Merlin Plastics Employee Reviews

Very good place to work, very fast paced
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC9 November 2016
This company has just opened it's all changing. Manegment is very understanding and is willing to help you as much as they can. The work can be challenging but with a little motivation and. Drive it's a place you can succeed.
Pros
There will always be work
Cons
Can be smelly
Nice Place Fast Pace
General Laborer & Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC30 October 2016
This place is a very fast-pace past environment which makes your day seem very short which I like. Machines seem to be state of the art which they keep changing and upgrading to make better. Coworkers are very friendly and a fun bunch to be with once they get to know you.

I know other people have said management don't care about employees but I don't see that at all. I have worked in other plants and this one the management seem to care a lot about the employees. They have had Free Hot Days for everyone, on your birthday everyone gets cake and even office staff come and sing Happy Birthday to you. They even had a mustache contest where the winner got a gift card and won pizza for their whole shift, Even Halloween contest where everyone gets a prize that dresses up and the have 1st, 2nd, 3rd place prizes. Management have always said hi to me and have stopped and talked/joked around with me on many occasions.

It is a fast-paced place so I can see it may not be for everyone. If you like keeping busy and work hard I feel it's a great place to work as coworkers and management are nice plus best of all you help the environment.
Pros
Great people, help environment, managers, hot dog days, birthday cakes
Cons
smell at times, forklifts
Productive and friendly
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2016
Monday -Friday,some overtime on weekend.To much noise and bad smell.Enjoyable part is Good team leaders and friendly people in every team.You learn all matter concerning making plastics flakes.Hard part is speed,for those sorting bottles or loading balls.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Changing shift Day-Night
Friendly atmosphere
Assembly Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary22 September 2014
12 hours shifts. 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am
standing for a long period of time

learned how recycling is a huge part of our life
co-workers diverse

hardest part of job ... short breaks for the time we spend standing

enjoyable the sorting aspect
Pros
friendly
Cons
freezing during the winter and very hot during the summers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merlin Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1