Metroland Media Employee Review

View all Metroland Media reviews

low base, no growth unless you kiss a $$
sales (Former Employee) –  none27 April 2014
Worst media company to work for. Very low salary, management is quite clueless about media trends. This company seems to be moving backwards in the media spectrum. Digital and print properties are archaic.
Pros
Cons
very low salary. unorganized.

Other Metroland Media Employee Reviews

Working as a paperboy a perfect first job.
Paperboy (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 May 2018
Workign as a paper boy is a great oportunity to get your first little working experience while giving you a small sum at the end of the day.
Lots of work for low pay
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON6 May 2018
This company is ok. This is the first job I had and the experience was alright. I worked here for about one year as a newspaper carrier. The benefits are you work minimal hours depending on the number of houses you deliver to. The only requirement is papers are delivered on Thursdays before 7 pm. The downsides are the wage is far below minimum wage when you calculate the hours you work compared to the salary. I made something like 7 cents per paper plus commission for each ad in the paper. The amount all depends on the type of ad. I delivered to about 100 houses, give or take. To fold and deliver all those papers, it took around four to five hours and I usually made around $30 bi-weekly. In my opinion the wage is way too low, but not bad for a first job.
Pros
Somewhat flexible hours, Easy job, minimal hours
Cons
Extremely low pay, You must deal with rude people and you must deliver in all weather coniditons.