Meridian Credit Union Employee Reviews

Friendly and professional work environment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 January 2019
Workplace operated in a professional manner in which clients were treated with respect. Communication from employer to employee was very respectable.
Enjoyable environment
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Union, ON7 December 2018
I love working for Meridian everyone gets along with everyone. We all get along for the most part. It is a good place to work if you like working in a team.
Pros
Hour Lunches.
Cons
Colleague who is always sick and never gets repremended for it.
Workplace Culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2018
Positive work environment, with an understanding team member who are always willing to help. Managers provided encouragement to new staff and facilitated their growth within the organization.
Pros
Excellent organizational culture
Cons
Out-dated softwares and I.T equipment
high paced environment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 October 2018
Meridian CU will challenge you to succeed and assist you in the development of your professional attitude of who you are in the workplace. Marketing or efficiency, or community outreach? Wherever you want to go, Meridian will find a place for you.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
heavy work load
Great people to work with and for
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Union, ON4 September 2018
I cannot express how grateful I am to have worked for a company so committed to me, my life, and my career advancement. The best part of working for this company was how often I was reviewed and received feedback on my performance.

I highly recommend working for Meridian Credit Union in any capacity, but, since Meridian is in a growth phase, especially the entrepreneurial-minded.
Great workplace
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 August 2018
Meridian is a great workplace as it provides good job security, great benefits, and an overall positive culture to advance in. It's currently a financial institution expanding rapidly.
A good learning place
QA Automation Tester (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 July 2018
Learned a lot of new knowledge everyday. I was more familiar with C# and React and some other kinds of languages. Had fun with coding. It was also a good experience to work with group members.
Service-oriented workplace
Financial Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Union, ON26 June 2018
Service quality is of high importance and you are expected to put the Members' needs first above all else. The workplace culture follows a mantra of "we've got your back".
Great work Environment
Contact Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON9 May 2018
This job is very flexible with work and life balance. Meridian strives to keep their employees needs at the forefront. Everyone is very approachable and friendly.
Open and collaborative workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2018
The Corporate structure of the company reflects the community centered approach of the company with its clients/members. It is a work family that you will love working with
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Union, ON25 April 2018
Good place to work. Salary is good. Not much to learn in terms of technology. IT department is small and not too many big projects are ongoing,so chances of progress is limited. Management is not much qualified
excellent employer
Financial Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON12 March 2018
Great employer. If i had not been going through a divorce, I would still be employed there. They do not offer tellers full time hours which is a downfall.
a great place to develop the skills needed to work in the finance sector
Teller/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
As a teller, I mostly dealt with customers and help them with their daily banking needs. I did such things as; performing withdrawals, deposits, Bank account changes, and etc.

My coworkers and managers taught me a lot.
Terrible organization
FSA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
Please don't leave the big banks to go to this horrible working environment. They don't have their members back. The management is incompetent. This organization is not sustainable.
Pros
absolutely none.
Cons
Too many to list
Great company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Union, ON8 February 2018
Great company. Very invested in helping you grow with extensive room for advancement. Team I worked with was very supportive and went out of their way to help.
Great workplace culture; community involvement
Executive Assistant to Executives & CEO (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 January 2018
Fast paced corporate office
Great workplace culture for employees
Collaborative
Push you to be at your best
Supportive of employees
Fully support and investment in the community
Pros
Great team
Cons
Management loves creative and friendly people
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 December 2017
Working in Meridian was perfect for me as it allowed me to meet new people every day and build lasting relationships with our members. As Meridian Credit Union is not like a typical bank, it is more built toward wealth management and we usually deal more with members nearing retirement or looking to solidify their savings accounts rather than just have an outlet for daily transactions. This allowed me to create close connections with them, as they would come in regularly and would always remember my face.
Pros
Great work staff, meet new people every day, never run out of things to do
Cons
Can be stressful
Great role
Financial Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Union, ON20 November 2017
Strong Community focus with a strong structure for money on deposit and lots of lending.

not very clear training, be prepared to be self motivated and check your own training.
Excellent workplace and corporate culture
SENIOR SMALL BUSINESS ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2017
Meridian is an excellent financial industry employer with exceptional morals and employee care. The work-life ballance was well ensured, and management truely cared for their staff.
Productive friendly environment
Teller (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 November 2017
Meridian Credit Union is an amazing place of work. Staff communicate well through different levels of authority and give their members an amazing banking experience.
Pros
Free stuff, less strict uniform
Cons
Boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2