Mexx Canada Employee Reviews

Love
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 April 2018
One of my favourite jobs, sad to see it go.
Great clothes, good sales, and lots of laughs.
Got to improve my retail skills and easily was promoted as they helped along the way.
Fun, Fast-paced environment
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2018
I really enjoyed myself as the Store Manager while at Mexx. Management was great and annual Manager Conference in Montreal was absolutely fantastic. The company do know how to reward and pampe its 60 plus Managers. It's unfortunately the company was shut down a few years ago. Quality products and great fashion. Great monthly shopping allowance for Managers.
Pros
I get to dress up and look nice everyday at work
Stepping Up
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 March 2018
It was a stepping up to the next level when I was at Mexx Company. Moving from Vancouver to Edmonton and got the promotion in less than a year as a Store Manager in Winnipeg, Manitoba. They recognized your hard work and dedication in the company.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Long Hours
great place to work / enjoyed every minute
Information System - Supervisor - Wholesale (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 February 2018
love it . the best place to work. but sadly it came to a end. Company closed. Lost many good friends and with some keep in touch with.

Missed you Mexx Canada.
Pros
many pros.
Cons
non
Branded vertical company
Director, Planning (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 February 2018
Unfortunately this company is restructured.
great potential to go forward but company I believe was not given full chance to restructure and go forward
Mexx Canada
Operations Coordinator/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2017
My typical day at work varied drastically.
I was Operation Coordinator of the the clothing store which required me to process and unpack all of stock. Proceed to mark every piece of clothing and put items onto the floor. I also was a sales associate. Depending on staffing I was either on the floor helping customers or in the back taking care of inventory.

I learned many things about the process of a clothing store.

Management was always changing. They were a little unorganized in that department but we made it through the challenges.

Work place culture was fun but professional

The hardest part of the job was demanding hours, deadlines and sales goals.

Thr most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be on your own in the back and do thins independently or be among my fellow peers, helpijng people with their shopping. Being able to connect with strangers na dlearn some incredible stories.
Pros
Customer Satisfaction, Independent, Clerical Duties
Cons
Demanding hours, deadlines, sales goals
Super fun!
Responsable de l'entrepôt (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 August 2017
Super pretty staff! The clients are top notch! The ambiance is easy going and friendly! I will always work at MEXX! Management respect their employees!
great place
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 August 2017
this job was great but the company unfortunately doesn't exist any more. so it would be impossibly for anyone to pursue a career here anymore but it was a fantastic work environment.
I loves working here and the people were friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
This was a great job with very nice managers and coworkers. I only left this job because the company closed down. We had fun and also got work done in the time it needed to be done
Great company
Coordonnatrice des operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 April 2017
Overall great company!
Teamwork, team trainings are good.

Good communication between management and staff.

Easy access to employees from the Head office
Retail experience
Full time sales associate required (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 February 2017
Customer service experience
Very busy during holidays
Gained experience working with customers/ other employees
Helped to build confidence in myself
The store is no longer in that location
awesome
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 January 2017
Love to work for company. Great benefits and resources available. Company cares about employees even at the retail even.
Health benefits are not the best, they do not cover much at more than 50% of drugs and don't have the best coverage for other needs.
Very good team work , workings at Mexx was good
Services à la clientèle et conseillère en mode (Former Employee) –  Centre Rockland Montréal16 December 2016
Very nice , the salary was with the commission and that was very good.
One negative is sometimes the management was not so good
But the team work was good
Mexx stuggled in the indusrty for years
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
For years Mexx struggled in the industry for years when was Liz Claiborne. Sold off divisions within the company and liquidated assets to stay afloat. Work life balance was in place overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Location changes
Cons
Closing stores
Long Hours
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2016
The days can be very long, and the store is very high traffic at times. The management was good, so long as there was multiple on the floor
Pros
co workers
Cons
great place to work and fun
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 June 2016
This was a very good environment which would of done better if managed properly. Unfortunately they claimed bankruptcy in a month of me joining
Pros
great staff atore level
Cons
was poorly managed from co oprerate
Good company - part time
Sales Representive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2016
Interesting dealing with different customers, always learning something new and incorporating new skills. Developed my confidence and pushed me out of my comfort zone.
Great enviroment, it was like my second home, I always started my work with a positive attitude.
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 October 2015
Great place to work always busy. Our manager was so fun and easy going. He make all of us feel so comfortable. We were a great work team . We had some challenging days that we deal with an optimist manners. I personally like challenges because I grow professionally. I am a positive mind. Make my life much happier and easy.
Pros
commissions
Cons
Our Lunch was not include in our hours.
Best work place ever <3
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 August 2015
This was best work experience ever. Team members were very freindly and the quality of items were very good as compare with so many other brands. I am SO sorry that they shut their business down in Canada.
The Fashionable Approach
Fashion Consultant/Cashier (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2015
What I have learned from working at Mexx, is first and foremost that I have a passion for sales. My experience at Mexx has only furthered my ability to sell, while promoting strong customer service, both of which made my job enjoyable. My favourite part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing that I was able to help customers and make an positive impact in their shopping experience. Furthermore, by initially working as a stock associate, I have further advanced my organization skills, and have realized that I truly enjoy creating efficiency and order. I strongly appreciate my time at Mexx immensely, as my time at the company has helped me strengthen these two skills that I believe have made me a more versatile employee.
Pros
Flexible hours, supportive management team, great co-workers, fashion discount
Cons
Low wages, low chance of advancement