METROLINX Employee Reviews

Metrolinx and Presto are same
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2018
Great atmosphere in the office, very good office space, nice location at the waterfront, supportive management, amazing work life balance situation, understanding managers
Needs major improvements
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2018
Needs major improvements. Not a friendly place to work for. Micromanagement to the utmost. Would not recommend and would not stay here for too long.
Project Manager / Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2018
This is an excellent place for work life balance. Typical day at work is meetings with stakeholders and building out processes. Workplace is very flexible and people are very nice.
Senior Database Analyst / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2018
I was on contract, for me it was fine. I was in a good team.
For people who like downtown Toronto it is a good location, even close to the train station.
Friendly environment
Team Lead - Data Analyst/Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2018
Friendly environment, too much experience, everybody trying to help me to understand how the public transportation working, making the work less stress and fun
Very Nice
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
Work life here is amazing , very nice co workers and family settings. Only thing that I would change is allowing , people to take a day off without feeling guilty
Cons
difficult to book personal time
Contractor -
Data Architect/ Report Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2017
Work environment was professional.

Management varies depend on the project type and work.

Hardest part was to understand my manager.

most enjoyable part was to learn new skills
Great people, horrendous workload
Network Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
Many people burn out here. When I was here there was a staff of 7 phone support people servicing a user base of ~5000. Days were packed. Some of our team went months without a day off.

Contractors could not be renewed at the end of their term, unless they were through a third party agency, at which point they got paid 30% less than everyone else in the room.

That said, it was a great gig, the team were dedicated, and we had a ton of fun helping people out.
Great place to work at
Co-op Student, Accounting (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
Pros:
-Lunch time is free
-You may choose to "work from home" if you are a regular employee with a laptop supported by the company
Cons:
-I haven't seen any cons
nice working environment
Testing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
Nice working environment and culture. Co-workers are very nice, earn good experience to learn hardware and device. But if looking for better challenges and promotion, you want to move to another company.
I loved it!
Summer Intern (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
It's a great company to work for with a great job culture! I love it here. You are taught a lot, your growth and development is a priority. You are sure to have a good time and exceed even your own expectations.
Pros
Great people, meaningful work, growth and development
Claims Officer
Claims Officer - Contract (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2017
Great workplace! Wonderful staff who really care about their employees. Excellent salary & work hours. Office culture is very friendly. The only reason why I left was to go back to school full time.
The people are great to work with
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2017
Nice place to work if you are an employee. If you are on contract, its a little difficult to view any job postings. Only employees can view them. Contract workers are not allowed. So my question is, if we are not allowed to apply for the internal job postings, then how are we ever going to have a chance at getting hired?
Pros
nice people to work with.
Cons
No free coffee.
Great place to build networks and start career
DATA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2017
Big projects that have ministry funding that will impact the city in years to come. Getting to work with teams of people from different academic backgrounds has been a great pleasure. Currently working with data has allowed me to gain knowledge with different software and programs I never would have used otherwise, making my resume all the more attractive for potential future employers.
Fun, Professional and managed excellently
Compliance Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
Excellent workplace, truly professional, strong support network with people committed to get the job done right. Would recommend Metrolinx to everyone.
Fun and creative
VIDEOGRAPHER/PHOTOGRAPHER/EDITOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
Had the pleasure of working an a positive and creative group. The project created a safe place for the community and lift the stereotype of the area. The community leader was punctual, well organized and paid fairly for my work.
Fun
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2017
- Very organized
- felt special and wanted
- Very fun environment
- very Professional
- very considerate
- very understanding
Enjoying riding the train for free
Pros
Birthday celebrations, sometimes free lunches
Cons
not much to do that was engaging
Management is not supportive
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
Management is not supportive, very monotonous work, not creative and innovative, staff is ok, work load is manageable, Free go train pass for employees
I&IT - avoid if you can.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  277 Front Street6 February 2017
Some managers are way too overly obsessed with themselves. One even said in a Town Hall meeting that "their knowledge of the human body made them a natural fit for planning and architecture" in front of the CIO, basically declaring he wanted this Director job. Of course he didn't get it.

Also, some solution managers continually skip meetings (even management ones), and skip town hall meetings when the staff are told they have to attend. And when they work from home they are impossible to reach.

Lots of business discussions done in Hindi and Urdu. And when you ask them to repeat/explain in English they don't. And a lot of talk about Gandhi.

And if you are of Chinese descent, be very careful. At least in my section of I&IT almost every little mistake someone would pay a penalty.
Pros
Work life balance, good pay, good benefits, some nice people there.
Cons
Double standard for staff and management.
great place to work
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON3 February 2017
- Utilizing experience in customer service to provide timely and accurate service
- While providing updated train and bus information and interpreting timetables and schedule change information for customer.
- Cash and credit handling transferring information between SPOS and menaris.
- Perform other related duties as required such as opening and closing stations, assisting special need customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at METROLINX. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2