Merlin Plastics
Happiness score is 36 out of 100

Working at Merlin Plastics: 41 Merlin Plastics Reviews

Canada41 reviews

Will not recommend

They are moody if you impress them you will be there otherwise they won’t think for a second to kick you out from there. You can learn but can’t grow

Lots of overtime; stressful & fast paced environment

Had some good times there with co-workers, but the difficult management and lies made it hard for me. Failure to delivery on managements end, and wages were not consistent. I hope things have improved, as there were/are good people working there.

Merlin Plastics in New Westminster is the worst place I’ve ever worked.

Merlin Plastics in New Westminster is the worst place I’ve ever worked.Extremely rude environment and one of the worst plant managers I ever seen.HR will be very friendly at the beginning. But after a week nobody cares about you.The people there is so depressed and I don’t blame them.

Pros

Free coffee ones per week. Some weeks not even 1 day Free parking

Cons

Toxic Environment, Poor Management, Worst Human Resources support, Dirty place and full of mice, Nobody Care about employees, unsafe work conditions .

It’s a very fun place to work and there is also barbecue party twice a year.

I am a Forklift/Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic currently, and I enjoy working at this company because while working here, there is no one over my shoulder to let me feel pressured or uncomfortable, just do what is required and practice safety first and you will be okay.

Pros

Live balance

disorganized and unfriendly

unsafe environment; overworked shippers and no dedicated pedestrian lanes. Management hostile, you will be screamed at for things you had nothing to do with, or did exactly as asked, or were given no instruction on and surprise its not what they wanted. Very few spare parts

Pros

Hours for apprenticeship

Cons

Everything else

Heavy labor when not busy on forklift

I was there for one month. The warehouse was too hot inside due to the machines running. The smell and the dust were too much for me. They’re was lots of gossip and people complaining about the job every single day. If you can handle working 10 hours, some shifts on the weekends, then I guess it would be okay. There is better jobs out there.

Pros

Occasional Free food, higher starting wage for forklift

Cons

Long hours, weekend work. Heavy lifting, cutting the bales is dangerous.

Exhausting

People always complained that their items went missing even though we had lockers, the women's washrooms were out of service except for one stall. If they notice you work hard they will over extend your limits and get disappointed when you can't live up to extending your labour even harder. I got put on machine and was told by the supervisor to leave a door of the machine open for cleaning and the next day I was kicked off the machine because management noticed it was open and blamed me, the supervisor didn't take any responsibility for it and i got demoted.

Job is mindless

This job sucks no communication properly on when u actually work could be any day it's supposed to be 4 tens but who knows when the days off are as long as u work 80 in 2 weeks don't post Nything don't tell u properly and if u didn't know and u made plans well ir gone

Pros

Cons

So mindless

disaapointed

very disappointed with merlin plastic they hired me a week ago and after a week they said you are not a good fit for the role as I was still learning the process and way their company work.

Pros

nothing

Cons

don't waste your time

Great place to work for

Lately wages have increased and feels better and fair. Workload is ok, management is great, people are willing to listen to your problems and be flexible with your schedule needs.4 days per week 10 hour shifts are great!

Gross, smelly, rat infested disgustingly dirty place to work.

Worked there for 4 yrs it's a dirty gross smelly place you probably will never feel excited to go to work every day, the pay sucks and management was horrible and bit very supportive it organized but on the plus side they provided you with a hot lunch every shift and the hours where consistent and most well some of the other employees were really nice. So if you like getting paid the bare minimum to do a extremely dirty God awful job for 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week EVERY week for the for see able future, enjoy a hot lunch and some friendly people then this is the perfect job for you.

Depressing

The work its self is very easy. but the culture there is super super super depressing. No one takes an effort to get to know yo. they don't bother really training you or giving you an orientation. they basically tell you where you work and then leave you alone

Totally disaster

This place is full of trash, rats and flies around you. The coworkers have no communications and some of them seems not happy and stressful. The management is a joke and they don't even care about the employees since most of the people will quit within one week or even shorter. For sure there are a lot of opportunities and OT since they always short of people.

Best place

I would recommend to join Merlin as it has the best work culture doing great job management is very helpful they approach all candidates personally to get feed backs great perks and benefits you can always reach out to management and Hr department for your problems

Pros

Great work culture

Management purpose

Management is very good and helpful in under the plant they provide proper help and training about every work ,i really like this job .HR jasleengill is really nice .

Pros

Good work

Awesome place to work . Recommended to. Everyone

It's awesome place to work . Plant manager and supervisor all are supportive . I would recommend this job to everyone who is seeking good opportunities .

Scary company

Worked at the Calgary Plant for 2 years. Managment seemed to have mental problems. Some employee's work against you and set you up for failure. Dangerous working conditions that you would be punished for if you complained. Bullying and Harrasment from mangment and employee's. It's like walking into a house of horrors.

recycling

slow paced environment, poor working conditions, poor management, not paid enough for the work load, communication is no key in this environment as it should be

Official response from Merlin Plastics

25 June 2020
We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Merlin Plastics is dedicated and committed to providing environmental services by recycling. It is a plastic recycling company which at times produces noise, smell and makes the environment stinky, run production schedule but we try to keep its working conditions clean and safe and we are proud of our employees who choose to work with us and contribute to recycling environment. Merlin Plastics values its employees and pays fair based on the work and the market standard. I wish you success in your future jobs and thank you for sharing the feedback

very demanding fast paced, dirty and dusty environment

It is a recycling plant. all things considered it is a good job. Management needs improvement. I was hired to do a job but ended up going to a completely different plant doing different work.

Pros

free lunch, faire wage

Cons

loose mangement, dirty, dusty and noisy

Fast paced, do your work

Management very thorough, will expect you to push limits and keep on trucking. They will back you as long as you are doing the work assigned. Will expect you to cover others when they miss their shift, cross training etc

Work culture is good. I feel comfortable and Training is provided from time to time. Better growth opportunity. Management is very cooperative and helping.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merlin Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement