Metro Inc.

Metro Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada1,176 reviews
Found 1,176 reviews matching the search
A great starter or retirement job
I loved my time working for Metro. It's a standard customer service job, all in all, with good training and opportunities to advance if you stay long enough. The worst part about it was the rude customers.
environnement de travail agréable mais le salaire n'est pas attractif
contact direct avec tous type de client
capacité de s'adapter avec toute les situations qui se présentent lors de traitement d'une transaction avec les clients
Very fun place to work if case you are stress you can get and walk around for minutes
I must meet all the dead lines both in payment and Store Inventory on weekly basics.I learnt so much in Accounting and Inventory which I will bring to help take the company to next level. Good working environment and at the end of the day must able to solve all problems and if it is beyond me then I will take it to management. I enjoy working at Metro because the co-workers are all team players and very motivated.
Voilà
Un uniforme m’a été donné au bout d’un mois de travail donc je ne m’attendais pas à de superbes conditions de travail
They do nothing for the employees
This was one of the most annoying places to work because they don't allow you to book time off and when you call in sick they tell you if you don't show up you're fired.
parfait pour étudiant
parfait pour étudiant, mais pour les étudiant qui non pas beaucoup d'heures les repas devrait etre payer
Pros
parfait pour étudiant
Cons
aucun rabais
depends on the day
Some days were too busy to get everything done, some days were so slow to the point of standing around just looking for extra little things to do all day.
Pros
Benefits, union
Need strong personality to work there
Management was awful..had favorites..very unprofessional at times...needed anger management skills. Most of the staff were great. Most of the customers were great!! Made many friends
Try to avoid working there if you can
Horrible Experience, Ignoring Management from store to district level. Nothing is appreciated even in stressful times .short staffed pharmacies and long working hours
Not the job, but the management.
Would NOT recommend. Management is unprofessional, disorganized and seems to have no clue what is going on. There is no communication what so ever. I often walk into shifts to new information popping up overnight that is very vital to me doing my job correctly, with not a single word from management. Schedules often get posted with the wrong dates causing confusion. On occasion my pay has been late, and when I call to try and get an answer i'm met with attitude and no answer/explanation. Depending on store calls ins may or may not be a problem, at my store if i called in i got a call back from management telling me i need to come in. If i refuse, the call turns into borderline harassment.
The job itself is easy and i enjoy the customers, but we are constantly short staffed. Not because we don't have enough staff, but for some reason management does not schedule appropriately. We are often left without a self checkout attendant and one cashier for close... ONE. That person is now left to work the register, self checkout, clean for close, and the phones/desk if the desk person isn't available while doing their job.

This all depends on the store and the management you get. But the lack of protection Metro has for its employees working the front lines during COVID-19 compared to other stores, should tell you something.

Metro is a great job that does give you the opportunity to meet some awesome customers, and make friends with co-workers. But at the risk of terrible management that makes it hard to withstand pulling your hair out at times..
Super ambiance
On prend du plaisir à travailler au metro et le contact avec la clientèle
Vraiment pas palpitante
J'ai travailler pendant trois ans chez métro à Val-david et il n'y à jamais autant eu de non respect à cette place autant les employer que le patron, je ne recommande personne à aller où à envoyer leur enfant travailler chez métro.
Pros
Aucun
Cons
Manque d'heure, manque de respect, manque de travail d'équipe, manque d'organisation, manque de disciplination
Competitive and fast-paced workplace
It is a fast-paced environment and most of the time it's stressful because you serve customers and they're time-sensitive and sometimes rude and you have to learn how to deal with them in a friendly and polite manner.
The management is customer-oriented so the customer is always right.
Fun workplace
Working there was a fun experience because of my co-workers, they were a very friendly staff.. I still have contact with most of the people I worked with during my job tenure there
Environnement parfois stressant et équipe négative
Environnement et clientèle stressante.
Bonne équipe, mais ne respectait parfois pas l'importance de la conciliation travail-études.

Bonne rémunération pour des étudiants.
environnement productif et agréable
je retournerai sans hésiter a travailler dans un metro
environnement de travail stressante
les employées syndiquées sont en contrôle
pas de place a critiquer leurs travail
Its a typical retail job
Easy going
Easy to learn

Not stressful

Good starter job also room to grow if you want to

Good place to work if thats your strong feild and what your passionate about doing they have a strong team that works with them and always treat you fairly
Coopération
C'était agréable d'y travailler, plaisir au rendez-vous. L'entraide est de mise.
Fast paced!
This is a very fast paced environment with little margin for error, but it is rewarding. For the most part people a very friendly and willing to assist you. Grocery retail is a great place to start your career as it teaches you what retailers expect from their CPG partners and what the partners will receive in return.
Over worked.. under paid asm
10 hour days and no clear path for advancement. underpaid assistant managers with no incentives to achieve any performance metrics. And they wonder why they can't find decent candidates.