Metro Inc.

Metro Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,214 reviews matching the search
If you work really hard it’s a good thing but at the same time it could leads to your downfall. Some managers will stop you from advancing from your current position because you make them looks good and they don’t want to lose you. Hard work is not appreciated at my location.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Lazy and unappreciated managers
Actuellement je réalise une excellente expérience chez METRO
L'environnement travail n'est pas bonne, beaucoup de stress.
Endroit où on peut évoluer très rapidement, environnement très productive mais avec des moyens pour y arriver.
Pros
Peu progresser dans l entreprise
Cons
Courte pause
Strong union in place, workers safety is taken seriously, physically demanding job, new supervisors and bullies and harass workers, a lot of politics in place.
Metro is like scrooge ! They put everything in their pockets, and the less they can in yours even if they know full well that without you they would be going down the drain. You are a number to them, even if you are superman, they dont care. Unless you are wiling to lick their boots, then they will appreciate you a bit more but you still get over-used.
Pros
Not much
Cons
En tant que préparateur de commandes nous répétons la même choses jours après jours et soulevons énorment de poids.
Ils décrètent un lock-out en pleine pandémie coupe les assurances de leurs employés et manque de respect envers eux. Clairement le profit à tout prix comme mentalité....
Pros
Salaire
Cons
Aucun respect
My opinion of Metro is greatly influenced by my feelings about the management team. The store manager is quite possibly the most unprofessional and unpleasant manager I have ever had in my 30 years of customer service. The job itself is fine, however, for a company that is seeing record profits during this pandemic, the wage scale and progression is pitiful. Metro is not even paying hazard pay at this point. Very grateful that we have a union. They work hard to get their members the most they can.
Pros
Unionized, pension plan, benefits
Cons
Wages, poor management
It is a brutal environment to work in as the union dictates to management. Union employees would 'stretch' the work day to provide overtime for its employees. Your employment status is dependant on how well you tow the union line even as a VP or lower. Here, the tail wags the dog.
Pros
A stop gap employment
Cons
Décrète un lockout et coupe les assurances à ses employés. Absolument aucun respect pour les travailleurs, spécialement en temps de pandémie et prend les employés de bureau en otage pour effectuer le travail d'entrepôt.
Aucun considération pour ses employés ! Tu es un simple numéro à leur yeux!
Clients irrespectueux, les employés parlent dans ton dos, gérant peu professionnel, on est sous-payer, environnement stressant, ils nous obligent a travailler toutes les fin de semaines donc pas de respect pour la vie privé et 0 reconnaissance de notre travail, on est que des numéros.
I worked Grocery for a year and I experienced cart return, aisle facing, cashier, answering phone calls/ customer service, fast paced environment at Food Basics
Pros
Lunch
Cons
N/a
I applied at the St Thomas ON location.Living close affords me the opportunity to cover for someone who calls out sick. I have a robust immune system able to cope in these pandemic times, but they are not hiring at the moment. I will keep trying.
Pros
I took course in flower arrangement, pharmacy assistant, worked front end but also fill vacations for fish, produce and bakery
Cons
I could not work grocery because it was at night
I love to learn new things , I always enjoy my time at work and always think 2wice before my any action at work and always done my job on time and use my %100 of my telant.
The work was fun, I always looked forward to go to work, but the pay was not good at all. I got minimum wage, and weekly cut of hours. After working there for so long at 2 different locations, with the permission of one of my staff pharmacists I used here as a reference and later found out that it was due to her giving me a bad reference that I did not get many jobs that I had interviews for. I had a great relationship with her at work, but I did not know she would bad mouth me saying she does not remember me working for that long period and gave a dishonest reference regarding me. I could have done a case on her for ruining my career for many years but I did not do that.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
back stabbing, bad mouthing, blaming
Aucun avantage, Roulement excessive d'employer, DANGER au travail ascenseur vieux et dangereux, directrice adjointe folle, aucune reconnaissance des propriétaire et du directeur.
Pros
Facile comme premiere job
Cons
Aucun avantage et reconnaissance de la direction
All around loved working for metro if they didn’t close down And switched to food basics I’d hands down still be working for food basics I loved the company and I loved the people who worked there we were all a family
Pros
How close we all were
Cons
That they closed
I had requested to move departments as I felt that I wasnt a better fit which led to my hours being cut from full time to four hours every two weeks. DO NOT WORK HERE
Most of the company staff is part time workers. The prospect for growth and development in such a company is very hard. I'd recommend metro as a part time job but you must find something full-time to be able to pay your bills efficiently. The working environment is a cordial one.
  1. Employee reviews