MGR Workforce logo
MGR Workforce

MGR Workforce Employee Reviews

Great Company

This is a great company to work for, management was well excellent and offered a lot of support. Good work-life balance. Great staff friendly people.

Pros

flexible schedule, easy to take time off, great job security

Great company

Great pay very loyal been working for almost 2 years in same location very face paced great people working at Activa .easy people to deal with at MGR Accounting and office staff.

Productive Company and Great Management

Been with MGR for about 7 years and I’ve always been given what has been promised to me. Would definitely recommend for anyone looking to start in construction or warehouse work.

Great Company when you need work

MGR is a good company when you need work, after the initial application process they had put me to work within 2 days. I would recommend MGR if you need a job.

Pros

Paid Lunches

General Labor

The job involved a lot of picking up garbage, moving wood and other heavy things by hand. There was a lot of cleaning up at job sites. It sucked to work outdoors in the cold in the winter time and on rainy days. The work was pretty much the same at every job site. You earned more money if you were in a trade

Pros

Lots of steady work if you worked hard

Cons

Working in the cold, using a porto potty

Waste of time

When I first started with MGR I loved it. So many promises. As time went on the jobs I was getting were only for 1-3 days. Which would’ve been fine if they told me. Management will lie to you so they keep their contracts with the clients. Very little communication or feed back. They would blame the builder for the misinformation. They ll make you get a HST number and sign up as your own business (so they don’t have to pay you holiday pay or anything like that). This job is only good if you have outside work. They give the best work to the guys who’s been there for multiple years. Unless you live in their home branch you won’t get steady hour. And this was before Covid.

Pros

Meet different builders

Cons

No job security

Good contracts, great pay

I value the respect management has for my credentials and experience and the priority they place me in for getting the contracts. The pay is more than fair and every 2 weeks which works for me. The pay process is quick and easy through the bank.

Pros

Excellent pay, short travel time to sites

Cons

Covid isn't their fault for lack of contracts. Could use more work.

I applied on a wed essay, and was working on Thursday.... Excellent for long term placement

The company was very hands off. Supervisers would come out to the job site once a month, ask a few questions.Then be on their way.. The company was quick to find another placement once the job was complete. Although there wasn't much over time.... Your pay is always therecome Payday

Jobs at MGR Workforce