Metis Nation of Ontario Employee Reviews

the company gives you intiative to produce on your own.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  thunder bay31 May 2018
very interested in obtaining funding to run future programs. managed via internet/email and in person only when annual reports are due. very little support given to the employees from management
Pros
freedom and flexibility in your work day
Cons
very demanding of time and very little support on results
A lot of freedom not much direction
Métis Family Wellbeing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 November 2017
As a frontline worker there is a lot of freedom in your job, each program it's own provincial supervisor. You have to have a lot of initiative to work here as there is not a lot of accountability.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Low pay
fun workplace
Summer Youth Cultural Program Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
I learned a lot about the Metis culture through out the years of working within the Metis Nation of Ontario.
The workplace environment is pretty laid back.
The hardest part about being a lead cultural facilitator was organizing a team of young facilitators who all have different personalities.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
low pay
very challenging organisation to work for!
Healthy babies Healthy Children Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON4 December 2016
While I really enjoyed the program of working with babies and new parents, I did not enjoy not being paid on time as I had to use my own vehicle to visit families outside of Sudbury and it got challenging at times trying to keep my vehicle fueled when I didn't receive mileage compensation on time.
Pros
Babies and parents
Cons
lack of funding
It was okay for a job
Literacy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON4 December 2016
The Métis Nation of Ontario was a good stepping stone for me and while I met a lot of wonderful people, the organisation itself could use some fine polishing.
Pros
work with amazing kids
Cons
no benefits and management requires more education on how to treat the employees
fun experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON20 August 2016
i had lots of fun and gained lots of experience doing this job , but the pace was fast, some days i couldent get the job done . But i would get on to it the next day, i learned to stay calm and to work at a fast pace .
Pros
good amount of breaks .
Cons
not to long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metis Nation of Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4