Metric Modular Employee Reviews

Lots of different skills to be learned
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC8 March 2019
Terrible quality builds, non experienced co workers, almost offensive pay for experienced workers. Management is ok depending on who your supervisor is. I do not recommend anyone with more than 2 years construction experience to apply here, it’s a waste of time.
Pros
Free PPE
Cons
Pay, coworkers.....mostly everything
No advancement low wage high promise rather higher foreign workers than local
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Agassiz, BC15 January 2019
Worked her over a year watched time and again people come and go. Only top rate very long term stay. Rest are or seem to be expendable. Rather contract in people from nova Scotia than higher locals. Will temp in a new supervisor until they higher a new one and fire the temp only to have the new supervisor quit. Average turnover 3 to 6 months longest duration being winter months. Promise that the CC days don't count against you only to find out that they do. Wage increases and advancement are caused upon full days worked not hours worked. So if miss an hour to take your kid to the hospital you lose the day credit. If there is no work and sent on a CC day no credit for the day off or partial day if leaving mid day. Low moral. Most guys looking for other employment. Takes 14 years to make current to rate 24. Journeyman gets 24.50. lead hand $1 more. Supervisor 29.... Base is 15 and roughly anywhere from $.50 to $1 increase each year after till you get to rate..... In 14 not including CC days......
Pros
I think about it
Cons
To many
Not so great
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC31 October 2018
I used to love working at britco. But since Metric Modular has taken over things have gone down hill. The production manager orders you to do unethical things such as use moldy lumber in portable classrooms for elementary schools. However the pay is good for penticton and some very good people work here. If you dont mind being treated like trash their always hiring ,do to the high turnover rate.
Pros
Good pay, good coworkers
Cons
Poor managment, bernie
Receiver
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Agassiz, BC24 March 2017
This is the production of modular buildings in a consttruction envirement. A very fast paced departement, involving shipping receiveing, staging orders, stock replenishment and working hand in hand with purchasing and production.
Pros
great hours, benifits and salary
Cons
job stability
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Split Lake, MB11 January 2017
They were a great company to work for I would recommend working for them if you get the chance, great team all around and great working with them all and the pay was very good also.
Good stuff
Labourer/Carpenters Helper (Former Employee) –  Split Lake, MB11 January 2017
It was a good job, not very difficult except for the cold up north but that's nothing when dressed properly other than that was just regular work for great pay and I would highly recommend it.
Challenging and Rewarding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 August 2016
After working for various modular construction companies over the past 10 years in Canada and internationally, I was impressed with Britco and their approach to change during the economic downturn. When I commenced my employment at Britco Canada in 2014 the company was investing in the future and I was fortunate enough to be part of the strategy development and execution of it in real time.

From day one, staff at Britco were friendly and supportive, the office facilities were excellent and the team I worked with was inspiring and motivated. Although the company was experiencing major change from external influences and internal restructure, the management of human resources was always respectful and fair. It was a pleasure and privilege to work for a professional, skilled and passionate company such as Britco, an experience that challenged me professionally and was highly rewarding.
Pros
Investing in the future of the company, learning culture, highly skilled in the field of modular construction, promotes a healthy and safe workplace, great office facilities and parking, friendly and supportive culture.
Cons
Transition phase with foundational change (this is however a long-term benefit), company restructure.
A great group of people that know their business
Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC3 August 2016
Britco has a great work culture and environment that is very engaging and offers good opportunities for self development and education in areas of the business that are outside of your own accountability. Unfortunately Britco's strong tie to the Oil and Gas industry have made business growth for them difficult. However, even in slow times they gave me great opportunities to learn and be mentored. A desire for a strong accountability culture in the construction industry may be rare, but Britco has strong, consistent and transparent leadership.
Pros
Great learning culture, super leaders that know their business, excellent Langley head office location
Cons
Wage freeze for past 3 years, narrow customer base
Great until the bust!
Middle Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2016
Britco is a company that endeavors to promote a healthy, happy and very safe workplace.
The company was doing great in Alberta until the downturn and really tried to keep us going as long as it could.
Management in BC were good to work with and always trying to improve the stats quo at our plant.
It was company that really believed in a safe place to work and not working you to death.
THe hardest part of the job was the demise of the economy and all the training and money that had been spend to prepare for a future that was not to be.
It was one of the most rewarding places I have worked in my career.
Not many places you can work where upper management is approachable and down to earth..
Pros
Lots of BBQ's, Bling and laughs
Cons
The turndown in the economy
Lack of Job Security and Enrichment
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC29 April 2016
Worked for Britco for less than a year. Started there with the hope that I could build a career for myself. When i was hired, I was unaware that the company had laid off a good deal of support office staff along with staff at each of their plants. The company put a hold on bonuses or raises.

Throughout my time there I found that upper management kept to themselves and didn't value the opinion of its workers. People were so fearful of their jobs that they didn't want to share tasks or ask for help because they were afraid they would be next on the chopping block. On top of that, managers were not interesting in being mentors to their staff so there was no development.

The Director of HR was unapproachable. She did not keep things confidential when you tried to talk to her and she often would talk down on you.
Pros
modern office with free coffee/tea, people keep to themselves and won't bother you, state of the art equipment to use, private office
Cons
no bonuses, no raises, poor company culture, high turnover, no loyalty