Metasoft Systems Inc

Working at Metasoft Systems Inc: 18 Reviews

Canada18 reviews

Very friendly but professional workplace

My day starts at either 6am or 8:30am depending on opening or closing. Sometimes early shifts can be tiring, but it is a great workplace overall. Management staff always have answers to my questions which I can rely on. I am very grateful for the opportunities that I have been given at Metasoft Systems. Oh- and every month end, there is free pizza for the employees!

Pros

Great management

Cons

Early shifts

Work Hard! Have Fun! Make Money!

Really awesome organizational culture. CEO and all senior managers are dynamic, passionate, open and genuinely good people to work for. Each day is a new challenge, but I wake up with enthusiasm and give it my best.

Pros

Great leadership! Great customers! A purpose-filled job.

Hard work pays off!

At Metaosoft, those who can solve problems, show up with a can-do attitude, and enjoy helping non-profits can honestly say that their careers and incomes have seen a vast and often quite a rapid improvement/ascend. However, those looking for a steady pace - and, a 9-5 routine - tend to be disappointed given the extremely fast paced and competitive landscape. Lead generation rep to a COO, SDR to the #2 sales rep in the organization, receptionist to a multi-disciplinary team manager, and a coder to the Senior Director Software Development for multiple products - these are all examples of how talent and hard work is recognized and rewarded here by promoting within. That said not all is perfect on all fronts - and, hence a never-ending cycle for senior management to continuously learn and improve support and growth for the staff. I for myself ask the question daily:What can I do more for to improve the results for:- our valued non-profit clients trying to help their communities/cause- my hard working team serving client needs 24/7- my always-available to help boss Hence, process of growing personally continues after over five years of learning on the job. After all, "Where else would you get the privilege of working with such a great and inspired team while helping the world become a better place?"

Pros

Career growth, ability to help charities deliver essential services in their respective communities

Cons

No Easy button

Proven Sales Structure with Opportunities for Growth

I really enjoy working at Metasoft. The job is fast paced and provides tons of opportunity to advance your sales skills, and your career (I work in sales). It takes some time to understand how to sell to non-profits (a lot of listening, empathy, and encouragement) - but once you master it the job is very fulfilling. The product that's being sold is one of two available on the market - and FoundationSearch really is the best product (which often isn't the case when you actually sign up for a new job).Management is strict, but fair. You're expected to perform and follow the sales process that has been developed. Colleagues that have left or been fired are typically the ones that don't like to follow the process. This can take some of the fun out of the job, but I also know that when I start to stray from the process I typically see my sales decline - so a necessary evil. Colleagues are very friendly and helpful, there are a lot of seasoned reps that are happy to lend a hand.

Pros

Great location, friendly colleagues, great product

Cons

early starts, high performance expectations (not really a con but definitely a pressure), CRM is a bit clunky

Supportive Environment with Friday Pizza!!

I have worked for MetaSoft Systems for almost 4 years now, I find the job extremely rewarding; supporting non-profit Organizations and making sure they will grow and support people in their Community. Over the years I have worked for a lot of large Organizations and I was always looking for a way to give back to the Community and working with MetaSoft Systems I can say 100% I support people in need and I feel fulfilled in my job choice, I really feel I contribute to Society (which is very important to me) and I am proud of the job I do. I would highly recommend working for MetaSoft to anyone and I love that I work from 7:30 to 3:30pm, having evening and weekends off .. Amazing!!!

Pros

we have Free Lunches, and a Spin to win Prize wheel.. I won a 65inch TV

Good workplace

A typical day at work is always changing depending on the situation, so it's never a dull moment at work! Managers are good and answer your questions and concerns in a timely manner. Overall, a good place to start and be in if you're looking for experience in sales/admin in the non-profit sector

Lots of help from co-workers

I have been with Meta Soft for over 20 years and love working with Non Profits and helping them reach their goals. A typical day at work is connecting with the non profits and showing them Foundation Search the database that will help them raise funds. I have learned that working with non profits is totally different to work for companies as you become part of what they need to make them successful.Management guide you and then let you get on with it.There really is no hard part of the job as you are in control.Which also makes it the most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

social activities

High Commission Paying Job

Pros-Hours - 7 to 3PM - Monday To Friday-Commission Driven - Highest in the Software Industry-Conversion from USD to CDN on top of Sales Commission -Speaking with Non-profits for a great cause-Great product and features- Sales Contests are added Bonus

Broken culture

There's a high turnover rate for a reason. Per most software companies, they try and micro analyze all possible activities. Owner is out of touch but has okay management.

Pros

Working with NPO's

Cons

Micro management

Worked from home

Able to make my own work day. Was not managed well, not given instructions. the hardest part of the job was staying focused while working at home. I was never asked how much work I was doing.

Feel good sales opportunity -

What attracted me to the company was their unique pitch - make good money and do good. Metasoft helps non-profits around the world fund their find funding for their projects - the product is well suited to doing this, and funding is a critical need for almost every non-profit I speak with. The challenge is that you are not dealing with business people, but people on a mission, so sometimes your eofforts to sell take a back seat to more urgent matters.

Toxic Micro Management Disaster

This company needs a total overhaul from the top down. Terrible pay. Outdated systems. GM has no ability to manage or lead staff. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

A Day in the Life

Working at Metasoft was good for my career. I was able to move from position to position and promote within relatively short time based upon my achievements. While quotas and KPI expectations were unrealistically high for most sales professionals, they were achieved by a few. Those few were recognized and rewarded.

sales development representative

100% cold calling, too much micromanagement, training is helpful and good for the role, overall the company is an okay place to work for, extremely high turnover in the company, most of the people leave because the pay is too low, don't fall in the trap of making good commissions, on target earnings barely happen, in short you're surviving on part time pay base per month

Pros

monthly team lunch

Cons

too much micromanagement, low pay, for full time role they'll pay you part time base salary

Challenging workplace, but rewarding

Working at the nonprofit sector in sales comes with its own challenged as understandable. The daily routine consists of prospecting new clients every day and managing a full cycle relationship. Management does not micromanage but also doesn't offer much support.

Pros

free month end lunches, flexibility in work schedule for full commission

Cons

no stability in support from management and now work culture

Great people, terrible management

This job attracts very interesting and thoughtful workers, though many end up feeling used or abused by the management. The wages are incredibly low because they know people are looking for work and will accept anything for experience.

Very Rewarding Job

Working at Metasoft was a very rewarding position for me. The ability to lead a sales team of energized individuals selling software services that made a real difference to people and communities was great. The company cares about its employees and embraces a healthy work/life balance. They even allowed a large number of employees to telecommute for improved work/life balance. A great company to work for that has garnered many awards for the same.

Pros

Great work/life balance and worthwhile products being sold

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Passion for helping those in need all around the world

Calling Non Profit Organizations throughout the USA to see if they have urgent fundable needs. When speaking with CEO's, Executive Directors or Board of Directors is being able to present a solution towards their urgent funding goal and deciding if our resources could benefit them.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Commission only and very long sales cycles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metasoft Systems Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement