Meridian Manufacturing Inc.

Meridian Manufacturing Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada46 reviews
it was good working at meridian. With good salary and benifits i enjoyed working there. Safety is priroty and plus training was always provided to all the employees
This company has a good place to work but some leaders are not fair..some are racist Half of workers at Meridian are Asians but leaders give favors to White Caucasians especially in warehouse.
Overall working with the company was very productive. Learned a lot of things and developed additonal skills on management, workplace safety and production skills.
Low wages, no raises given. They often have layoffs so always be looking for something else to do. Management is very poor, employees are treated poorly. At least they have benefits.
Cons
Poor management, layoffs
great plant manager,teamwork from the supervisors down through the ranks..friendly..ot was optional,. people said good morning to each other every day and they actually meant it! if you needed help ,just ask
good place to work at with good people. good place to start for working experience in the trade ......................................................
Fair and honest company that strives to produce a high quality product in a safe and clean environment. Over the years this company has developed and introduced new products.
During my period there I've learn how to work safe and efficiently, offtain times i would challenge myself to complete a work order which vares from 20- 30 pieces within a few hours. the parts itself was simple because most of the projects assemble in jigs. management wasnt the best but they still manage the work which was great for me. there was some slow days as well so we had to work according to our daily task. the enviroment there was okay, most of the workers and supervisors there were very friendly and heplful. the hard thing for me was, they under paid most of the workers included my self, and secondly some of the parts werent place were there should be located, sometimes it took most of the morning period locating the correct work order. but other than that the thing i most enjoy was there family socials. this is my overall review of the company.
great group of people to work with, fairly easy work once you get used to the speed that you have to work at. The pay is decent for the work that you do.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
early shift start time
They are very nice.. very careful.. the supervisors are very very good.

I enjoy working there because people really care about your well being. seek to help each other. It's very nice to work in such an environment.
Good to start to have experience and trainings in welding. Complete your apprenticeship and decide afterwards. Do not expect a good salary because they said they are in agricultural industry.
Typical day at work I would put my coveralls on get all my gear set up at the sandblaster. Then I would use the radio call the forklift guys to get the stuff I need to sandblast then I would begin sandblasting. I would sandblast the metal pieces and get the forklift employee to send it to paint-line to be painted. Some days I would work on paint-line depending if someone was sick or started late. I learned alot of tools and how to fix and dismantle the sandblasting equipment if something gave out or needed repairing I was also told that I had been there best sandblaster they ever had at Meridian and that the work was great. The job was nice until winter because it was outside, no stress, and had a blast doing what I did.
mostly in house tasks related to own product
fair treat fro everyone

good company to challenge your skills

fast paced environment

multicultural stuff and coworkers
I think Meridian is well managed company.
Team leader and line leaders are very kind and willingly to help some problem.

Coworkers are very friendly.

It is good place to learn Mig welding as beginner.
Some co-worker are good, easy to approached. some people are lazy.
Company has a good benefits. they provided safety boots a year. Health benefits are covers all you need.
Very good place to work. Management is approachable. Co workers is very helpful. Mostly Mennonite or likely to hire if you are a Mennonite. But overall it is very nice and safe to work.
Good management
They know what they are doing

Worked there for couple years

Had no issues

All stuff are willing to help when needed

Great wages as for labours

Skilled workers wages can be adjusted if proven experience be seen at worksite
I worked there almost 2 years. They like to over hire then let go of people. The management is not very good. Culture is very diverse. They do offer a reasonable wage. I never received an increase in my 2 years. There is usually steady work but it is agricultural based so this year there was lay offs
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Bad management
My only problem was with the ventilation. The workers are very nice and helpful. Over all it's a great place to work if you don't mined getting dirty .
Pros
Free pb&j
Cons
Bad ventilation
Excellent, privately owned company managed by a group of forward thinking individuals.

Great salary and benefits. Work vehicle provided.

Work/personal life balance is encouraged.
There was no security. You were written up at every turn. They did the permitting and then the drivers would get in trouble with DOT as proper permits weren't issued for the loads being hauled.
Cons
no security/blamed for things beyond your control