MetCap Living Employee Reviews

Property Manager, High Rise Residential (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON12 June 2019
Inclusive work environment
Opportunity to work with subject matter experts
Challenging yet rewarding position
Professional and pleasant corporate office
entry level position
Evictions coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2019
this is a work environment for students fresh out of school and trying to get some experience. no room for growth and the salary is very low. It was not very fufilling
Review
Superintendent/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 April 2019
Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/positive
poor work life balance, non-stop stress
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2019
no work life balance, non stop emails and phone calls
late night tenant meetings, client meetings
no vacation, poorly paid
works towards tenant retention but very poor attitude towards staff retention
verbally abusive towards employees, uses vulgar language, very unprofessional
full of office politics
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
long never ending work, long hours, very stressful
Awful Managment and no training
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 February 2019
My interview with Metcap was very informal and short.
I was told i would be required to travel Dartmouth, HFX and possibly New Brunswick. In a financial state i agreed and hoped that they wouldn't send me all over the place.

I then had to drive to Burnside to request a criminal record check that i had to pay for out of my own pocket. I had to wait till this was picked up by me again over a week later.

I was placed in the lakecrest location that was busy and the person that was suppose to train me was continuously on the phone and running in and out of the office. I was shown how to put a lease into the system once and required to understand and be able to continue putting other leases in the computer.

My second day on the job i showed up to just the cleaner in the office and no one with me. HE (my "manager & the person who is suppose to be training me) showed up a half hour later to tell me to put another lease in the system and he was leaving. I had no idea how to run the office by myself as it was my second day.

The very nice cleaning lady showed me how to take payments for rent and just told me to take names and numbers for the complaints and inquiries.

As any person starting a new job training is your key to succeed. This was extremely upsetting and not professional at all. He called me 3 hours later i continued to tell him that i was unhappy being left alone on my second day with no training.he told me he had a meeting and there wasn't anything he could do. He told me he would be there in a few. I was not irate i was just upset at the fact i would be alone
  more... with MANY complaints to deal with (mice, ants and BED BUGS).

Over an hour later he showed up at the office and said " your not happy, give me the phone", i continued to give him the cell phone. He then dismissed me and told me my pay would be in my bank account next week.

I was completely floored at this response and took my things and left. I have never been treated so disrespectfully in my life!
Pros
nothing
Cons
terrible management, awful training and extreamly unprofessional
good to gain experience for those who are newcomers
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  North York, ON28 January 2019
Overall, had an opportunity to gain the experience with Canadian workplace. That was a good point to add in the resume. Other than that it was not bad.
Pros
I was working on my own as Property manager used to visit once a week
Cons
not a workable office
Just overall under paid
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton20 August 2018
You will end up spending your personal money on supplies to fix up the units and common areas while making minimum payment. If you are on disability and already have a steady income coming in then it could work but this on its own is not recommended.
Slave driving factory
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2018
No work life balance. If you are doing an accounting designation don't go here they will not sign your hours. Even if by some miracle they do it will be after the entire time you work there (no signing before then). Lots of overtime. You are treated with no respect especially by certain controllers. At the interview they seem nice but once you start everything changes. Do not work here..only up side is getting a few months experience to move on to something better. Don't waste your life here
Pros
Experience if you can put up w the huge overtime and disrespect
Cons
No work life balance, treated with disrespect, don't sign any hours even though they will tell you they will and even though you did the work
Great place to have experience from.
Revenue Accountant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
Huge work load, generate tremendous amount of experience dealing clients, controllers, JE entries, GL posting/adjustments, month end reporting, financial statements reconciliation and so forth. But at the end of the day work environment calms you down and helps to boost up the energy level.
Is a great place to work
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 November 2017
Mangament not there when needed and working 7 days aweek and not getting train properly on the equipment and getting in trouble for thing that u have not been trained on
Pros
Work trips
Cons
Not having time off
Worst job, low wage, long hours, high maintenance buildings
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario26 October 2017
The buildings were so old and needed constant repair. Some tenants kept damaging the property and kept leaving the place dirty no matter how much it was cleaned. Long hours compared to low wage made it difficult to properly support our family. We had to try and search for another part time job to work around this job. So, we had pretty much no personal life. Some tenants were sometimes threatening. Worst job we ever had!
Pros
Worked close to home
Cons
Low wage, long hours, high maintenance buildings, some tenants
Ideal for single only
ASSISTANT RESIDENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 October 2017
It was great working with this company I learned more on how to maintained the safety and cleanliness of the building. And I got to meet more tenants that are very considerate and warmed.The hardest part I encounter are the compact room that my stomach can not really handle. But aside from that I really enjoy my worked in this company.
Pros
Co-workers are really nice and great to work with.
Cons
No off day every other week.
Protect and maintain property
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Parkway Forest Community11 October 2017
Routinely inspect the building grounds, facilities, and equipment to determine if repairs or maintenance was needed; carried out all tenant requests within a reasonable timeframe; supervised all contracted service that was provided.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long houres
Overall Summary
Leasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 October 2017
Very hit and miss for how nice, accommodating and competent the management is. The overall structure of how things are run is a mess. Certain key members are very hardworking and top notch people but the experience is generally bad and depressing.
Worst job ever
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 October 2017
Don't do it. They will set you up to fail in anyways they can and you're always the one to blame when things goes down. Mine was a couples job and between us only made 26000 dollars. So 13000 each.
Cons
Biggest property management company in Onatrio
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2017
Managing complete operations for 370-unit apartment building, supervising assistant managers and maintenance staff, focusing to maintain excellent tenant/owner relations by implementing open communication at all times. Achieved 0% vacancies rate during operational period
Pros
Good experience, multi tasking
Cons
Low salary
Experienced company
Assistant Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2017
Not bad company. Now they also exclude hydro, but earlier it was not, which was better. I do not think that this new strategy is too optimal: they can better use modern equipment.
Fun place to work and support of management is evident
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 April 2017
Great company to work with.
Gives you training and believes in your capacity to do your job.
Appreciates your hard work.
Recognizes contributions to achieved goals
Pros
Very good working environment
Very Supportive Work Envrionment
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 March 2017
I can't think or say anything bad about this company, the only reason why I'm not there anymore is the building I was managing at the time had been sold. There wasn't any other positions open within the company. So i resorted to finding new employment else where.
Worst Managment Company ever seen, hreard of, worket in
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 January 2017
Worst Management Company ever seen, heard of, worked in

Salary so low, minimum wages, 30 000 for two people ,
Supervisors are not experience, a lot of politicos and not ethical work, CEO protecting woman who he likes and other directors too.
Over all very bad experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetCap Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9