Metro Supply Chain

Metro Supply Chain Employee Reviews

my husband was working at Metro for a year, everything was good he had no problem with people, and always hit the numbers, I also told him that the company is a good company. Until June 2020, they have a new supervisor came, and everything was changed. they let go my husband without any reasons right after the pandemic. During the pandemic, my husband still went to work everyday. now they let go good workers, but keep hiring new staffs? the company should think who has good value to the company.
Pros
good motivation, good benefit, good training process
Cons
poor management, unfair, lack of break time
Having been there for 53 weeks, I tried to ascend by getting a lift truck licence and better pay and potentially look at getting myself an actual position with Metro. I worked under a third party, which paid minimum wage to bust rear-end on the floor. Management is more about looking out for themselves than caring about the employees. I had a minor accident once, and they seemed to care at first, but because they were caring to ensure if I was alright, but because they were experienced, smooth and quick, you feel pressured as a newbie to perform the same in short order
Pros
Good for people living in York with a car, don't need much qualifications
Cons
Expensive for taking two fares round trip five days/week, No real advancement, culture is very fast-paced, immigration seems to be an issue to some third party employees, pure KPI-numbers game.
My department did not care about my safety doing the job. They were reluctant to supply essential PPE I needed for my job. How can the blind lead others. There is systemic racism practiced there which I called favoratism.
Cons
Great place to work, always busy, management cares about their staff. They make you feel like family. They have an in-house training program to promote from within.
Typical office environment with very little room for career advancement. Middle management is mostly concerned with the numbers and appearance whereas upper management want you to succeed and advance but there are no positions to advance to.
Everyday join working with a great respectful team , learn alot , no stress Took my time and did the job right. Hope I get a similar job like that.......
quick learning and multi-tasking work. I cam to know how to handle the situation with the given time period with your full efficiency level and skills.
Great experience for a month and a half, working in a fast paced environment, where precision is a must. I had the opportunity to work alongside ex-military who appreciated the nature of the job.
Salary was below any other drivers position at other companies, but conditions and benefits were pretty good. Job was not very difficult, but did involve stress, and certain challenges.
Good management and good environment. Nice place to work, good supervisors and leadhands. Big warehouse and safe environment. I enjoy work when we get busy.. a lot of overtime...
I started working here as an agency temporary employee picking. My skills were noticed and I was cross trained in different areas. In two years I have developed from an agency worker to a full time employee to team to a coordinator and an Operations Supervisors. I got to learn a lot about online distribution, team management, leadership, service levels, customer relations. Many of my colleagues who are coordinators or team leaders or supervisors were all agency employee at some point. Very good place to work with growth, learning and structured progression planning. My manager drives inclusive culture with all level of associates and treats everyone fairly. Very grounded and approachable senior management team. You could not even tell who the GM is, so much humility with the leadership. Proud to be a part of this team
Pros
inclusive culture, approachable team, career progression, fairness, no politics
See all those five stars? Get to used to that, because if you work here you are pretty much a Lieutenant among Field Marshal administration. Not even going to lie to you when I say the level of requirement is definitely the highest and most punctually / personally critical out of any warehouse that probably exists anywhere. Guaranteed wherever you work does not have the raw requirement this place simply demands of an individual. Militaristic at times, in fact there are several people who used to serve in the Canadian Forces there working hard. Even if you are not immediately held to standards right away, believe it will always be counted toward or against you in one way or the other. Will be constantly be challenged to raise the bar of performance for yourself, but also your peers as well whether it is humanly possible or not. Do less for more is a constant routine and you absolutely need to be physically, mentally, emotionally, mechanically and technologically adaptive to make it all possible at certain times. Comparable with doing a 1O-11 hour exercise at a training facility. Expect to be at max potential nearly 1OO% of the time from the minute you step onto the floor. Every second you are being evaluated in everything you do, which means you have absolutely no choice but to work faster than necessary to get objectives accomplished in a timely manner. Only way you can make time for yourself to have a proper break or take your time in it's facility is to be constantly working ahead every waking hour of the workflow, which in itself is subject to varying degrees of challenge - more...
Pros
Expensive Uniform
Well built warehouse with a with good lunch room and clean washrooms. Management was helpful and cooperative. morning , evening and night shifts available and that makes convenient for students and mothers to adjust life with work.
As a current material handling operator in Calgary I would not recommend this company. The pay is bad for supervisor and operators, the supervisor role is a revolving door.in only two years we have gone through7 supervisors. 7
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Its not at safe place to work, Numerous safety issues and they dont get looked after, Supervisors only take pictures and send "emails" thats the solution, Work is always behind from day shift to night shift
Fun place to work. Able to talk to people from different levels, culture is laid-back, start-up environment, you are able to learn a lot of things, flexible work hours.
Hourly pay was the only thing i liked there. Other than that company is a garbage. Management people are stupid and biased. They have no sense to talk. Hardly passed 3 months there. Such a nightmare. Company use people in their busy time and throw them out when company gets slow.
the place is nice to work on. it's so busy and there are a lot of people working. however, the cafeteria seemed to be small for the workers since it's always full and no space for others to use.
From my experience,Metro supply chain is a great company that treats all its employees fairly, have the patient to train new employees and teach employees how to work fast and be more productive.
There is a lot of work and it’s fast pace... but the people are really decent. Overall experience was positive... by as far as pay was undervalued. They start you at 17 ... most others pay over 20 hrly
Things went down hill after a management change. salaries were cut 15%. quality forklift operators salaries went down to 16.50 hr. after 25 years of good service. Happy to be gone!!!
Scheduling was poorly done and managers lacked people skills. Work expectations rather low, but there wasn't much planning in advance as to the work week.
  1. Employee reviews