Method Innovation Partners Inc

Method Innovation Partners Inc Employee Reviews

I am approaching 9 years at Method, almost 10, wow. I personally like to work on high volume job so I don't need to do too many setup but that is just me. Lots of guys like the custom shop vibe and work on something new every month. We do pretty crazy amazing stuff around here. My teammates is a big reason why I am here, great family atmosphere and also like the 4x10hrs shift but not everybody is on that shift. I like the culture in general, management care, just wish we were doing more activities outside work sometime . Maybe I should be the culture ambassador or start the outdoor club again :) Looking forward to meet new Method team members!
Pros
management empower the workforce
Cons
custom work is challenging
METHOD is a great place to work! It’s a very productive environment where you could learn something new everyday. There are a lot of interesting and challenging projects. Management is very supportive and approachable. Co-workers are amazing, friendly, and cooperative.
This is a great company to work for. Good atmosphere, hard workers The management is very appreciative of the employee's hard work. Most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly co-workers I encountered there and the pay was nice as well. Employee safety is the most important. A lot of interesting project work. Overall, it is a fun place to work at!
I was promised a raise in writing, they delayed giving it to me for 3 months, then gave me half of what was promised. When I mentioned that I was promised more money they said they would deal with it the next work day (a Tuesday after a long weekend). When I went into that meeting they fired me on the spot for something that I had never been formally reprimanded for. Additionally, they have you work with toxic materials that are known to cause cancer and only provide respirators for their long term staff that have been there over a year. Glue, liquid plastic, etc.
Pros
4-day work week
Cons
Toxic Chemicals and Toxic people
26 November 2019
We’re sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us. We have searched our records within the last few years, and discussed with the HR team and we can’t find any files of an ex-team member described in this context not to mention as a Machine Operator/Material Handler.I know we care about our employees very much and that we go out of our way to accommodate people’s needs as they grow with us, so it is difficult to accept such review. However, this is obviously this person’s experience, and I am sorry that you came away from your time here with that impression. I believe that many companies want to do right by their people, and I encourage you to speak up when you see something wrong. It may be that there is an explanation for what’s happening, or that someone wasn’t paying attention and will appreciate you pointing out how things look from your perspective. If your company isn’t seeing what you see, the only way to change that is to let them know. Promised Raise During the recruiting process we make it clear what your title and pay rate will be and we often discuss your path for growth but each individual must work on acquiring the skills needed through personal development or training at Method. Each employee with the help of their lead-hand and supervisor must work as a team to put together a path forward to be prepared for the future/the next opening. We were not able to trace this specific case, but we suspect there were work performance issues based on the comments. Our core team has been with the company for about 20 years which speak for itself and we are - more...
Lack of training Preferred part-time then full time Totally sucks in all aspects Dirty warehouse dust everywhere Try to hire at less pay rates as possible How employ could be stable even if they change there manager every year lol
Pros
10 * 4 Shift
Cons
Sucks
1 September 2019
We’re sorry to hear that someone has had a bad experience with us.We work hard to make this a great place to work, so when someone feels we are missing the mark we want to hear about it and make changes for the better. I believe it’s easier to affect change from within rather than complain after you’ve left, but we still take these issues seriously.Our business is constantly evolving for the best as we set ourselves up for growth. I know that can cause short term discomfort that makes it difficult for people.We know that without our team, we can’t succeed and we can’t grow. While we have many employees who have been with us for 10, 15, 20+ years, this review shows that we can improve and get closer to satisfying 100% of our team.If the original poster wants to reach out, please contact us. We want to know where we are falling short, and how we can make it better in tangible, specific ways that positively impact our people – our Method Family.Training:I acknowledge that the custom nature of some of the work that we do can result in production workers feeling like they don’t have the skills or information they need to produce a quality product. And more than that, we know that we have work to do in this area. We are working on not only providing that training, but improving information flow so the production floor has better information about what is expected from them. As you know custom work is challenging and it is a significant portion of our work, requiring us to be very nimble and quick to respond to changing requirements and tight timelines. We recognize that - more...
One of the interesting part about this company is the diversity in term of project and industry, you never know what will be the next item on the shop floor. To me that is one thing that makes this organization attractive but of course you need to like this type of work, it is very organic. I didn't have any experience in plastic before and after seeing what can be done, I can't get enough. Love this place!
