METROLINX Employee Reviews

Political and Micro managed
Project Manager, Project Delivery (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2018
the free Go train is the best part of working with Metrolinx. Too many cliques and back stabbing in the organization. Not enough clear process and sucking up to the bosses are expected.
Pros
Free Go Train
Cons
Micro managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2018
Great opportunities
Respect in the workplace
Opportunity to move up
Great benefits
Comfortable settings
Pay is above average which is a bonus
Typical Contact Centre Job
CUSTOMER CONTACT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2018
Frequent shift bids. Part-time only. Pay for your own benefits package. Great training completed in 4 weeks. Would recommend as a entry-level position.
Review may not be relevant today
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2018
Things change quickly at Metrolinx, so my experience may not reflect the workplace today. I worked with some really amazing people. The workload was heavy with numerous projects on the go at any given time, but there were tons of opportunities. I'm sorry I couldn't continue with the organization.
not bad
Business Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2018
not the best culture depending on which unity you work in. some divides in the departments that cause shifts and rifts between staff and management. lots of growth.
Forward thinking organizational culture
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2018
I enjoy working for Metrolinx and think the organization is working effectively to better connect transit across the GTHA. I would certainly recommend working for this agency.
Metrolinx and Presto are same
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2018
Great atmosphere in the office, very good office space, nice location at the waterfront, supportive management, amazing work life balance situation, understanding managers
awesome place to work in
Data/Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2018
awesome place to work in. Very professional environment. Veru cooperative management. Excellent team work and collaboration. MAnagers very oraganised.

Projects always finished on time. No delays or excuses. perks and benefits are also good. Overall i loved working for metrolinx, though ot was a contract and had to leave after contract ended.
Needs major improvements
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2018
Needs major improvements. Not a friendly place to work for. Micromanagement to the utmost. Would not recommend and would not stay here for too long.
Project Manager / Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2018
This is an excellent place for work life balance. Typical day at work is meetings with stakeholders and building out processes. Workplace is very flexible and people are very nice.
Senior Database Analyst / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2018
I was on contract, for me it was fine. I was in a good team.
For people who like downtown Toronto it is a good location, even close to the train station.
Friendly environment
Team Lead - Data Analyst/Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2018
Friendly environment, too much experience, everybody trying to help me to understand how the public transportation working, making the work less stress and fun
Very Nice
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
Work life here is amazing , very nice co workers and family settings. Only thing that I would change is allowing , people to take a day off without feeling guilty
Cons
difficult to book personal time
Contractor -
Data Architect/ Report Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2017
Work environment was professional.

Management varies depend on the project type and work.

Hardest part was to understand my manager.

most enjoyable part was to learn new skills
Great people, horrendous workload
Network Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
Many people burn out here. When I was here there was a staff of 7 phone support people servicing a user base of ~5000. Days were packed. Some of our team went months without a day off.

Contractors could not be renewed at the end of their term, unless they were through a third party agency, at which point they got paid 30% less than everyone else in the room.

That said, it was a great gig, the team were dedicated, and we had a ton of fun helping people out.
Great place to work at
Co-op Student, Accounting (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
Pros:
-Lunch time is free
-You may choose to "work from home" if you are a regular employee with a laptop supported by the company
Cons:
-I haven't seen any cons
nice working environment
Testing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
Nice working environment and culture. Co-workers are very nice, earn good experience to learn hardware and device. But if looking for better challenges and promotion, you want to move to another company.
I loved it!
Summer Intern (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
It's a great company to work for with a great job culture! I love it here. You are taught a lot, your growth and development is a priority. You are sure to have a good time and exceed even your own expectations.
Pros
Great people, meaningful work, growth and development
Claims Officer
Claims Officer - Contract (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2017
Great workplace! Wonderful staff who really care about their employees. Excellent salary & work hours. Office culture is very friendly. The only reason why I left was to go back to school full time.
The people are great to work with
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2017
Nice place to work if you are an employee. If you are on contract, its a little difficult to view any job postings. Only employees can view them. Contract workers are not allowed. So my question is, if we are not allowed to apply for the internal job postings, then how are we ever going to have a chance at getting hired?
Pros
nice people to work with.
Cons
No free coffee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at METROLINX. Our community is ready to answer.