MetCredit Employee Reviews

Exceeded any expectations.
Collection Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 August 2018
Coming from a completely different freelance background I was at first overwhelmed by the bulk of information to be learned and skills perfected. I was super surprised how quickly I got comfortable with the entire structure of both systems implemented and the team culture. Every day feels like "challenge accepted" but when you are working hard it pays off. All of team members are super supportive which uplifts your spirit on the daily basis. Management is absolutely open-minded and helpful, always ready to ask questions and provide assistance. I would never imagine being a collection officer, but it is a job worth putting your energy towards as it pays back.
Pros
Office hours start early which gives enrptire evening to yourself, You are free to choose when to go have your lunch break, you get window light, you feel connected with the team.
Cons
Hours on bit longer side
Classist
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2018
Rude and cliquey management. They only hire ppl based on looks and credit rating if you have declared bankruptcy in the past they won’t even give you an interview. Gossipy
Pros
Cons
Rude and inconsiderate
Official response from MetCredit
16 November 2018

Thanks for your feedback however if you have worked for us previously, you would know this is simply not accurate. If you had applied for a position but did not qualify, please feel free to contact our Corporate Head Office at 1-888-797-7727

Great place to learn and grow
Senior Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2018
I have had many jobs, but this by far has been the best! The managers are understanding, flexible, and willing to help explain the psychology behind the job. I have learned skills here that have not only helped my work performance, but have also benefited me in everyday life. If you succeed the commission can be excellent! Not to mention all of the other perks and incentives.
Pros
Awesome environment & wonderful co-workers
Cons
Dealing with difficult people on the phone
A good place to build a career
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 September 2016
I started out at MetCredit as a student. It was my first job, and I was eager but inexperienced. They worked with me to gain skills and confidence, and I learned a lot about different business models, accounts receivable and many other aspects of dealing with customers. I admired the constant encouragement to uphold respect for the individual in all situations. That is something I have carried me in building my career and taking on bigger challenges. Yes, it's challenging work. Performance matters. Just like in real life. Now, with a young family, I would definitely encourage my kids to work at MetCredit, because they would have the opportunity to learn as much as I did. The CEO worked his way up from the collection floor, and takes interest in people who are professional, show ambition, and understand the value of respect.
Pros
Free transit, a range of personalities. Support when you need it.
Cons
Being held to account for performance is not for everyone
Good oppurtunity , poor management .
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 August 2015
I worked there briefly , during the interview they made it seem like I would be making good commission and that they were a business that prides itself on integrity and fairness , as soon as I arrived commission is only given if you meet their ungodly stretch goals , if you do not reach the target your job will be on the line and will use intimidation tactics to get results , do not like how they treat their debtors and did some things to borderline harass . Did not like using scripted conversations , the overall management is horrible , no communication between managers who like to demean employees on a daily basis.
Pros
Downtown location, set shifts
Cons
Long hours, poor management .
Do not bother
collector (Former Employee) –  mississauga26 June 2015
I worked here for about a year. my co-workers were great, friendly, funny and made it fun to show up to work. Management was rude and disrespectful and acted as though they were doing you a favor by keeping you employed. They spoke down to you, and told you confidential information ( they were going to fire you, but they are giving you a chance). they play favorites as well, if you hit your target every month, then they will accommodate your needs, and give you big files to collect on. If you aren't the best collector, or do not hit your target every month, you are swept under the rug. Everything is a numbers game. The christmas party is dreadful, we had it in the office, did not take the time the book a hall or take us out to a nice restaurant. Everyone gosspis over there, including managers. I told my manager confidential information about a personal situation i was going through, which is why i would be taking time off, and it was discussed with the other managers.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
long hours, work weekends
Not a productive place to work
Collector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 January 2018
I didn’t like working here, the atmosphere was not for me, the management was horrible gave me non stop grief about nonsense, overall I don’t have nothing good to say about this company as I truly hated working here
Pros
Cons
Overall bad comapny
Official response from MetCredit
18 January 2018

Thanks for your feedback, our goal is to provide all of our valued employees a positive work experience and job satisfaction. Please contact our Corporate Head Office at 1-888-797-7727 ext 2494

Stressful and unrealistic targets
Collector (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 October 2016
This industry (collections) is driven by meeting set targets, which are usually very high. It is nearly impossible to meet them and many people are let go of as a result. It is very stressful to work under such circumstances. Not many employees stay longer than 6 to 12 months here. Pay is low and hours are long. This is not the right fit for someone with a family or looking for future career advancement.
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Too Much Pressure
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2014
Worked for about 8 months, at beginning felt great, as the weeks went by, every month at least 8 phone call reviews...which always bumbed you out. Management too rude and make you feel so low that you just want to leave.

