Merck Employee Reviews

Always cutting jobs to appease shareholders
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada9 April 2018
The company couldn't care less about its employees: always restructuring, always cutting jobs and trying to find ways to save every penny possible. Canadian affiliate was especially bad. Very bureaucratic environment. I've heard things improved since I left, so maybe it is not so bad anymore.
Pros
Good salary, good products
Cons
Unstable environment, don't care for its employees
for montrealers its great
National Sales Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC21 March 2018
Head offfice is in Montreal, so all of the fun benefits are there. For people working in the provinces not so great. Work life balance in Ontario is lousy. Managers ave lots of nepotism.it should be called Merck and Family
Pros
if you lucky theres a career
Cons
work life balnce bad
Territory Manager, O.R. Division (Former Employee) –  Ontario5 January 2018
Enjoyed working there. They had good benefits and the people were great to work with. I found everyone very helpful and they treated me very well. There were many great perks.
Pros
Good People, Well paid, Good benefits and culture
Cons
Regular reorganization and annual staff reductions.
Très belle Cie
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC22 November 2017
Presque parfait, le seul hic est selon la classe d'emploi et non pas selon la Cie. Le pharma est très instable malheureusement.
Environnenement de travail stimulant et agreable
Specialiste en assurance Qualite (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 October 2017
Bonne entreprise avec ambiance de travail stimulante
Pros
flexibilite
Environnement de travail productif et enrichissant
Technicien de Laboratoire (Current Employee) –  Pas-de-Calais28 October 2017
Je recommande cette entreprise car elle m'a permis d'évoluer tout au long de ma carrière!
Extensive product support, great employee training culture
Senior Respiratory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Northern Ontario14 October 2017
The position at Merck was the same at Impress Pharma. My training and experience at Merck helped me to quickly internalize the "routine" at Impress and effectively promote their product to health care professionals on territory.
Pros
Great product porfolio
Cons
patent expiry
Awesome company, excellent colleagues!
I.T. Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 March 2017
Merck taught me invaluable life lessons.
I grew both as a person and as a developer, all while gaining life-long friends.
The support of all colleagues as I learned new technologies and adapted to corporate frameworks was astounding!
equipe de management professionnelle
Kirkland, QC (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 February 2017
ce que j ai appris le plus est de travailler avec confiance aupres de tous nos collaborateurs autant au bureau que sur la route.
Pros
tres grande liberte de creativite
Cons
peu de marketing
Excellence ambiance de travail
Représentant des ventes (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC10 August 2016
Très valorisant! Excellent soutien et formation plus qu'adéquate.

Want to know more about Merck?

Ask a question
Great research products, well received, innovative management.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 July 2016
My years with Merck were probably the best years of my career. Within 2 years I my work was acknowledged and was promoted into the Head Office in Montreal, where I was usually given every new challenge that came up. As such, I developed vast industry knowledge and a variety of skills. As Sales Trainer, I developed training material that was used for several years later. Many "firsts" as whenever there was a new position, I got selected for the job.
Pros
Exceptional research products, innovation
Cons
As in any large organization, politics.
work life balance
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC29 February 2016
great company to work for. great work/life balance. competitive salaries & benefits. the people here are polite, helpful and believe in team building. always encouraged to apply and grow with the company. managers are always available to speak with/suggestions, problem trouble shooting.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
difficult to get a permanent position
Project Manager for infectious disease studies
Senior, Clinical Research Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2015
This was my first job in Clinical Research. This was my goal as I obtained my Master`s degree in Pharmacology.
I reported to the Director of the department. The entire department of Clinical Research inspired me and reassured me of my career direction. My Director provided me with the autonomy and trust that allowed me to grow and develop leadership skills that proved to be of the essence in my career to date.
Productive and great professional development
MSL (Current Employee) –  Lisbon, ON20 September 2015
Great company to learn on the job, opportunities to work in several projects out of the functional area, with Regional Groups and several people with different backgrounds and experience.
Very pleasurable, clean environment. Highly professional coworkers, a lot to learn for a new person in Pharmaceuticals.
Drug Safety Associate (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Canada2 May 2015
Very satisfactory. Highly professional.

I have learned a lot. Very corporate. Clean, a lot of attention to health. Events related to health, life-work balance.

Precision, speed, professionalism are very common.
Pros
Often free snaks. A lot of attention to health.
Cons
Too corporate.
good work life balance
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC28 April 2015
People are professional and flexible on working hours. Great for work/life balance. A productive environment encouraging learning and career advancement.
bon travail
Électromécanicien (Former Employee) –  montréal canada28 March 2015
tous les employés travail avec sincérité résponsabilité jai travallé comme electromecanien je donne un coup de main au niveau de production en plus je répare la machine
Pros
l'ordre dans le travail
Cons
rien
Company with strong ethics and integrity
ASSOCIATE SALES DIRECTOR- ONCOLOGY (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario, Canada9 March 2015
Merck is largely a primary care organization and buts up internal barriers to getting things done quickly in the interest of customer value. Speed does not have to mean unethical nor wrong and the evolving competitive landscape requires adaptation which is more troublesome in a large organization.
Pros
Ethical and Makes Medicines that matter
Cons
Large and inflexible.
Merck Kuwait
Product specialist Kuwait / CRA Gulf (Former Employee) –  Kuwait10 February 2015
I did learn a lot in Merck
It is a great company to work for
It add to my knowledge & develop my skills in the best way.
I held a CRA position with Merck as part time in addition to my product specialist job where I conduct phase 3 & 4 trials.
productive
Financial Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2015
Enjoyed working in the field as I learn a lot by being there, my immediate supervisor has thought me a lot, I would recommend this company any one of my friends or family members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merck. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K