My experiences have been great with Method and that’s one of the reasons why I’m still working for this company after 10+ years. Of course, there’s times the work flow could be high but I am sure it’s just the same in many other work places, especially in the custom manufacturing world. That being said, I wouldn’t hesitate to apply for this company again if I were to go back 10+ years ago.
Pros
No orders are the same
Cons
No orders are the same
Lack of training and detail of what u have to do Always being watched when you work Lack of communication Management doesn't care for their employees
4 June 2018
We’re sorry to hear that someone has had a bad experience with us. While we know that sometimes it is a matter of culture and fit, we still take it seriously when someone is unhappy. The past year has been one of great change, including the sudden passing of our founder and significant structural changes as we set ourselves up for growth. I know that those changes can cause short term discomfort that makes it difficult for people. Training:I acknowledge that the custom nature of some of the work that we do can result in production workers feeling like they don’t have the skills or information they need to produce a quality product. And more than that, we know that we have work to do in this area. Our management team has already taken some steps to improve that training, including revamping our Policies and Procedures and establishing better defined roles and responsibilities for our people (work which is continuing through the summer). Supervision:It’s hard to know if this is a case of micromanagement or a performance issue. Our goal is to provide training and clear information to our employees so we can leverage their skills and expertise without “looking over their shoulder”. Lack of Communication:We acknowledge this is an area in need of constant tending. Communication is the thread that holds an organization together and is key to success. We are (and will always be) working on making this better. Lack of Care:I know we care about our employees and that we go out of our way to accommodate people’s needs as they grow with us, so this is difficult to accept - more...
Disorganized and unprofessional management. Consistantly low morale among production workers due to low pay and high production management and production worker turnover rates. This company doesn’t look out for anyone but itself. Great place to work if you are in need of a temperary job, but don’t get too comfortable. Training is non-existent and new employees are often left to fend for themselves. HR is also non-existent and all employee related issues are dealt with biasly through upper management, if at all. Fast work flow when busy, but poorly managed causing overly stressed workers.
Pros
4x10hr shifts
Cons
Stressful work environment with little support for employees
4 June 2018
We work hard to make this a great place to work, so when someone feels we are missing the mark we want to hear about it and make changes for the better. I believe it’s easier to affect change from within rather than complain after you’ve left, but we still take these issues seriously. We know that without our people, we can’t succeed and we can’t grow. While we have many employees who have been with us for 10, 15, 18 years, this review shows that we can improve and get closer to satisfying 100% of our team. You’re right, we have experienced a higher than average turnover for our production managers. There are good reasons for this, but the impact to our production staff is a lack of consistency and less certainty in their day to day. We have a solid Production Manager in place now and are optimistic about the positive impact he will have in the coming years. Here’s what we’ve been doing to improve:o we’ve reworked and brought transparency to the pay structure for our production floor to make it more consistent and aligned with the skills needed for each position, and identify paths for growth for our employeeso we’ve re-vamped our policies and procedures and issued an updated Employee Manual so that our expectations are clear, and so that our employees can hold us accountable for what we promiseo we’ve revamped our performance management tools and established a best practice progressive discipline system that is transparent and fair Here’s where we acknowledge we have work to do:o training - due to the frequent custom nature of the work we do, there are times - more...
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Method Innovation Partners Inc?
I worked for Method for 6 years as an industrial designer and no other company I've worked for has given me as much opportunity to grow as they have. I worked my way from a junior into a lead position in a relatively short period of time. If you have drive, ambition, and the desire to grow as a designer they are a great company to do so with. Since they are also a manufacturing facility it gives designers the opportunity to manage the products they design from conception to completion. The range of products you design is vast, from snowboard accessories to automotive parts every project was unique and challenging.
Pros
They're in Langley
Cons
They're in Langley
I've been with this company for about 3 years now and in the last year or so I've seen a focus on turning to the future and taking the right steps to make things better. Management believes in their people and in what they do. They care and it's easy to see. I was surprised to read that other review that was so negative. I think there was a down period, but I've found them to be fair and I believe that upper management has integrity.
Usually work is 4 days a week. Medical benefits starts after 1 year of service. Shift is 10 hours a day. work load depends on job orders. Typical day includes routing, gluing, forming, grinding and production assembly.
Do not expect a life work balance. To my opinion, no one that work there actually qualified for the work. If I had to describe the company with one sentence, would be: "False advertisement", looks great from the outside. Bare minimum benefits, salary etc. very cheap.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor working conditions.