Metroland Media Employee Reviews

quick and easy routes near you
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 September 2018
for the short time I spent with this company, most of my experiences were delightful, and I believe that thus is an excellent job to pick up, only if you have time, and a reliable means of transport as papers are heavy.
Pros
able to be done on your own timing for that day
Ok working experience
Metroland Media Packer (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 September 2018
Work place culture was ok at best. The only thing that kept me working there for 5 years was the flexibility of hours, and the people I met there. The workplace was unorganized and was not run very well.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
management and staff was not the best
Alright place to work
Press Helper (Current Employee) –  North York, ON24 August 2018
Typical work day is pretty laid back and relaxed. There are days where it can be go, go, go and be stressful. You start off with three weeks vacation which is a plus. The only downfall is that its newspapers and flyers and the way technology is going soon there will be no need for paper.
good for students and younger people
Paper boy (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 August 2018
it is good for younger people looking for a way to make a quick buck the pay isn't so great but you only work one day a week on Thursdays. Awesome in the summer but the newspapers in a bag can get quite heavy. They give you the actual newspaper and they give you the flyers separately so you have to put them together then roll them up and put rubber bands on it which can get tedious.
Productive and fun place to work.
Factory worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 August 2018
A typical day was pocket feeding flyers into a running machine. Something that i have learnt is how to be organized, working in a fast paced environment and communicational skills. This job was a good job, but it was not my type of job.
Pros
Learnt a lot of skills that will help me with my future job.
Cons
No air conditioning in hot temperatures.
a good starting experience
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2018
Got my first internship here. During the time there was a bit of change in the project manager so it was a bit unorganized at the first. However, the team members are nice and the working environment were chill.
Delivered newspaper
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 July 2018
Had to put newspapers together and deliver them to designated houses. Paper would be dropped at my house from Tuesday to Friday and my responsibility was to put them together.
Productive workplace as you work within the comfort of your home
Newspaper Carrier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON6 July 2018
This job was amazing for children to learn the value of money and the drivers who brought the papers to the homes of the carriers were reliable and efficient. However, this job was very hectic and stressful as only a few days would be provided to sort the papers and get them ready for the paper day for you to hadn them out.
Pros
Simple task
Cons
Alot of work, low pay
okay experience
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2018
it's really a great workplace overall but only problem I had with it is I was there as a Graphic Designer but barely did design work which was really frustrating. If the pay was better then I could bare it a bit but if I'm rarely doing the work i enjoy and little room for growth plus pay was only good for a bachelor.
This job was done at home.
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON26 June 2018
I would come home from school every Wednesday and Thursday and put the news papers together and make sure they were delivered by 6:00pm and would get paid every three weeks by the customers that actually did pay.
Good starter
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 June 2018
The newspaper route is a good job for kids in elementary school that want some extra money in the their. It’s a good and easy job to get some money & gain work experience.
Pros
same task every week
Cons
a lot of newspaper to organize
Adequate organisation and correspondence
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2018
Very relaxed and casual correspondence with supervisor over email.
Resource deliveries were always on time.
Long route, hard work, and low pay. Good learning experience.
Fun
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2018
its just a typical day just giving out newspaper nothing special. I just enjoyed getting a walk out and delivering newspaper. It was fun getting payed 150 dollars a month but I kinda enjoyed it.
Pros
Easy to do
Cons
Takes long to roll up all the newspaper
Flexible hours, working outside, very nice boss
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON31 May 2018
I really enjoyed working in the outside, especially in the summer. I got to meet a lot of new neighbors and even friends. I used my physical power to deliver the newspapers.
Good if you need more cash
Flyer Delivery (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 May 2018
Good as a small side job

x
Pros
Good times
Cons
N/a
Normal job delivering newspapers
NEWSPAPER COURIER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2018
Consisted of opening and packaging a variety of paper newspapers and advertisements, and then delivering them to a number of houses on a weekly basis.
Working as a paperboy a perfect first job.
Paperboy (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 May 2018
Workign as a paper boy is a great oportunity to get your first little working experience while giving you a small sum at the end of the day.
Lots of work for low pay
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON6 May 2018
This company is ok. This is the first job I had and the experience was alright. I worked here for about one year as a newspaper carrier. The benefits are you work minimal hours depending on the number of houses you deliver to. The only requirement is papers are delivered on Thursdays before 7 pm. The downsides are the wage is far below minimum wage when you calculate the hours you work compared to the salary. I made something like 7 cents per paper plus commission for each ad in the paper. The amount all depends on the type of ad. I delivered to about 100 houses, give or take. To fold and deliver all those papers, it took around four to five hours and I usually made around $30 bi-weekly. In my opinion the wage is way too low, but not bad for a first job.
Pros
Somewhat flexible hours, Easy job, minimal hours
Cons
Extremely low pay, You must deal with rude people and you must deliver in all weather coniditons.
work in your neighbourhood
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2018
this job only required two days of your week so you can definatly balance work with school. the pay is a bit unfair but besides that it is a great starting job for younger people.
Pros
work at home only two days of the week
Cons
low pay
part time - good for students
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2018
Good experience, good cooperative staff, good salary for pt students.
busy place with lots of work. Management cooperative. overtime paid if need extra hours to work.