Merck
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Merck Employee Reviews

Canada51 reviews
Great people and culture. I enjoyed working there from beginning to end. I had 2 kind and helpful managers during my 5 1/2 years.
I would highly recommend working at Merck. They offer a very competitive salary and bonus structure. Teams and management were at the top of my best companies to work for list.
Highly competitive work environment that is very dynamic and fast paced.
As a sales representative you are responsible for driving sales of assigned company products in a given territory. Merck's sales expectations are high and sales targets each year are very challenging to achieve.

As they say, "It's not the company and products that keep employees, it is the Manager". The only constant in Merck is 'Change' and that goes for Managers, as well. I have had a new Manager every 2 years, but they have all been good people I enjoyed working with.

The work culture is focused on being Competitive, Driven, and Focused. All the planning and analysis is on pushing hard to drive sales. As one Manager said, "There is no room for sales people who say they sell by being a nice person." Merck has professional expectations and the workload reflects Merck's commitment to excellence.

The hardest part of the sales job at Merck is the administrative work, data collecting, call input and expense reporting on company computer. The harder you work, the more computer work you have to do. The administrative work averages out to about 2 hours a day.

The most enjoyable part of working for Merck is the customer interactions. Merck's reputation is solid with customers. Customers hold Merck in high regard and the sales reps have garnered an image of being professional, courteous and knowledgeable. So, with the solid reputation of Merck, access is better than most other companies and customers more receptive.
Fast paced environment
An ever changing Pharma world. Fast paced, and very demanding, but also very satisfying. Good collaborative environment. Management needs to be more alert to employees level of stress.
Merck is a great place to work because of the quality of their staff and managers
I learned a lot with 4 new drugs to promote. Great collaboration from my team including MSL. Excellent manager in place who trusted my efforts and supported me.
Always open to new opportunities
Merck is an amazing ethical company to work for and I am honoured to carry their business card. Everything we do is based on what is best for the patient and what will give us the ultimate opportunity to help even more patients.
Strong ethics and client-focussed
The company has changed a lot over the years but the standards are very high and the name is respected. Recognized as an innovative and ethical leader with a high level of integrity.
Contract job
Contract job for 8 months - professional and provided solid training for short term contracts. Great colleagues and teamwork enabled for delivery superior programs.
Environement agréable
Une journée de travail typique, prendre des commandes
Pros
Bon repas a la cafétériat
Cons
pas de vacances quant on et contractuel
Tres Bonne Environnement de Travail
Tres Bonne Environnement de Travail
Salaire Excellent

Grande evolution au niveau Technique
Typical Day
Very independent place to work, I really enjoyed the products I sold and the customers in Western New Brunswick are the best. I really loved working with them all.
Pros
They hire great people.
Cons
Pipeline for Primary Care needs to improve
Great Company, good culture
Typical day at work entailed preparing and planning for the day, usually planned on the Friday of the previous week. Pre-planning was critical for business plan progression.
Management was very knowledgable and supportive.

Work Culture was good.

Every year Merck underwent restructuring in the 9 years that I worked there. This can be stressful for all employee with the uncertaintly of the company and your position.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
many changes yearly, new management, change of Directors
High performing environment and full of learnings
Customer centered environment

Innovation

Digital Marketing

Account Management

Sales Expertise
Pros
Incentives and Commissions
Mon meilleur emploi...
Belle culture d'entreprise. Travail/famille respecter
Always cutting jobs to appease shareholders
The company couldn't care less about its employees: always restructuring, always cutting jobs and trying to find ways to save every penny possible. Canadian affiliate was especially bad. Very bureaucratic environment. I've heard things improved since I left, so maybe it is not so bad anymore.
Pros
Good salary, good products
Cons
Unstable environment, don't care for its employees
for montrealers its great
Head offfice is in Montreal, so all of the fun benefits are there. For people working in the provinces not so great. Work life balance in Ontario is lousy. Managers ave lots of nepotism.it should be called Merck and Family
Pros
if you lucky theres a career
Cons
work life balnce bad
Fantastic learning experience
Merck KGaA was a formidable place to learn to work in group, with very strong culture and processes: that is where I grew the most in terms of team member and sense of responsibility.
Pros
Great school for work methods
Cons
The system tends to crush you if you stay too long
Enjoyed working there. They had good benefits and the people were great to work with. I found everyone very helpful and they treated me very well. There were many great perks.
Pros
Good People, Well paid, Good benefits and culture
Cons
Regular reorganization and annual staff reductions.
Très belle Cie
Presque parfait, le seul hic est selon la classe d'emploi et non pas selon la Cie. Le pharma est très instable malheureusement.
Environnenement de travail stimulant et agreable
Bonne entreprise avec ambiance de travail stimulante
Pros
flexibilite
Environnement de travail productif et enrichissant
Je recommande cette entreprise car elle m'a permis d'évoluer tout au long de ma carrière!
Extensive product support, great employee training culture
The position at Merck was the same at Impress Pharma. My training and experience at Merck helped me to quickly internalize the "routine" at Impress and effectively promote their product to health care professionals on territory.
Pros
Great product porfolio
Cons
patent expiry