Merlin Plastics

Merlin Plastics Employee Reviews

Featured review
Merlin Plastics selected this as a representative review
Love working for this company! Lots of variety and the people working there seem very nice and helpful. I was able to get to know, and made friends, with many people.
Pros
Good management and supervisors
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Job security is better, also no stressful work. People help each other. Management is cooperative and supportive. Safety first is practicable in Merlin.
Pros
Job security. easy approach, good working habits
Cons
Wet floors and no annual increase in pay.
This place is full of trash, rats and flies around you. The coworkers have no communications and some of them seems not happy and stressful. The management is a joke and they don't even care about the employees since most of the people will quit within one week or even shorter. For sure there are a lot of opportunities and OT since they always short of people.
I would recommend to join Merlin as it has the best work culture doing great job management is very helpful they approach all candidates personally to get feed backs great perks and benefits you can always reach out to management and Hr department for your problems
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Management is very good and helpful in under the plant they provide proper help and training about every work ,i really like this job .HR jasleengill is really nice .
Pros
Good work
Cons
It's awesome place to work . Plant manager and supervisor all are supportive . I would recommend this job to everyone who is seeking good opportunities .
I have great experience working in this company. HR is very nice and supportive. The lunchroom is clean and well maintained. I have great connections with my co-workers including my supervisors. I have everything I need to safely perform my duties. The work schedule is very flexible with guaranteed full hours. If there are any issues or whatsoever, the Plant Manager is always there to help. I recommend this company to anyone who seeks great opportunities.
Pros
Team Oriented, Great Opportunity, Supportive Management, Good Work Schedule, Supportive HR
Cons
Fast Paced Work Environment
Worked at the Calgary Plant for 2 years. Managment seemed to have mental problems. Some employee's work against you and set you up for failure. Dangerous working conditions that you would be punished for if you complained. Bullying and Harrasment from mangment and employee's. It's like walking into a house of horrors.
slow paced environment, poor working conditions, poor management, not paid enough for the work load, communication is no key in this environment as it should be
Official response from Merlin Plastics
25 June 2020
We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Merlin Plastics is dedicated and committed to providing environmental services by recycling. It is a plastic recycling company which at times produces noise, smell and makes the environment stinky, run production schedule but we try to keep its working conditions clean and safe and we are proud of our employees who choose to work with us and contribute to recycling environment. Merlin Plastics values its employees and pays fair based on the work and the market standard. I wish you success in your future jobs and thank you for sharing the feedback
It is a recycling plant. all things considered it is a good job. Management needs improvement. I was hired to do a job but ended up going to a completely different plant doing different work.
Pros
free lunch, faire wage
Cons
loose mangement, dirty, dusty and noisy
Management very thorough, will expect you to push limits and keep on trucking. They will back you as long as you are doing the work assigned. Will expect you to cover others when they miss their shift, cross training etc
Work culture is good. I feel comfortable and Training is provided from time to time. Better growth opportunity. Management is very cooperative and helping.
Management is very understanding, Give room to progress, Training and education are provided to the employees to further excel in career. Free food and a lot more perks are provided. The plant manager reaches out to employees for feedback and whatever he could do best to provide them a healthy environment. Everyone is treated like a Work-family. I loved working there.
great perks ie free lunches that are actually good and we get a Xmas party! I read reviews after working here I can see that the reviews are from angry people were probably due to people who didn’t want to show they were dedicated and willing to work as I found it easy to talk to management about any issues I have. Dam rats do pop out of this recycles but I see extermators coming and setting traps l hope they how soondisappear soon
Management is an absolute joke, The worst run business I have ever worked for. The staff get treated like the garbage they are sorting. Work was horrible, tons of rats, the washrooms are so bad you don’t want to go to the bathroom when you work. The staff room is dirty and people steal your food from the fridge. PleSe don
I enjoyed working here. Lots of work and always something to do. The place can get dirty and smells at times which you should expect as it is a recycling plant. Supervisors are pushy sometimes but i think it's due to the amount of material that comes in daily and they want to get it all sorted. Office staff always seemed friendly and often smiled and said hi to me. Plant manager looks mean but is actually very friendly and seems to care. Company I feel does care they provide hot lunches daily for free and are always asking what they can do to make they job better and easier but it is dirty so i may seem like they don't care. Overall I enjoyed working here. Better forklifts as they are in bad shape and more clean up required daily and I believe would make it a better place to work at. Coworkers are friendly to you when you first start which made it easy to get comfortable. I very busy here with too much to do most of the time so you have no time to rest. Some coworkers are lazy and seem to get away with it so makes you have to work harder, I hope this changes. overall nice place to work but dirty and pay could be more as costs of living in Vancouver are crazy.
Job was fast paced. Hot environment, working with melting plastic.did move up to another position within the company which was cool. Super fast paced.
Company with a good cause to recycle plastic that is important for the planet. Not the best work environment to work at as it is not very maintained. The place is dirty, dusty and there are rodents that are attracted to the dirty smells. Not everyone speaks English too well and some people are friendly. Some work practices are questionable and do not feel safe to work here. Have to work many shifts since people don't show up to work and it is constantly understaffed. The only good thing is theres free lunch as a work benefit and the job is meaningful because you are helping the planet. Working here is the last resort.
HR does not know what they are doing. Not professional, not educated in HR or just not good at it. Management not any better, they do not understand the labor market or how to treat people. Someone would have to be desperate to work here.
Filthy, smelly, dangerous, management is awful. A lot of rats. Locker room isn’t a safe place for anything. Things get stolen. Work environment is terrible
Pros
Cons
Too many
The traffic getting to this place is ridiculous you don't get a 40 Hour Work Week. The wages we're up to 18 bucks an hour and now they've dropped them back down to 15 and 16 again. 😂😂
  1. Employee reviews