METCAP LIVING MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

2nd wrost company ever
assistant resident manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 December 2019
we were in charge of 3 7 story buildings and 8 town homes, we were given a small bottle of pin-sol every other week to clean all of it... this was enough for 1 day.... we had to clean with dirty mop water to stretch it and used only hot water the rest of the time..

they told us they were going to do a criminal reference check on us, and after a week of working there told us that we were responsible to get them done our self and put us on suspension with no warning and no pay until we could we could get them done by getting our finger prints done with the RMCP....

very disorganized nobody cares about staff or tenants.
Learning experience dealing with people
Resident Manager/SupervisorWindsor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 November 2019
Live in position.You are given time to learn the position. They have a awards dinner at the end of the year. You have the opportunity to nominate a co-worker for award. They also give a gift to all workers at the dinner (jackets,winter coats) Over all not a bad place to work
They do not know how to manage projects
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2019
I wouldn't advise to work here , management has too many buildings for each building manager, some have 30 buildings to manage and Starlight keeps buying buildings and so all the responsibility of looking After the various renovations and contractors is on the resident manager , never see anyone in management come check on anything so it's a thankless job.
The people are amazing the pay not so!
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 October 2019
Loved working for Metcap wish they paid more
Amazing parties though and a day at Wonderland for the fam jam
The people was the best part if they paid more and checked in with employees every now and again it would work
Horrible place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS28 October 2019
Metcap should be shut down! Don’t live or work here ever. The places are infested and work never gets done they are better at f**king people over than actually doing their job properly or making tenants satisfied.
Would you like to be harrassed and intimidated?
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2019
The training was done over the phone. I was thrown to the wolves. The leasing director does not know what she is doing and she assigned important tasks without training and then threw me under teh bus in front of her boss. If you want to be harrassed and intimidated at your work place, come work for metcap.
NO appreciation.
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 September 2019
They are unprofessional and expect 1 person to do the job of 4-5 employees and work overtime with no bonuses or pay and never appreciate anything.

I was earning 36,000.00 plus a 2 bdrm apt and let me go for no other reason than I was too 'expensive'..... and replaced me with a couple for 24,000. 00.

Disgraceful.
a lot of talented knowledgeable people
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2019
hard to advance
co-workers are great
long long hours
favoritism
upper management does not have a real clue - relies on staff and other to carry her load...she lies
Tough work but learn alot
LEASING AGENT (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 September 2019
It was alright working for Metcap. Barely trained to know the field, wished I was provided with more training about the LTB and RTA but I had to go do more research on my own. However, wished the property manager spent more time dealing with big picture stuff than minor issues.
Not good company
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON3 August 2019
horrible company to work for.never fixing anything for there tenants there apartments are not nice the other staff is rude with tenants especially management
Unprofessional workplace
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 June 2019
Short tempered management with a tendency to relay blame. Offers no ongoing support or clear expectation of work. Manager showed many narcissistic tendencies and an extreme amount of mood swings. If anybody is looking for a career I would highly suggest not going here. It will do nothing but set you back a step in life. No consideration for wellbeing of employees or it's client/customers. Lunch breaks were offered but felt frowned upon when taken.
Pros
In office kitchen
Cons
Constant disruption making work focus more difficult
Very unprofessional company, Management has no respect for employees.
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2019
MetCap Living Inc, was definitely the worst company I have worked for!!! I was a rental agent for them, thank-god, it was for only a few months, Metcap living management and supervisors, treat their employees like garbage, absolutely I can say 100% they do not respect them and treat them well at all!
WORKING FOR METCAP IS LIKE WORKING FOR A DICTATORSHIP OR REGIME ENVIRONMENT!!!
Here are only some examples.
-You absolutely has no say in anything, meaning your opinion does not count.
-Regular basis of intimidation and fear from supervisors you are not doing your job properly.
-No matter what, supervisors will throw you under a bus and blame you for everything, even if has nothing to do with you, meaning out of your control!
-No matter what you do it is never good enough!!!!
-The supervisors are experts at making you guilty, again it has nothing to do with you!

PLEASE AVOID WORKING AT ALL COST FOR METCAP REGIME, DON'T GIVE THESE THUGS THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONTROL AND INTIMIDATE YOU!!!
Pros
Nothing good to say about them!!!
Cons
Please avoid working at all cost for metcap regime, Don't give these thugs the opportunity to control and intimidate you!!!
Run dont walk
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2019
Worst place I have ever worked
Was there for 30 days did not get one pay cheque until after I left and that took three weeks. Work env intimidation threats
Pros
non
Cons
everything
productive
BUILDING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2019
Nice workplace and ability to promotions in different management areas. Though there are a lot responsibilities. The salary is low compared to other jobs around the areas.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low sallery
Worst company ever
Arm tenants (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 October 2018
Unsafe .disrespectful company.if you make a complaint t they will fire you.want you to close your eyes do minimal work. Tenants do not matter to these people nor do their workers.should not be able to operate. Is appalling what they get away with.. RUN AWAY IF THEY CALL YOU.
Unless your homeles do not work for theses people
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 October 2018
I worked for them for 18 Months I was property manager
There was very limited work at the time so I took the job
I made alright money but the headaches are beyond what anyone could describe.This jo as resident manager is propley the worst
very low pay you work for free most tf the time as it salary
you live in the building and get a free phone .The phone nevers stops ringing and you work night and day. Then the leaseing calls at night because the leasing agents go home or they have none then you have to lease the units also. unless you have no place to live and no job do not work for this company .There building are mostly
lower end with a lot of housing or welfare. They are own by people in Toronto so you should google them before you even send in your resume
Pros
low pay
Cons
over worked
Rum dont walk the other way.
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2018
Company is for the tenants whatever.
If you are hard working, honest take pride in helping your tenants and the building while saving the company money this is not a company for you.
Pros
Tenanta
Cons
Management does not back employees
HORRIBLE comapny to ever work for
Senior Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 May 2018
Do not work for these people.
The Kitchener Property manager is horrible to her staff ,in appreciative and when push comes to shove she will throw you under the bus and accept no responsibility for the downfall
The owner of company ran down an employee last year.
Pros
no pros
Cons
Horrible job
Lots of room to grow!
Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
There is a lot of training offered and lots of room to grow. The building staff is like a big family! I have learnt a lot working here. It has been a very good experience overall.
Pros
Flexible Hours, free apartments
Bon dans l'ensemble
GÉRANTE D'IMMEUBLE (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 April 2018
Bon dans l'ensemble, bon support technique, aménagement des locaux ergonomiques, diversités culturelles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at METCAP LIVING MANAGEMENT. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9