Metroland Media

Metroland Media Employee Reviews

Canada328 reviews
cool place kind of weird how they take 30$ from you every month and give you 40, and how the people receiving a newspaper don’t have to pay you if they don’t want to but eh.
For the amount you get paid to the amount of work you get is a rip off. The highest pay I got was 25$ for two weeks. Good for some loose cash but not worth it long term.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Bad pay
A good way to ease into the workforce for someone who's never had a job before, or to make a little bit of spare cash on the side if you have the time. You'll learn routine and how to manage yourself and your time.
Delivered the mountain news once a week. Assembled flyers in papers and delivered my route reliably. A good job for young people looking to make a little spending money.
Company offered nothing but excessive demands and poor wages. Too many politics and children were promoted routinely over established workers.

Company threw us all away like rubbish when they closed location and severance was peanuts.
the job was simple though my only income was through tips from clients. doesn't make you much but its a good way to start. I would recommend to a teenager looking to find some job experience.
put together newspapers and flyers to deliver to local neighbourhoods, learned to balance time throughout the week, difficult to prepare papers due to disorganization (such as not enough papers from a certain company)
Local office closed in October & worked from home with minimal office equipment provided. Management located in another city & not interested in local office. Lack of proper information to perform job. Large probjects too close together.
Not enough proper training on selling digital ads prvided which made it hard to present and sell.

Working indendently, meeting clients & going out on sales calls
Pros
Work independently, meeting customers, & ability to work at home.
Cons
Lack of proper training, commission rsye was cut in half, large projects too close together, bulling from co-workers.
It was fun working with them. It was a great experience working for them as a newspaper carrier which earned me a good amount of money per month. It also made my communication skills better as I had to talk to customers some times.
easy job, great way to make extra money as a kid, 1 day per week, assemble papers, deliver them to customers, collect your money every 3 weeks. overall great first job
Cons
have to pay a fee
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Metroland Media?
The job didn't require a lot of work, but when you have a large route, it is very stressful because you barely get paid a dollar per paper and on delivery day, you have to spend hours setting up papers and delivering them, for a paycheck that doesn't feel equivalent to the amount of effort put in.
The people are fantastic and really care about their jobs and each other. Nice location, easy to get where we need to go as it's centralized. Hoping to retire from here.
assemble papers
deliver papers

being part of a community

deliver in the cold, hot, rain

paid like peace work

learned management and responsibility

meet new people
super hot long hours little break time and if your a skider your going taking Tylenol like crazy your life will be work sleep eat if you don't have a car not worth it unless you live in walking range.
Sharing potlucks was the best. Cafeteria has great food and a great place to get away from your desk/work space. Parking was ok depending on what time you arrive to work.
The job was, to be blunt, awful. They payed below minimum wage and the people who did the job had to rely on tips from customers to make any amount of money.
I will not recommend anybody to work as a carrier, negligible pay, and on top of that harsh weather. I will say it is exploitation of children and youth. It does not even pay a minimum Canadian wage. As it is not a volunteering position therefore individual should be paid reasonable. I would have given this job a negative rating but no writing option!
Delivering papers is not a difficult job, thus it is a decent option for a first job when in school. Putting together the Thursday papers was sometimes pretty time consuming, but that was only around Christmas. Other than that its an easy job one can complete when in high school and under.
Pros
You work on your own time
Cons
Annoying to do with only one person
Feeling proud to be a part o f metroland media
Such a nice place

Beautiful and friendly atmosphere

Not stress at all

Managent is very good

And very friendly

Always ready to help others
overall it was an ok company. They had a fairly good delivery time usually getting the papers on time allowing me to deliver them to the people on time.
the place can be a fast pace or a slow pace depending on the product we are working with. Work was always had safety at mind at all times. it was a repetitive work environment. checking if it was the right products, jogging and feeding the product into the machine, taking empty skids away and replacing it with another. then repeat the job over again with the new job we started. the hardest part sometime was making the product work with the machine or keeping up with multiple products. this place can be great or it can be miserable depending on your teammates and your boss. thankfully i had great people to work with and an awesome boss that was understanding and patience. if there was a problem i had no problem talking to my boss.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metroland Media. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7