Metal Supermarkets

Metal Supermarkets: 15 Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews

great work, consistent, steady and always learning.

great work, consistent, steady and always learning new things. learn how to operate equipment, understand shapes and sizes of materials. improving people person skills with customers.

Relaxed environment

Relaxed environment. My Manager is very easy going and the job is clearly outlined. No hidden agenda. You know what is expected of you. I would recommend this job to everybody.

Pros

Bonus incentives for production

Insights into Metal Supermarkets

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Good guys I worked with at Etobicoke

The head office needs improvement, but I enjoyed working there due to the team we had. The head office needs some better organization skills, and there should be more vacation days granted.

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day at work, great co-workers and a very organized work space. The hardest part of the job is the proximity problem; the company is too far from me.

Not a great place to work.

I'll leave the personal details out, but this place was a horrendous place to work. The work is hard, sometimes unsafe. The pay is low. Little opportunity for advancement. Bad management (ownership). The customers are amazing though. They almost make the whole thing worth it.

Good place,

Worked well but time for change! Worked with franchisees for training, set-up of locations, manged upstart and guidance during the early years and had a huge part of their success.

Not a good environtment to work in

Stressful no team work lack of communication , I believe there were not any process of procedure to follow. I don't want to elaborate about this employer there is a clause in the EPM where you can be terminated upon your disability.

Pros

Cons

not a friendly environtment

Many great things at Metal Supermarkets

Work in the fast paced Warehouse was hard, however time goes by quick.I learned so many things about metals , production, fabrication and Sales.The culture was very supportive, culturally diverse, new people were treated with respect and were allowed to make mistakes and grow from them.The hardest part of the job was learning the computer system when I moved into sales, the ERP was in need of vast improvement or total replacement.Managers were hands on and cared about their co-workersThe people I worked with and the friendly customer base were terrific.I was sad to move on however, with Metal Supermarkets sales training I was able to use my experience, and land a management job in another industry.

Pros

Great hours, caring management, great sales experience

Cons

Terrible software, heavy lifting

Great Group of people

Had the pleasure of managing these fine people. Miss you all wish I could have brought you all with me. The owner ensures great compensation for a unique fun job.

Learned many great things about metal!

A very good shop to work in with many locations worldwide so transfers are available. Worked with many great people who taught me many things about metal in the time I was there. Will definitely stay a customer for my projects.

Cons

Was quite far from my house, so it took almost 1 1/2 hours to get to/from work.

Great people, good management, good pay. Family run. Very flexible with a family first attitude. Staff are treated well. Everybody works hard and is recognized for their efforts.

Pros

Family run - great people to work with

Fast Paced

Very fast paced work. Heavy lifting and lots of cuts. Customers are usually pretty fun. So are the staff. Learned lots about metal

Pros

Entertaining

Cons

Heavy labour

good place

I loved working there. I would go back to them. most of the people were fantastic

Great starter sales job

Metal Supermarkets great place to work. If your a Junior sales or looking for more sales experience this is the place. You get to use cool saws for cutting, and learn every type of metal where other metal company's only focus on one line Metal Supermarkets carries them all. Great incentive bonus programs. Profit Sharing. Good store Managers. Good communication from warehouse to sales staff. Family environment. Indoors. , **Note this is not a scrap metal place this is nice clean, well organized place that sells NEW Metal *****

Pros

Great place to learn, Bonus, Profit Sharing

Cons

Might have to work a Saturday once and a while.

good company

Working at metalsuper markets was a good job met lots of people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metal Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement