Merchandising Consultants Associates (MCA)
Happiness score is 76 out of 100

Merchandising Consultants Associates (MCA) Pay & benefits reviews

Canada74 reviews

Clear
2.9Pay & benefits

Being able to choose days and hours you want to work is very helpful when you have a family. Sometimes even with training information given was not enough to complete the assignment. When travelling I do not feel we were paid sufficiently, we were not paid for our driving time, which was necessary in able to complete our assignments.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

not enough training for some assignments

29 September 2020
Thanks for your review and feedback! We’re happy to hear that the flexibility of the job has been working for you as we pride ourselves on ensuring our reps have a great work-life balance. We do compensate for travel and we are committed to providing competitive compensation for all of our reps so we will take your feedback into consideration.

It worth it to work there!

The people who work there are very respectful for everyone. It isn’t boring cause everyday you have different locations and tasks. They reimburse for parking and commuting. It was the best experience in Canada!!

4 October 2021
Thank you for your review! We will pass your feedback along to the DM for Vancouver. Our managers are committed to providing our reps with the help and support they need, so we are so happy to hear that you've felt respected. We are glad you had such a pleasant experience at MCA!

Insights into Merchandising Consultants Associates (MCA)

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

low pay overall not good

spotty schedule costs you to work there, no future, no time to complete assignment throughly, technology is ancient and administrative duties are not fairly compensated on your own time.

30 April 2021
Thank you for your feedback. Work is project-based, and each call has paid administrative time built into it. We offer competitive compensation along with paid training and paid mileage commensurate with current gas prices. And do not forget the flexibility to decide how and when you work to fit around your life. We are always open to hearing how we can do better, so please feel free to contact us at greatplacetowork@mca.ca

Productive and collaborative company that cares about its employees

I worked for MCA on cosmetic relines for 2 years in a row. Throughout the time I worked for them, I was well-trained and paid well for the work I did. I maintained a good number of hours. The managers were supportive and if I had the opportunity, I would work for them again!

8 November 2020
Thank you for your review! We will pass your feedback along to the DM for Hamilton. Our managers are committed to providing our reps with the training and support they need, so we are so happy to hear your story! We will be hiring again for cosmetic relines in the next month or so, so please feel free to reach out to your previous manager or email us at greatplacetowork@mca.ca - we would love to have you back!

Amazing

Highly supportive environment! Good for a part time supplementary gig, work is fairly consistent and management is supportive as well. They have always been helpful and friendly, especially with me because I ask SO many questions!

Pros

Interesting projects

Cons

I have to do my own taxes!

29 September 2020
Thank you for your review! We will pass your feedback along to the DM for Duncan. Our managers are committed to providing our reps with the help and support they need, so we are so happy to hear that you've felt supported and heard!

running around in stores to find the price

I worked fir them for 6 months ,no training ,some information which doesn’t help , because in store it is total different . You are looking for prices , compare with flair, we have to calculate , dividend , etc to have the right price plus They pay only $ 15.00 , and to do around 400 items in 3 hours no more .if takes note then 3 hours to finish of course they will not psy , no milage paid , from store to the other , Psy will be late not what they said , ( if you do some mistake in price then you have to do again no pay ) they take you for granted , no wander people comes and goes, after few weeks or months . Do I recommend , on my opinion No , if the Individual want to work for nothing , running around without pay, sure go ahead .

Pros

Cons

No training properly in regard of prices, work stand on your feet more then 6 hours to finish the work, no pay more then 3 hours no pay milage .

21 October 2020
We would like to understand where the disconnect was with your experience. We do compensate reps for their mileage and pay for the total time spent in store working on our projects. We are always open to hearing how we can do better, so please feel free to contact us at greatplacetowork@mca.ca

Great atmosphw

Great management plenty of work the hourly rate is minimum but it is far better than no money The directives lay out the project requirements and must be adhered to

Pros

Plenty of work great management

Cons

Low wage

7 August 2020
Thank you for your review! We will pass your feedback along to the DM for Fraser Valley Regional District. We are committed to providing competitive compensation for all of our reps and will take your feedback into consideration.

see below

Not for the serious job hunter, this company will nickle and dime you. No paid mileage, lack of sufficient hours makes if very difficult to plan/budget your earnings as they vary greatly from one month to the next. If you have a mortgage, then this is not the job for you. Great for retirees who just want to get out of the house for a few hours. Earning from the job, will not affect your pension because the hours are so inconsistent.

Pros

Cons

no travel time or mileage paid ever

7 August 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We do compensate reps for mileage to stores, and since the work is project-based, weekly hours do vary, but we strive to allot all work fairly amongst reps. We are always growing our business, so more hours are sure to come! We are always open to hearing how we can do better, so please feel free to contact us at greatplacetowork@mca.ca

Part time employee

At first this company was somewhat decent to work for but since Head Office management changes a couple years ago it has been all down hill. Poor reimbursement for use of car, no raises or benefits and lately many "last minute" tasks that have to be done within 3 days, making it difficult for those who schedule their time for the week then are left shuffling things around.

7 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We do compensate reps for mileage to stores, and offer perks like flexibility, the ability to make your own schedule, and the opportunity to do all of your reporting from the comfort of your own home. We are committed to provide the absolute best service to our clients, and sometimes that means that we get requests for projects with a short turnaround time. Our awesome field reps always pull through, and if one rep can’t accommodate the short turnaround time, another rep will always be happy to help. We are always open to hearing how we can do better, so please feel free to call us at 1-800-465-4755!

Hours

Good company and you can make your own schedule and pick your hours good for 2nd job. Mostly go to walmart and canadian tire. They pay for travel km. Mostly just go a few towns over

7 July 2020
Thanks for your review and feedback! We’re happy to hear that the flexibility of the job has been working for you and that you’re able to stay close to home.

Fair place to work

I have enjoyed my time working for MCA. Management is helpful and understanding. Work is fun. The pay could be better. I wish there was more hours.

7 July 2020
Thank you for your review! We are committed to providing competitive compensation for all of our reps and will take your feedback into consideration. Since the work is project-based, weekly hours do vary, but we strive to allot all work fairly amongst reps. We are always growing our business, so more hours are sure to come!

Contract Work

This is a minimum wage contract position with little to no renumeration for mileage and travel time. The company expects the contractor to accept all work out on the schedule. If a revisit for a job is required, they expect you to do it in your own dime. The work itself is varied as there are many contracts the company lands. It is usually fairly easy work with flexible scheduling to suit the client, company and contactor. I have good communication with my district manager which is very helpful with this company.

7 July 2020
Thank you for your review and feedback. We do compensate reps for their mileage and are committed to providing competitive compensation for our field reps. We value your feedback and would love to hear from you to talk more about your experience and hear what we can do better! Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-465-4755.

Great workplace

I worked for MCA as a sales merchandiser. The hours of work were part time/contract work and I was able to make my own schedule and never worked weekends. The management team are very helpful and supportive. This job is perfect for someone who wants part time hours and a flexible schedule. The work is straight forward and enjoyable. Highly recommend this company.

2 December 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are so happy that our flexible approach works for you!

Good company and great management staff!

Lots of variety of challenges so my work day is always interesting. Tasks can include short term work (1-2 hours) or project work (5-8+ hours). Work is generally local to your residence.

2 December 2019
No two days are ever the same! So pleased you enjoy the variety of interesting projects.

Good place to work - management very fair Not enough hours -either lots of hours or nothing Enjoy the independence of the job On your own all day for the most part unless working in teams

Pros

Cons

non

17 April 2019
Thank you for the rating! If there’s anything that you need additionally from us, please let us know.

Great hours! Flexible! Great communication with DM and HO.

Wanted part work and I get part time work. Fast response from district manager and head office. Can work from 5-25hrs a week depending on season (reset season is busier). Very flexible and can work home life with kids around these hours. Pay is min.wage, but work is pretty simple. Some long days when doing resets, but only happens the odd month. If you are an independent worker, perfectionist and great problem solver, this job works well. You work alone most of the time, which I love! Get to know staff at various stores and build up great relationships with management.

Pros

Flexible part time

Cons

Some days can be long.

6 March 2019
Thank you for your feedback! At MCA we take pride in the development of our employees!

Flexible hours

Work independently with remote management. Flexible hours. Piece work. Some continuity. Must enjoy working alone with little management. Good support from manager as required.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

work alone - no co-workers

23 October 2018
Thank you for the 4-star rating! If there’s anything that you need additionally from us, please let us know.

Very disorganized company

Very difficult to get any training. I was not even started yet but people were contacting me because someone had told them I was a team leader. Getting paid was just as big of a hassle. Just to find out when pay day was turned into lots of frustration. I was only guaranteed a month of full time work. After that the hours were not known. I don't do well in these situations. The pay was horrible!

Pros

Cons

Security, training, support

23 October 2018
Thank you for your feedback! We would love to figure out where the disconnect was. Can you please contact human resources at 1-800-465-4755 .

High turnover rates and job loss

They spread out the work to a bunch of people, so you're only getting 5 hours when you used to get 20-40 hours a week. Will hire and hire and hire and hire because the people they initially hired aren't getting enough work and quit. Company doesn't prioritize or even recognize good work ethic from a good employee. Management is distanced and often rude. They miss payments very often even though your work is inputted through the computer, which should stop that from happening, and it becomes a long process to get paid which inevitably falls onto your shoulders to fight for your money. Would recommend if you want very scarce work and minimal hourly.

Pros

Can create your own work schedule. Work changes so you don't often get bored.

Cons

Hourly pay, turnovers, hours, management, compensation.

23 October 2018
Thank you for your feedback! We would love to figure out where the disconnect was. Can you please contact human resources at 1-800-465-4755.

Fine

I only worked for a short amount of time working with someone I had another job with. The work was fine my only issue was doing taxes through getting the T4A which was very difficult to process.

23 October 2018
Thank you for your feedback! Glad you had a great experience with our company. If there is any additional feedback to help manage the communication piece, please contact us at 1-800-465-4755.

most enjoyable is scanning items

auditing the pricing in all groceries stores ( Walmart ,Superstore,No Frills, Save on Food). Meeting with new friendly people customers.

Pros

paid by kms

Cons

short hours

23 October 2018
Thank you for your feedback! If you no longer work with us, please reach out to HR as our business continues to grow we are always looking to grow our workforce.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merchandising Consultants Associates (MCA). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement