Metro Inc.
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Metro Inc. Pay & benefits reviews

Canada1,207 reviews
If you work really hard it’s a good thing but at the same time it could leads to your downfall. Some managers will stop you from advancing from your current position because you make them looks good and they don’t want to lose you. Hard work is not appreciated at my location.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Lazy and unappreciated managers
Ils décrètent un lock-out en pleine pandémie coupe les assurances de leurs employés et manque de respect envers eux. Clairement le profit à tout prix comme mentalité....
Pros
Salaire
Cons
Aucun respect
My opinion of Metro is greatly influenced by my feelings about the management team. The store manager is quite possibly the most unprofessional and unpleasant manager I have ever had in my 30 years of customer service. The job itself is fine, however, for a company that is seeing record profits during this pandemic, the wage scale and progression is pitiful. Metro is not even paying hazard pay at this point. Very grateful that we have a union. They work hard to get their members the most they can.
Pros
Unionized, pension plan, benefits
Cons
Wages, poor management
Décrète un lockout et coupe les assurances à ses employés. Absolument aucun respect pour les travailleurs, spécialement en temps de pandémie et prend les employés de bureau en otage pour effectuer le travail d'entrepôt.
District and area manager don’t help trying to solve conflicts between staff. Always side with the manager and even the HR will not help. Toxic work environment especially if the manager is micromanaging everything and very nosy about even personal life matters.
Pros
Benefits, vacation and sick days
Cons
You’re on your own if you get into a conflict with your manager. Long hours
I enjoy working at metro but I am currently looking for another job as I am not making enough money from metro so looking for another job I hope I make enough money.
Pros
Good employee and managers
Cons
Not enough money
Best pay I earned in canada so far work can be bit hard for some people but you get good money in reward. Full time part time personalized schedule for part timers over all very well balanced work environment
Pros
Lot of over time, good pay rate, friendly environment
Cons
Some senior workers are very lazy which demote new people as well
Cheap
Assurance trop dispendieuse

Manque de leadership Dans le secteur d'activité

Salaire trop bas

Aucun avantage relié au champs d'activité de l'entreprise

Syndicat pourri et vendu
Pros
Belle clientèle
Cons
Assurance dispendieuse salaire bas travail sort fin de semaine 365 jours
A fast pace paced environment environment. Friendly staff. Management is good. Few shifts. Good benefits if you are a regular employee. Unionized. Sometimes customers are so demanding and feeling entitled that’s why an employee should have long patience.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Metro Inc.?
Excellente équipe de travail mais le salaire est bas comparativement aux autres bannières.
Pros
Ambiance
Cons
Salaire
contact direct avec tous type de client
capacité de s'adapter avec toute les situations qui se présentent lors de traitement d'une transaction avec les clients
parfait pour étudiant, mais pour les étudiant qui non pas beaucoup d'heures les repas devrait etre payer
Pros
parfait pour étudiant
Cons
aucun rabais
Some days were too busy to get everything done, some days were so slow to the point of standing around just looking for extra little things to do all day.
Pros
Benefits, union
Horrible Experience, Ignoring Management from store to district level. Nothing is appreciated even in stressful times .short staffed pharmacies and long working hours
Environnement et clientèle stressante.
Bonne équipe, mais ne respectait parfois pas l'importance de la conciliation travail-études.

Bonne rémunération pour des étudiants.
J'aime beaucoup tout est du professionnel pour mieux m'adapter et mieux partager mes compétences et donner plus d'avantages à la société.
Pros
Disponibilité et le social
Cons
L'indifférence et le mépris
Depending on the day (if we are receiving a shipment or not) the workload could be very demanding or very relaxed with little to do.
As my first job it has taught me the required skills to eventually get a full time job in my field of study.

The hours are different week to week so it is hard to plan last minute events (unless you take the day off 2 weeks before).
Co-workers are overall nice with a few exceptions.

Overall great first job for high-school/college.
Pros
Good part-time highschool/college/university job.
Cons
Very inconsistent hours.
Impossible to earn a living with inconsistent hours. Cannot pay the bills. Long term employees not valued or supported or guaranteed even minimal hours.
Excellent Company I love the work environment and Union environment with competitive salary and good working hours....................................
Metro is a good place to work for laborers and they are having flexible timings. the good thing is they provide break times with pay for 1 hour per shift.
I was a cashier for a year at Metro. The working environment was fairly clean, shelves was stocked to the capacity. Customers are always happy with their customer service experience. The customer always leave the store with a huge smile on their face. The staff are always happy with their shifts.There is also no benefits for working there...that's a downer.