The facility is well -organised and the Top management is doing awesome job. The pay rate is higher than industry average. There is good work-life balancing initiative.

There is fluctuation in sales and hence your hours may not be steady.The company has not yet adopted Japanese culture of professionalism and quality concepts and Error proofing methods are missing to prevent recurrence. HR department has minimal role except for forwarding emails and conducting meaningless events. Supervisors have neither technical skill nor human skill. Network systems are obsolete. Working environment has no cooperative attitude. This is not a Learning organisation as people look for others mistakes and there is no Training department. There is low growth prospects to talented people.
Pros
Prompt payments. Excellent location close to airport. Higher pay rate
Cons
Lot of pressure on workload. Supervisors are not competent to manage work. Small cafeteria.
Canada's low wage slave shop of aerospace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 May 2017
This facility treats you like a slave. Working many hard hours and upper management always yelling on how they need more quantity than quality. They will rush aerospace pieces with very little inspection just to meed bombardier deadlines.
Worst environment to work
Structural Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2017
Worst place to work unless you suck up or have the "right" privilege. They care more about quantity than quality. Their type of training was to put you on the production line and say "go". To get a raise most people have to beg for a raise
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Aerospace Industry very Interesting
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2017
Working at MHICA was an exciting and intense experience. The procedures and policies are very different than Automtoive. REASON -- ALL the 'hourly' are what would be known as "Skilled Trades".. These personalities are delicate and have earned and deserve a great respect for their skills.
Excellent Job place
Inventory Management ( Project Lead) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 July 2016
Excellent workplace with a conducive, friendly and learning environment.A very well organised company with procedures in place. Brilliant management with co-operative and helping colleagues.Enjoyed my tenure there.
productive and fun place to work
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 July 2016
productive , good place to start career growth. team leader and engineers helpful, good organized company , with highly motivated team and management
its best company
PST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2016
Mhica is the good company to work, who always think about their employees.and take care about them and also give opportunity to the newcomers.
Amazing Work Experience at MHI Canada Aerospace Inc.
Structural Airframe Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2016
Working at MHI Canada Aerospace was an amazing Experience. I learned a lot about Aircraft Manufacturing and its Components and its Assemblies. I recommend Everyone to have a Work Experience with MHI Canada Aerospace
Pros
Great Management, Work Environment
Cons
Long Hours, Overtime
productive and fun work environment
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2015
I enjoyed my time working there because I worked together with two other people and it was amazing how efficiently and effectively we got the work done. We took the job seriously but also worked in a way where we enjoyed being there. We thought of it as if you don't like what your doing you shouldn't be there and we liked being there so it made the day go by fast.
Pros
overtime
Nice
Manager, Stores & Logistics (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2015
MHICA is a nice place to work. I recommend applying there if you want to work for a good company.
high paid, and good working environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2014
i do financial analysis for require cost center, such as trend analysis of various products profitability, fixed asset continuity schedules, and balance sheet account reconciliation for required account. the management style is well known as amenity, co-workers professional and kind. the hardest part of the job is sometimes the upcoming deadline make you have to work extra hours. the rest of part of work is quite enjoyable.
A busy and fast paced environment which is rapidly growing in the Canadian Industry
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2013
A typical day at work was starting at 6:00 am in the morning and working a 10 hour day. There are so many highly talented and motivated personnel in this company and it is a pleasure to work with them on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job but also the most enjoyable part of this job is the multi-tasking and the continuous interaction with all personnel (production, Management, BA personnel and MHI Japan Management).
Pros
A few company incentives (car pool gas cards and recognition of good time keeping)
Cons
Long hours and no back up personnel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MHI Canada Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.

MHI Canada Aerospace Reviews by Location