Metrolinx

Metrolinx Employee Reviews

Worked at Metrolinx 17 years secure job Good benefits as well as secure job Hardest part as bus driver shift and work locations based on seniority can be challenging The pay scale is quite good.
Pros
Security
Cons
Government no freebies
Great culture and interesting work. Can be very political working with various agency partners. Wide range of work going on from infrastructure projects to managing GO/UP.
Really loved working at Metrolinx. It's unionized, so if you're one of the new hires, you won't get good shifts, but that'll change once you've been there for a while. Most supervisors and management are really supportive/approachable. Lots of lateral and upward promotions/movement available.
Pros
Good pay, good co-workers, good benefits
This was my favourite job experience to date. My job responsibilities include supporting the business analysts, who were extremely helpful, approachable and collaborative. I genuinely loved the work and ended up volunteering to job shadow for some projects. My team was fun and easy to work with!
MetroLinks was a fast paced environment but had a lot of hurry up then wait. Senior project management were a bit spend crazy. These Program Managers Came from E-Health Often adding aspects to the project not required. Often arguing with more knowledgable people. Requesting servays and training programs be added to the project program that were not required. It was empire building at its best. As for the people on the ground I must say it was a pleasure working with them as they all were very knowledge in there fields and worked together as a well oiled team.
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there - good Provide reasons for why you liked or disliked working at the company - good
Excellent company to work for and some great people in the senior management team. The organization is politically driven which can cause decision making to be protracted in some areas, and lead to alot of frustration. Overall a great experience and one of the best employers I've had in my 30 plus year career.
Interesting colleagues. Enjoyed coming to work every day. The Business analysis role made it interesting since I had to organize training. Work life balance was good
the work environment is conducive. I learned to work with a diverse team of people and under pressure. Learned also the importance of team bonding.
Love my job here at GO transit Good benefits Great colleagues Great supervisors Lakeshore east line is the best!! Great customers Days can be long but it’s good!!
Good management Collaborative environment. Good work/life balance. 35,25 hours per week and good perks for full-time employees. frequent celebrations of achievements and recognition.
Pros
35.25 hour/weekly
Cons
Staff spread over several buildings - uptown, downtown, Westend
very misleading job interviews. HR all contractors reading a script and have no idea what your job really in tales. All expansion contracted out although they will not tell you that. Massive nepotism everywhere. Absolutely no communication form senior management about anything ever. Union a management puppet that does nothing for you unless you are a bus driver.
Some days were fast past and some were slow. But that is to be expected in this field of work. Over all the people were nice and their is room for growth.
Very good and challenging company. Ontario need transportation to grow as well as the population. The challenge is huge and I really feel as I can change the customers ' life in GTHA
Given the opportunity I would work at Metrolinx again due to all of the advantages of being there. The systems were easy to understand and utilize, the people were welcoming and knowledgeable, and the job itself was an excellent experience
The work comes in waves, it gets busy fast. People are generally nice although a selected few people are difficult to deal with. It's a government job, which means job security is good.
If metrolinx serviced all of Canada, I would still be with the company :) fair wages and some incredible people to work with. Lots of room for advancement
It is definitely a great place to work, the work load is distributed in a fair and reasonable way, most of your coworkers will go out of their way to train you if you ask. The CEO is a very nice guy as well and personally meets with the back office employees.
Good workplace culture and friendly stuff. Have good experience by working there and accumulated professional experience in project managing and contract administrating.
Lots of politics and I was so uncomfortable I ended up leaving...The customer service call centre was a small environment so everyone is already in cliques and management (some not all) were no exception. Very "high school" and taxpayers should see all of the free unnecessary food they lavish you with
  1. Employee reviews