Meridian Farm Market

Meridian Farm Market Employee Reviews

Working at meridian was not bad for my first job. learnt how to talk to customers and wrap meat pretty well. Although it can be really hard on your feet, standing and running around for long hours without any breaks
Meridian was amazing! Everyone was so friendly and fun to work with it didn't even feel like work. They were great at training and would often cross-train across different departments to give employees more opportunities and so we could all pitch in and help a department if necessary. Honestly, the hardest part of the job was just dealing with rude customers. It was rare, but that's just customer service. Its family run and the head office were very involved. It was great having the CEO, CCO, and CFO work with us to better our own selves.
Pros
Friendly, Lost of room for opportunities, great teamwork environment
The people i worked with were amazing and the energy of the place was great coming in every day. Down sides: lots of drama. Id also have a million things to do, have more work thats not my job dropped at my feet and then get the store manager asking me why i didnt make sandwiches... I also got LAID OFF WITHOUT NOTICE AND WITHOUT REASON. They flat out refused to tell me why. This was during the pandemic too when i thought I was secure. Also a thing to remember is that the customer is always right.even if what they said was a lie. Or if they call one the sweetest coworkers i had a racist. She got no chance to defend herself or tell her side. She was sent home.
My job at Meridian was never too hard, and I liked spending time with the people there. I learned a lot about customer service, as well as how to adapt to new environments quickly. The management was never ideal to say the least, as a part-time employee I was asked to put work before school and the rest of my life too many times to count. Everyone was friendly and kind though, I made some great friends.
Great place to work, amazing staff, but for the amount of work done I feel as if some people are underpaid, especially when looking at other companies and their work to pay ratio.
What you see is not what you get. Store Manager isnt engaged, it's a very juvenile work environment. meat manager barely works. Deli manager is rude and aggressive. The produce manager is inappropriate and the last two grocery managers have been fired. Last grocery manager was actually engaged and made people happy and welcome and then gets fired because one employee didnt like them? I dont see myself staying here much longer
NOT recommended. I did enjoy the upbeat environment however, I was bullied & I reported it & I was fired for it when I took it to mgmt. The mgmt picks faves. There NO lunch room & just ONE toilet for all 50+ staff & customers to use. There are only four chairs in all of the store. Unsafe with how the pressure to perform outweights safety & creates some tunnel vision with department mgrs. Food product is tasty and comes from great companies. We were instructed to put out food to sell even AFTER it dropped on dirty floor... (5second rule) !? There is a lot of unsafe practices and the work environment is less than ideal.
Pros
Nice customers. Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Favoritism. BULLIES. Hard to please managers.
Working there was an absolutely terrible experience. The managers treated their staff like trash and there was always so much work place drama and bullying it was a toxic work environment and I would never recommend for anyone to work at any meridian.
Pros
I don't think I have any
Cons
Toxic work environment
did not like the management as well as the workers it is a drama filled environment they treat employees not the greatest, but the foods good and it is very fresh would shop here but not work here
I have learned a lot of new skills at Meridian. Meat-cutting, people skills, and customer service skills. My time there has been pretty enjoyable. It's a busy, fast-paced environment, but there are a lot of good people who work there.
Pros
Good friends, productivity, friendly customers
Cons
Some drama in the workplace
As a cashier I handled the customers and counted cash profits. I also cleaned and kept the store tidy. The manager at our branch picked blatant favourites and my co-workers we generally not friendly.
Cons
short breaks, small pay
It started off well enough. But for all their claiming to be a different place to work, they run things exactly the same as other places. Now they are beginning a cost cutting quest since the min wage is increasing. Raises are poor, will be poorer. Hours are getting cut. All this while the owners take multiple vacations a year and buy new vehicles. You are really just working to line the owners pockets. And you don’t get days off, you just work from home and wait for your phone to ring the whole time. If something goes wrong, the owners will guilt you. Everyday is just a test of how much negative feedback you can take from them. It’s crushing. Lack of paid vacation. No benefits. No reason to work here vs other opportunities. The salaries page is NOT accurate at all either. Much lower. NOBODY is actually full time. And everyone works at or around minimum wage, with management being paid much less as compared to other companies. With tiny bonuses.
Pros
The RETAIL FLOOR family is amazing
Cons
Ownership. And the fact that meridian gives you no reasons to work for them vs other jobs
I love my meridian family but getting time off from work and just the overall disorganization is the reason I am looking for another job. It’s hard to book days off, get shifts covered and my manager always seems to schedule me on days that I am not supposed to work and it’s very frustrating.
Pros
10% discount on all store items
Cons
Disorganization
Worked at meridian for a while now, I have learned a lot and met a lot of amazing people wth whom I work with, Meridian is a fun and outgoing environment with an amazing store manager, perfect place for a starter job! If you are a student meridian will try their best to accommodate you, but don’t expect to receive exactly what you want. Overall not a bad place to work.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Minimal hours
Employees are friendly and helpful, working atmosphere is pleasant. president of the company is very personable and has great aspirations for continued success of said company.
Pros
get employee discounts on everything store carries
Cons
not enough working hours
A typical day at Meridian is funny and exciting. I learned how to do an exceptional customer service. The Manager is friendly and works hard. The workplace culture is all about customers. The hardest part is close the store. The most enjoyable is open the store.
This is a great first place job. The management can be questionable at times, but for the most part it is a great place to learn basic work skills. The staff is very helpful and accepting towards new team members.
Customer service, quality control for food prep, maintaining displays of product. Absolutely the best meat products, at reasonable prices. Family owned, very hands on. Fellow associates, lovely group of young people to work with.
Pros
Employee discount, friendly associates as well as owners
Cons
No breaks on 4-5 hour shifts