Merlin Plastics Employee Review

View all Merlin Plastics reviews

Nice Place Fast Pace
General Laborer & Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC30 October 2016
This place is a very fast-pace past environment which makes your day seem very short which I like. Machines seem to be state of the art which they keep changing and upgrading to make better. Coworkers are very friendly and a fun bunch to be with once they get to know you.

I know other people have said management don't care about employees but I don't see that at all. I have worked in other plants and this one the management seem to care a lot about the employees. They have had Free Hot Days for everyone, on your birthday everyone gets cake and even office staff come and sing Happy Birthday to you. They even had a mustache contest where the winner got a gift card and won pizza for their whole shift, Even Halloween contest where everyone gets a prize that dresses up and the have 1st, 2nd, 3rd place prizes. Management have always said hi to me and have stopped and talked/joked around with me on many occasions.

It is a fast-paced place so I can see it may not be for everyone. If you like keeping busy and work hard I feel it's a great place to work as coworkers and management are nice plus best of all you help the environment.
Pros
Great people, help environment, managers, hot dog days, birthday cakes
Cons
smell at times, forklifts

Other Merlin Plastics Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC28 October 2019
Job was fast paced. Hot environment, working with melting plastic.did move up to another position within the company which was cool. Super fast paced.
Last Resort
Sorter (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC21 October 2019
Company with a good cause to recycle plastic that is important for the planet. Not the best work environment to work at as it is not very maintained. The place is dirty, dusty and there are rodents that are attracted to the dirty smells. Not everyone speaks English too well and some people are friendly.
Some work practices are questionable and do not feel safe to work here. Have to work many shifts since people don't show up to work and it is constantly understaffed. The only good thing is theres free lunch as a work benefit and the job is meaningful because you are helping the planet. Working here is the last resort.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merlin Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2