METSO
Here to help
Coronavirus update

METSO Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
I loved to work for Metso, great benefits, many perks, very challenging but I enjoyed. It depends in which department you work and whom is your manager, I was lucky to have the best manager, she saw the potential and she encouraged her team to grow, we were a great team and she always had our back. Unfortunately they decided to move the Finance Dep in Europe. I worked with professionals and I will miss that.
Pros
All good
Cons
Non
Metso is a terrible place to work. The management bullies the staff.

Forced overtime or you are threatened with being the first to be laid off as you are deemed not as commited of a employee

Several individuals are miss part of there hands do to the unfit working conditions, facility is nothing short of a Cancer Barn, the majority of materials are known to cause cancer.

Those Materials are heated up, mixed together, cured and vulcanized. All of the gaseous vapours are readily inhaled and form on the ceilings what best could be described as rubber icicles.

Avoid this workplace if you value yourself as a human being.
Pros
Cons
Disease causing toxic environment.
good money but a horrible work environment. don't miss the work but miss the money that's all anyone says that works there or did. good benefits too .
j aimais beaucoup mon travail il avais de beaux defi .....projais de csst des garde pour les machines ,travaille en auteur ...et plus ..
Pros
de belle avantage saucio....
Cons
mauvaise jestion ...fermeture..
The metso office in Kelowna,BC is operated a group of mafia. The managers are under qualified and they manage the staff by bullying the staff , withholding information and lying about their own capabilities.

It is a joke that the managers don't have degrees in Engineering and that the IT Manager used to be an electrician. It is like a blind leading the blind. No wonder they are running down the company with multiple layoffs and poor management planning!
Pros
Free lunch, good health package and allowances
Cons
Poor management, multiple layoffs, managers without degrees in Engineering, outdated IT
People are easy going but focused on goals, learn lots about policies at a big firm, have high standards for quality and on time deliveries. The hardest part is the on-call travel for emergencies and long work hours during these calls, the most enjoyable part would be visiting many different industries and facilities.
My colleagues were awesome to work with. We all worked hard to get the job done. Excellent team effort and support by everyone.

The company provided many lunch BQs.

The company provided flex time.

Most enjoyable part of the job is designing new applications, site work (installation and commissioning). Working with contractors and clients to be deadlines.
Pros
Flex time, lunch BQs
Cons
standard vaction times
Daily, short meetings with direct reports to establish our current project status,

Medium, long term planning session with management.
-sense of duty and precision, self-sufficiency, heavy work output,
-team spirit and sense of initiative,

-learned duct work, mist and dust systeme,

-inspection in field, finaly installation project
oui , environnement de travaille c'est correcte .
l'ambiance est correcte en général .

bon salaire , assurance et dentaire et lunette .

une paire de lunette de sécurite payer .
Pros
bon salaire et fond de pension
Cons
la nourriture a la caféréria laisse a désiré .