Metal Supermarkets

Metal Supermarkets Management reviews

Canada14 reviews
Great people, good management, good pay. Family run. Very flexible with a family first attitude. Staff are treated well. Everybody works hard and is recognized for their efforts.
Pros
Family run - great people to work with
Owner just dosent care about anything. Period. It was difficult getting things done when the owner dosent pay his bills and you cant get any materials. Employees were great to work with and the old manager was also a great person. Since i have left there is only one person left there and thate the accounting lady. Wdothey
I'll leave the personal details out, but this place was a horrendous place to work.
The work is hard, sometimes unsafe. The pay is low. Little opportunity for advancement.
Bad management (ownership).
The customers are amazing though. They almost make the whole thing worth it.
Stressful no team work lack of communication , I believe there were not any process of procedure to follow. I don't want to elaborate about this employer there is a clause in the EPM where you can be terminated upon your disability.
Pros
Cons
not a friendly environtment
Work in the fast paced Warehouse was hard, however time goes by quick.
I learned so many things about metals , production, fabrication and Sales.

The culture was very supportive, culturally diverse, new people were treated with respect and were allowed to make mistakes and grow from them.

The hardest part of the job was learning the computer system when I moved into sales, the ERP was in need of vast improvement or total replacement.

Managers were hands on and cared about their co-workers

The people I worked with and the friendly customer base were terrific.

I was sad to move on however, with Metal Supermarkets sales training I was able to use my experience, and land a management job in another industry.
Pros
Great hours, caring management, great sales experience
Cons
Terrible software, heavy lifting