I had to quit, as I felt they were hurting my self esteem.
Pros
Free Refreshments, Freebies
Cons
Long hours, High Targets, Phone Call Reviews
Nice place
Skip tracing and collections officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga7 December 2017
Good place to start. Good work life balance.
Ample training given.
Proximity to work. No beaureocracy.
Good work timings. Manager friendly and knowledgeable.
a fast past and productive environment
Collections Agent/ Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  argentia and missigauga road18 March 2014
Daily responsibilities include calling clients with high or low over due balances and as siting them in reducing the balance owed

Working with this company one should expect to obtain knowledge in credit applications, quantrax and eqifax knowledge.

Management and co workers are easy to get along with as long as you are making sales and not taking their clients

The most challenging part of the job is getting the client to understand what neglecting to clear their outstanding glance will do to them but on the opposite side the most enjoyable part of the day is see a client you have spoken to, agree to clear their outstanding balance and
Pros
Shorten work period by and hour on fridays
Cons
will have to work every other saturday unpaid for
A day at Metropolitan Credit Adjusters
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 September 2012
On a day to day basis our responsibilities deal with contacting new business clients, advising about delinquent collection account, regulating disputes and dealing with outstanding balances. Overall the co-workers are amazing. The hardest part of the job i would say it working longer hours. Hours were day time however late night and a sat here are there was required in order to contact people in the evening and weekend times. After a few months however it because easier to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help people get their account out of collections. The people at the workplace are over all great and always try to teach you better ways of collecting and training is always available. Overall a lot of skills were received from this company like time-managements, organization, phone skills -both on phone and directing call-, dialing numbers as so on. Its a good company to work for to get the required skills for your upcoming employment.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
non-regular hours
Persue Excellency
Collection Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 August 2014
Everyday at work is a learning experience.
Learned couple of new portfolios and new techniques to increase productivity for my client.

Effective communication between management and peers helps to focus on the objectives and reach the ultimate goal.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when a debtor appreciates the call at the end our conversation and established trust.
Great opportunity to learn and harbess some skills
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2017
Hard goals, demanding hours, difficult calls, unique and frustrating scenarios are all present here. But with such experience comes even better resolve. Everything I know about effective communication, negotiation, data tracking and hard work came from here
Pros
Lots of room to grow and learn
Cons
tough job to do if you dont have tough skin
Productive and tough place to work
Settlements and Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 December 2016
Fabulous place to work. Hardest part of the job is collecting money from the debtors.

Otherwise it is not at all difficult.

As usual many of them are not interested in improving their credit score.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Very Long Hours
n/a
A/R Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2017
The staff and management is very professional. Lots of great incentives and work atmosphere is awesome. I worked there on two different terms. over two years.
learning experience
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2016
I worked for.met credit for about a week over all I have to say the staff was outstanding and there was a positive place taught me a lot about myself and realized it wasn't for me
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
long hours pressure in getting commission
competetive collection company
Licensed collection officer and Tracer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario17 January 2013
A well organised enviroment. Helpful co-workers and managers.
Pros
lots of company paid lunches and picnics
Collecting for Bell Canada & Bell Mobility
Collection Officer, Bell Canada and Bell Mobility (Former Employee) –  Bell, ON12 September 2014
- Train new employees
- Number 1 in highest commission collected $13,600 Commission
- Trace & locate Debtors, licensed across Canada
- Manage auto-dialer and manual collection processes
- Notify Debtors of overdue accounts and payments
- Answer Clients Inquires & provide Information
- Maintain records and files, Prepare Reports, Equifax and Trans Union reports
- Store update & Retrieve Financial Data
- Work with online accounts & systems, Perform general office duties
- Extensive use of Windows, MS Excel, MS Access, Outlook, Quantrax System, Attention to Detail
Horrible place to work
Creditor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2016
nothing good to say, its a terrible place to work. Just all around bad from the management to the day to day environment. Just horrible.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetCredit. Our community is ready to answer.

MetCredit Reviews by Location