Metro Label

Metro Label Employee Reviews

Working there, you are treated as just a number. Never any praise for a job well done by Supervisor or company itself; even when over time worked. Not writing this to be offensive in any way as I did not leave there on bad terms; however, the afternoon Supervisor was very "slick" when it came to covering his own butt... Would lie and target certain people! NO raise after working there for over 2 years!!! *** If willing to kiss butt, it's a great place to work!
Pros
Afternoon shift doesn't work Fridays.
Cons
NO Appreciation for anything!!!!
Needed good knowledge of every aspect of production and understanding of graphic designs, including colours/inks as well as substrates to interact with, customers, sales, graphic designers and production personnel to plan and prepare production viable estimates.
Pros
Management recognition of good work. Given cash rewards
Cons
Very long hours of work and unreasonable turnout of estimates
The company promised so much at the time of employment in regards to training that i will receive both internal and external. Internal lacked as for one week they train you and then tell you to learn everything else yourself. Forget about external training as i was told by many that they have been told they are going but no one ever really went except a few. The department managers are all great at what they do as they are all very knowledgeable but they lack to work together. Senior management is even worst as they have no clue what the business needs are today. They have the mentality of 10 years ago and want to carry the same mentality forward now. My position was changed so many times as senior management never knew what they wanted me to do. You might here one week that you are in charge of something but next week you are no longer in charge and then a month later the senior manager yells at you for noting taking charge. The only great aspect of the job was the people i worked with in the offices. If anyone is ever to work there make sure you ask for the salary you want right at the beginning or else forget about really getting a raise.
Pros
Managers were nice
Cons
Senior managers and owners are lost and have no clue what is going on in their business
Very busy, never a dull moment. Very demanding position. Enjoyed the team work and development of new procedures and systems.
Pros
people, company bbq
Cons
working weekends and on call at night
Metro Label is a very team oriented environment. We aim to please all our customers and do whatever is necesary to meet the customers demands. there are many employees with over 5 years of service and perform their duties to the best of their abilities. Metro Label is a very fast paced environment which can be intimidating sometimes but co workers are so supportive and as a team we get the job done.
Pros
team environment, celebratory relegious days
Receiving Issuing stock, and inventory controlNot learned any new activitiesManagement does not co-operate to changesNot helping to othersGetting things from others(do by yourself)Working on your own
Pros
2 free lunches
Cons
no advancement
Able to learn and modify My department to make it efficient.
Cons
long hours / no recognitions for your added vlues
Typical day started by checking emails, shipments and job status. I learned a lot about engineering and manufacturing our products. As well as the basics of logistics. The management was readily available to discuss issues if needed. The politics were heavy and at times, taxing to one's ego and trust upon other co-workers. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with delayed jobs and not being able to meet the customer's delivery dates. The most enjoyable part of my job was gaining the knowledge in the packaging industry and meeting new customers.
Pros
free education, great benefits
Cons
occasional traveling
I was on reception, did invoicing, assisted CFO with administrative duties, assisted President when he had guests to set up boardroom, took messages for staff or transferred to their extensions, distributed the incoming mail and faxes, assisted accounting staff if they didn't balance at month's end and I learned customer service to enter orders.
Pros
had variety.
Cons
also very close to home but none related to my jobs.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Metro Label?
  1. Employee reviews