Merlin Plastics Employee Review

View all Merlin Plastics reviews

terrible manager .and use HR as sheild. dangerous toxic environment
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC22 July 2019
so many incidents/ accidents, plant is a filthy disgusting plastic dust particulate environment. Plant manager at new westminster is a slob/liar. Misleading , liar, mixed messages. If you get hurt by accident, expect toxic litigation, from HR under the direction of plant manager. They don't care about your health and safety . Millwrights spend most of the time cleaning garbage. Welders build useless things under direction of plant manager, example, like relocating big giant useless rack to outside from inside that could be dangerous, I hope a forklift does NOT hit and topple the useless 30 ft rack outside and kill someone. Why is it there?The forklifts only reach 12 ft height. yet plant manager puts a 30 ft rack outside to store things? I don't understand.why is it there? why? because manager has no previous experience in a plant. Merlin is the worst place I have ever worked. Plant manager changes game plan on impulse in a toxic way blames other people constantly for his problems,then only talks about other people as if he knows better than the accredited tradespeople. Plant manager ideas are infantile, moronic, shortsighted and even pernicious.HR are good soldiers to slob manager.#don't deserve better if they cannot stand up him. Plant toilets in men's room have been in disrepair for months. #To the CEO..Find new plant manager with previous plant experience. #drop the slob .
Pros
the only pro was I quit

Other Merlin Plastics Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Foreman / Plant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC19 November 2019
Management is an absolute joke, The worst run business I have ever worked for. The staff get treated like the garbage they are sorting.

Work was horrible, tons of rats, the washrooms are so bad you don’t want to go to the bathroom when you work. The staff room is dirty and people steal your food from the fridge.

PleSe don
Lots of work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC15 November 2019
I enjoyed working here. Lots of work and always something to do. The place can get dirty and smells at times which you should expect as it is a recycling plant. Supervisors are pushy sometimes but i think it's due to the amount of material that comes in daily and they want to get it all sorted. Office staff always seemed friendly and often smiled and said hi to me. Plant manager looks mean but is actually very friendly and seems to care. Company I feel does care they provide hot lunches daily for free and are always asking what they can do to make they job better and easier but it is dirty so i may seem like they don't care. Overall I enjoyed working here. Better forklifts as they are in bad shape and more clean up required daily and I believe would make it a better place to work at. Coworkers are friendly to you when you first start which made it easy to get comfortable. I very busy here with too much to do most of the time so you have no time to rest. Some coworkers are lazy and seem to get away with it so makes you have to work harder, I hope this changes. overall nice place to work but dirty and pay could be more as costs of living in Vancouver are crazy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merlin Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3