Metro Supply Chain

Metro Supply Chain Employee Reviews

Canada88 reviews
Typical office environment
Typical office environment with very little room for career advancement. Middle management is mostly concerned with the numbers and appearance whereas upper management want you to succeed and advance but there are no positions to advance to.
Great environment
Everyday join working with a great respectful team , learn alot , no stress Took my time and did the job right. Hope I get a similar job like that.......
nice work atmosphere
nice work atmosphere . working with different different client's requirement makes the day most challenging and interesting .learnt management skills , ms word , powerpoint , excel in depth.
Good
quick learning and multi-tasking work.
I cam to know how to handle the situation with the given time period with your full efficiency level and skills.
Delivery Driver
Great experience for a month and a half, working in a fast paced environment, where precision is a must. I had the opportunity to work alongside ex-military who appreciated the nature of the job.
Good, in general.
Salary was below any other drivers position at other companies, but conditions and benefits were pretty good.
Job was not very difficult, but did involve stress, and certain challenges.
Good management and good environment. Nice place to work, good supervisors and leadhands. Big warehouse and safe environment. I enjoy work when we get busy.. a lot of overtime...
Positive, Productive and Passionate team and workplace
I started working here as an agency temporary employee picking. My skills were noticed and I was cross trained in different areas. In two years I have developed from an agency worker to a full time employee to team to a coordinator and an Operations Supervisors.

I got to learn a lot about online distribution, team management, leadership, service levels, customer relations.

Many of my colleagues who are coordinators or team leaders or supervisors were all agency employee at some point.

Very good place to work with growth, learning and structured progression planning.

My manager drives inclusive culture with all level of associates and treats everyone fairly.

Very grounded and approachable senior management team. You could not even tell who the GM is, so much humility with the leadership.

Proud to be a part of this team
Pros
inclusive culture, approachable team, career progression, fairness, no politics
Formal, Very Competitive, Highly Difficult, Unforgiving
See all those five stars? Get to used to that, because if you work here you are pretty much a Lieutenant among Field Marshal administration. Not even going to lie to you when I say the level of requirement is definitely the highest and most punctually / personally critical out of any warehouse that probably exists anywhere. Guaranteed wherever you work does not have the raw requirement this place simply demands of an individual. Militaristic at times, in fact there are several people who used to serve in the Canadian Forces there working hard. Even if you are not immediately held to standards right away, believe it will always be counted toward or against you in one way or the other.

Will be constantly be challenged to raise the bar of performance for yourself, but also your peers as well whether it is humanly possible or not. Do less for more is a constant routine and you absolutely need to be physically, mentally, emotionally, mechanically and technologically adaptive to make it all possible at certain times. Comparable with doing a 1O-11 hour exercise at a training facility. Expect to be at max potential nearly 1OO% of the time from the minute you step onto the floor. Every second you are being evaluated in everything you do, which means you have absolutely no choice but to work faster than necessary to get objectives accomplished in a timely manner. Only way you can make time for yourself to have a proper break or take your time in it's facility is to be constantly working ahead every waking hour of the workflow, which in itself is subject to varying degrees of challenge
 - more...
Pros
Expensive Uniform
Well organized work space
Well built warehouse with a with good lunch room and clean washrooms.
Management was helpful and cooperative.

morning , evening and night shifts available and that makes convenient for students and mothers to adjust life with work.
Supervisor Role
As a current material handling operator in Calgary I would not recommend this company. The pay is bad for supervisor and operators, the supervisor role is a revolving door.in only two years we have gone through7 supervisors. 7
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Its not at safe place to work, Numerous safety issues and they dont get looked after, Supervisors only take pictures and send "emails" thats the solution, Work is always behind from day shift to night shift
Productive and fun place to work
Fun place to work. Able to talk to people from different levels, culture is laid-back, start-up environment, you are able to learn a lot of things, flexible work hours.
Worst company ever
Hourly pay was the only thing i liked there. Other than that company is a garbage. Management people are stupid and biased. They have no sense to talk. Hardly passed 3 months there. Such a nightmare. Company use people in their busy time and throw them out when company gets slow.
great
the place is nice to work on. it's so busy and there are a lot of people working. however, the cafeteria seemed to be small for the workers since it's always full and no space for others to use.
Productive workplace with good skilled people
From my experience,Metro supply chain is a great company that treats all its employees fairly, have the patient to train new employees and teach employees how to work fast and be more productive.
It’s alright
There is a lot of work and it’s fast pace... but the people are really decent.

Overall experience was positive... by as far as pay was undervalued. They start you at 17 ... most others pay over 20 hrly
steady decline
Things went down hill after a management change.
salaries were cut 15%. quality forklift operators salaries went down to 16.50 hr. after 25 years of good service.

Happy to be gone!!!
Poor management
Scheduling was poorly done and managers lacked people skills. Work expectations rather low, but there wasn't much planning in advance as to the work week.
Overall good firm
Pay fair and challenge place , take care of worker, and client is very intended and requested, and you have to look into very pieces of possibility to reach goal..
Nice employees
The employees are great . Everyone seems to be happy but are too afraid to speak about the amount off employees and the work load given . Sometimes , one person has to do two/three sections. The wage increase is ridiculous. Also , management is biased because preference is given to his/her friend. A lot off bullying and too much gossip . Toxicity at it highest level.
High pick quotas, grumpy co-workers
Decent job. Very high pick quota with an unhelpful, grumpy supervisor whose only advice is "pick faster and don't mess up". Everyone was jaded and unfriendly. One forklift operator, who has been there 20 years, would intentionally crowd me with his truck for not being fast enough, which slowed me down and resulted in a minor (I believe intentional) collision. Very little room for advancement, my direct superior has been with the company for 20 years.
Pros
Steady hours, fun driving a reach truck
Cons
Terrible morale, grumpy staff, poor training, impossible quotas, constant heavy lifting, below average pay, no room for advancement
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro Supply Chain. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9