Merlin Plastics Employee Reviews

Bad place
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Neeeesinster6 November 2018
Management is terrible only care about there bonus don’t care about there employees u are lied to about your wage just to get u in the door would be a great place to work if the people in chatge were replaced
Pros
Cons
To much to write
Dont ever take a job from these people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC5 October 2018
I am a trained mechanic and they wanted to give me 13$ an hour, so i took they slightly higher paying fork lift driving job.
They screwed me from the go. I was offered 18$ for driving a forkligt, when i came in to sign my papers they had dropped it to 14:50 with a chance of a raise everything month. We they also put me onto grave yard with a strange way to handle their shift premium. Basically 11pm- 5am you got the graveyard shift premium after 5am you back to day shift premium. They also only have one 10 minute coffee break, and one 30 minute lunch break.
Pros
i got to go home, i litterly told the boss five or sic times he is a fudgin r-tard to his face
Cons
Everything!
Terrible place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  351 gifford29 August 2018
Every supervisor has a negative attitude they should be reviewed and replaced with nicer more helpful employers who have a positive attitude they care more about production and could care less about their employees
Cons
Cheap company who will not pay overtime no paid breaks
working for jerks
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC13 April 2018
they hire from outside instead of promoting within.. they don't care about you as a person unless you do a very important job for the company and I cant work for jerks who yell at people everyday
Pros
nothing
Cons
stinks badly
Just great!
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC23 November 2017
Love working for this company! Lots of variety and the people working there seem very nice and helpful. I was able to get to know, and made friends, with many people.
Pros
Good management and supervisors
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Not a good,friendly enviroment to work in.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2017
Terrible company to work for.Long hours and they do not have respect for their employees as well as appreciation.The more work you put in is never appreciated.
Pros
50.00 bonus every two weeks.
Cons
Long hours and lack of respect
BEST Company!!
Sorter / General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Gifford7 January 2017
Been working there as a sorter, and absolutely enjoyed it!

It is a team work type of environment, which is what I enjoy.
Everyone is super friendly, and the company really cares about the health and safety of its employees!
Pros
Health and Safety is being taking seriously, family type of culture, very helpful especially when you're new
Cons
Old building and machines, but you'll get used to it
Very good place to work, very fast paced
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC9 November 2016
This company has just opened it's all changing. Manegment is very understanding and is willing to help you as much as they can. The work can be challenging but with a little motivation and. Drive it's a place you can succeed.
Pros
There will always be work
Cons
Can be smelly
Nice Place Fast Pace
General Laborer & Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC30 October 2016
This place is a very fast-pace past environment which makes your day seem very short which I like. Machines seem to be state of the art which they keep changing and upgrading to make better. Coworkers are very friendly and a fun bunch to be with once they get to know you.

I know other people have said management don't care about employees but I don't see that at all. I have worked in other plants and this one the management seem to care a lot about the employees. They have had Free Hot Days for everyone, on your birthday everyone gets cake and even office staff come and sing Happy Birthday to you. They even had a mustache contest where the winner got a gift card and won pizza for their whole shift, Even Halloween contest where everyone gets a prize that dresses up and the have 1st, 2nd, 3rd place prizes. Management have always said hi to me and have stopped and talked/joked around with me on many occasions.

It is a fast-paced place so I can see it may not be for everyone. If you like keeping busy and work hard I feel it's a great place to work as coworkers and management are nice plus best of all you help the environment.
Pros
Great people, help environment, managers, hot dog days, birthday cakes
Cons
smell at times, forklifts
Productive and friendly
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2016
Monday -Friday,some overtime on weekend.To much noise and bad smell.Enjoyable part is Good team leaders and friendly people in every team.You learn all matter concerning making plastics flakes.Hard part is speed,for those sorting bottles or loading balls.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Changing shift Day-Night
Friendly atmosphere
Assembly Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary22 September 2014
12 hours shifts. 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am
standing for a long period of time

learned how recycling is a huge part of our life
co-workers diverse

hardest part of job ... short breaks for the time we spend standing

enjoyable the sorting aspect
Pros
friendly
Cons
freezing during the winter and very hot during the summers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merlin Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8