Method Studios
View all Method Studios reviews

Method Studios

Method Studios Employee Review

Horrible Company

Pros There are no pros to working at this studio Cons - They signed onto a creature-heavy show with NO CREATURE PIPELINE in place. So with no creature SOP's in place, you can imagine how the show progressed as it neared closer to delivery. - The artists are worked way too hard and many are driven to quitting the industry overall after working at Method. - When production ramps up, say goodbye to your social life and personal relationships because you are expected to work overtime like everyone else. The concept of work-life balance is foreign to management. - Supervisors bad-mouth artists' work all the time behind their backs - Shows are not properly bid for initially, resulting in a mad scramble to find last-minute artists to work on short-deadlined shots with little-to-no training provided. - Cross-site shows from VAN to LA are an absolute nightmare because the two locations have very different approaches to doing things, and wires are crossed all the time.Show Less Advice to Management Revamp your entire studio - it's not working. Start caring for your artists. Don't overwork them. Don't bid for shows that require work you cannot provide, especially if you don't have a contingency plan in place. Don't overwork your employees!!!!!! Overtime should NEVER be expected of an employee. Start advocating positive behavior and spread this messag with artists and management. Do NOT have a beer Friday if it's only 30 minutes long. Invest more time and money into functional AV equipment.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

the experience was good

I had a very nice experience working there with all support tho do everything. My lead was very technical and friendly even under pressure situation

Pros

collaborative enviroment

Cons

delay to respond to work remotely at the Covid Crises

Awful Place to work

The post production dept is antiquated as are the in house engineers. I give them a couple of years and the place will close down. A pointless dept in a pointless company!

Pros

Cons

Too many to name
Same location

Method Studios is a great place to work.

Method Studios is a great place to work. I learned a lot of valuable skills and the people are the heart of the company. I am glad that I got the experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Method Studios. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement