Metroland Media Employee Reviews

Delivered newspaper
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 July 2018
Had to put newspapers together and deliver them to designated houses. Paper would be dropped at my house from Tuesday to Friday and my responsibility was to put them together.
okay experience
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2018
it's really a great workplace overall but only problem I had with it is I was there as a Graphic Designer but barely did design work which was really frustrating. If the pay was better then I could bare it a bit but if I'm rarely doing the work i enjoy and little room for growth plus pay was only good for a bachelor.
This job was done at home.
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON26 June 2018
I would come home from school every Wednesday and Thursday and put the news papers together and make sure they were delivered by 6:00pm and would get paid every three weeks by the customers that actually did pay.
Good starter
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 June 2018
The newspaper route is a good job for kids in elementary school that want some extra money in the their. It’s a good and easy job to get some money & gain work experience.
Pros
same task every week
Cons
a lot of newspaper to organize
Adequate organisation and correspondence
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2018
Very relaxed and casual correspondence with supervisor over email.
Resource deliveries were always on time.
Long route, hard work, and low pay. Good learning experience.
Fun
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2018
its just a typical day just giving out newspaper nothing special. I just enjoyed getting a walk out and delivering newspaper. It was fun getting payed 150 dollars a month but I kinda enjoyed it.
Pros
Easy to do
Cons
Takes long to roll up all the newspaper
Flexible hours, working outside, very nice boss
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON31 May 2018
I really enjoyed working in the outside, especially in the summer. I got to meet a lot of new neighbors and even friends. I used my physical power to deliver the newspapers.
Good if you need more cash
Flyer Delivery (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 May 2018
Good as a small side job

x
Pros
Good times
Cons
N/a
Normal job delivering newspapers
NEWSPAPER COURIER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2018
Consisted of opening and packaging a variety of paper newspapers and advertisements, and then delivering them to a number of houses on a weekly basis.
Working as a paperboy a perfect first job.
Paperboy (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 May 2018
Workign as a paper boy is a great oportunity to get your first little working experience while giving you a small sum at the end of the day.
Lots of work for low pay
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON6 May 2018
This company is ok. This is the first job I had and the experience was alright. I worked here for about one year as a newspaper carrier. The benefits are you work minimal hours depending on the number of houses you deliver to. The only requirement is papers are delivered on Thursdays before 7 pm. The downsides are the wage is far below minimum wage when you calculate the hours you work compared to the salary. I made something like 7 cents per paper plus commission for each ad in the paper. The amount all depends on the type of ad. I delivered to about 100 houses, give or take. To fold and deliver all those papers, it took around four to five hours and I usually made around $30 bi-weekly. In my opinion the wage is way too low, but not bad for a first job.
Pros
Somewhat flexible hours, Easy job, minimal hours
Cons
Extremely low pay, You must deal with rude people and you must deliver in all weather coniditons.
work in your neighbourhood
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2018
this job only required two days of your week so you can definatly balance work with school. the pay is a bit unfair but besides that it is a great starting job for younger people.
Pros
work at home only two days of the week
Cons
low pay
part time - good for students
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2018
Good experience, good cooperative staff, good salary for pt students.
busy place with lots of work. Management cooperative. overtime paid if need extra hours to work.
Work from home with great hours
Timely newspaper delivery (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 April 2018
Great work schedule with great feedback. Excellent hours. Work from home is a great bonus. Very casual light work. Room for extra pay. Managers are there to help.
Very calm and productive
Carrier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2018
The management of this company was very kind and welcoming as they interacted well with other carriers. Being my first job, it allowed me to gain responsibility at a very young age. Delivering flyers in my building allowed me to be efficient in my work and allowed me to communicate well with others in my building. Although this job was tiring at times as I had to go floor to floor with heavy stacks of flyers, it provided me with a very strong work ethic and determination.

Although the pay wasn't very great, I still believe it is a great opportunity for young individuals to gain experience, exercise and responsibility.

It was a good job to gain a little pocket money!
Pros
Simple and efficient. It allowed me to gain experience and responsibility
Cons
Little pay for the amount of work that is put it. Although, I believe it is a good little job for pocket money
Low Pay for Newspaper Carriers
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON20 April 2018
I usually get my papers and go out in the winter times to deliver to 30 houses while getting paid at most 30 dollars a month which was harsh.I gained a lot of experience, but it wasn't worth it for the low pay.
Productive workplace.
Stacker/Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 April 2018
This workplace has a lot to offer. From great timing, to exciting days, my day never goes without something making me want to realize that i enjoy my work environment.
Enjoyable company to work for
Stacker Operator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 April 2018
Enjoyed working at the paper. People were great to work with including management.
Management had no problem with me learning new things about the job. They also sent me for my first aid and I was also able to be on health and safety committee. Never had a problem with management. They were always available to help me with any questions I had.
Fun job for those with extra time
Newspaper delivery (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 March 2018
While the pay is fair the hours are your own and work can be done at any time after noon.It was a very reasonable job for me when I was a child because I could work after school
Working at Metroland Media is fun, but now there isn't enough working hours.
Order picker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2018
I wake up at 5:00 a.m. to get to work that starts at 7:00 a.m. Work ends at 3:00 p.m. We work as a team and co-operate while working. The hardest part of working at Metroland Media is working with all the loud machine noises. The best thing is that all the co-workers are diverse and they are very nice.