Metroland Media Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Graphic Artist / Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 November 2018
Everyone at Oshawa This Week are amazing people to work with. The pay was great, the hours where amazing, the work was good, and it was a fun place to be every day.
The job is easy the pay is terrible
Newspaper Courier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 November 2018
if you want pocket change go for the job, I was paid $40 a month to package and deliver a mountain of newspaper to my neighborhood, The job is very easy as you only have to do it twice a week but the pay needs to be improved especially for the number of newspapers you have to package and deliver.
Pros
Nothing honestly
Cons
pay was terrible
It is not worth it!!
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON3 November 2018
The amount of work that you have to do, compared to the amount of money you get payed is not worth it. They do not supply you with all of the items you need such as a tote or cart to transport the papers. The hardest part of the job is getting the newspapers ready after school on Thursdays for them to be delivered by 7pm.
Alright workplace, minimal contact unless neccesary.
Newspaper Courier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 October 2018
I found working at metroland very tedious and impeding. Aside from the few minor discrepancies, i found it incredibly inviting and every worker was accepting and friendly.
Fun Working Experience
Youth Carrier, Markham Economist & Sun-A (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON21 October 2018
I have learned time management between work and school study, the responsibility every week to deliver out the newspaper. The hardest part is when there is complain about the newspaper, however I have solve the problem and have discussed with manager. The most enjoyable part of the job is when neighbors revive the newspaper, the smile on their face, and saying "Thank you, have a nice day!".
Best place I've worked at
Web Designer and Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2018
The company went through lots of changes in the past six and a half years. Many experiences. Some good, some bad.
But I've always considered Metroland Media my second home,
Does not pay out all wages when temp work completed!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 October 2018
This company will not pay out commission or unpaid wages after you leave the company. Currently owed over 4000 dollars. Will not communicate, does not pay employees the same hourly rate for the same job, basically once you leave the company they wash their hands of you. Apparently no longer working there means you are not entitled to money earn during hourly work or commission and because it's unionised the labor board will not accept a claim and the union won't speak to you because you no longer work there. The only way to get your EARNED money from this company is a lawsuit. Good luck.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Will not pay you
OK choice for a small side job
Newspaper Carrier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 September 2018
Not very good as a part-time job at all, but is good for younger children. Is convenient for people who are not busy all the times and you can control your income with how many houses you deliver to.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Little pay for work
quick and easy routes near you
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 September 2018
for the short time I spent with this company, most of my experiences were delightful, and I believe that thus is an excellent job to pick up, only if you have time, and a reliable means of transport as papers are heavy.
Pros
able to be done on your own timing for that day
Ok working experience
Metroland Media Packer (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 September 2018
Work place culture was ok at best. The only thing that kept me working there for 5 years was the flexibility of hours, and the people I met there. The workplace was unorganized and was not run very well.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
management and staff was not the best
Alright place to work
Press Helper (Current Employee) –  North York, ON24 August 2018
Typical work day is pretty laid back and relaxed. There are days where it can be go, go, go and be stressful. You start off with three weeks vacation which is a plus. The only downfall is that its newspapers and flyers and the way technology is going soon there will be no need for paper.
good for students and younger people
Paper boy (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 August 2018
it is good for younger people looking for a way to make a quick buck the pay isn't so great but you only work one day a week on Thursdays. Awesome in the summer but the newspapers in a bag can get quite heavy. They give you the actual newspaper and they give you the flyers separately so you have to put them together then roll them up and put rubber bands on it which can get tedious.
Productive and fun place to work.
Factory worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 August 2018
A typical day was pocket feeding flyers into a running machine. Something that i have learnt is how to be organized, working in a fast paced environment and communicational skills. This job was a good job, but it was not my type of job.
Pros
Learnt a lot of skills that will help me with my future job.
Cons
No air conditioning in hot temperatures.
a good starting experience
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2018
Got my first internship here. During the time there was a bit of change in the project manager so it was a bit unorganized at the first. However, the team members are nice and the working environment were chill.
Delivered newspaper
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 July 2018
Had to put newspapers together and deliver them to designated houses. Paper would be dropped at my house from Tuesday to Friday and my responsibility was to put them together.
Productive workplace as you work within the comfort of your home
Newspaper Carrier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON6 July 2018
This job was amazing for children to learn the value of money and the drivers who brought the papers to the homes of the carriers were reliable and efficient. However, this job was very hectic and stressful as only a few days would be provided to sort the papers and get them ready for the paper day for you to hadn them out.
Pros
Simple task
Cons
Alot of work, low pay
okay experience
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2018
it's really a great workplace overall but only problem I had with it is I was there as a Graphic Designer but barely did design work which was really frustrating. If the pay was better then I could bare it a bit but if I'm rarely doing the work i enjoy and little room for growth plus pay was only good for a bachelor.
This job was done at home.
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON26 June 2018
I would come home from school every Wednesday and Thursday and put the news papers together and make sure they were delivered by 6:00pm and would get paid every three weeks by the customers that actually did pay.
Good starter
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 June 2018
The newspaper route is a good job for kids in elementary school that want some extra money in the their. It’s a good and easy job to get some money & gain work experience.
Pros
same task every week
Cons
a lot of newspaper to organize
Adequate organisation and correspondence
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2018
Very relaxed and casual correspondence with supervisor over email.
Resource deliveries were always on time.
Long route, hard work, and low pay. Good learning experience.