Merchandising Consultants Associates (MCA) Employee Reviews

Flexible hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 September 2018
Work independently with remote management. Flexible hours. Piece work. Some continuity. Must enjoy working alone with little management. Good support from manager as required.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
work alone - no co-workers
Bon employeur
Marchandiseuse (Current Employee) –  QC18 September 2018
MCA offre un travail diversifié avec un avantage de taille: la possibilité faire son propre horaire.
Pros
Horaire
Productive and Fun workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON26 July 2018
It's the people that make this place worth coming to work. Management is great, so long as you show that you have the willingness to learn and the need to grow.

They'll invest in people with ambition.
Pros
People, culture
Very flexible
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON26 July 2018
Working for MCA has been a really good experience. I have grown a lot in my field and value the experiences I have gained over time. The best thing about working here is the people! Everyone is very uplifting and positive. Great place to learn and grow!
Pros
Accommodating
Cons
May have to travel to stores
Amazing work environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON26 July 2018
I have been working here for 4 years. Since then I have learned so much. I started off as a part time account coordinator and moved up to a National Account Manager. At MCA I have evolved and grown so much. Management is very understanding and always pushing for our success.
Pros
Amazing work enviroment
Cons
Distance
Fantastic Follow Up
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON26 July 2018
When you send in a request for sales, merchandising and audits, we contact the client within 24 hours. Sometimes we will contact you after you just pressed send and your still at your desk. Try our service and see for yourself.
Great company
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON25 July 2018
Small company that has grown tremendously ! Great management, and work life balance. Fast paced and always busy which I love. Only con I can think of is it the location is a bit far from home. They do offer their employees to work from home when needed and that helps the distance issue.
Pros
Working environment and people
Cons
Location is far from my home
Not your typical job
Représentante (Former Employee) –  East Hawkesbury, ON5 July 2018
I liked that job because it was on my time, I choose my schedule and priorities. The only thing I didn't like about that job is that you don't make a lot of human contact... your always on the phone or emailing to your supervisor and never meeting them.
Very busy and high stress but very rewarding
Regional Manager - Ontario (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON13 June 2018
Lots of travel, working in stores with reps. Hiring and letting people go. Responsible for all training.
The higher management were very personable and always there to confirm and approve last minute changes and decisions.
The hardest part of the job was recruiting people in the most northern and isolated areas of the north.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the job and everything that I was responsible for.
Pros
I was able to use my creativity to come up with the end results quicker and better
Cons
High Stress
Good Part-time Job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON3 March 2018
My experience with MCA was pretty good. Only comments would be there was not a lot of direction given and job turned into more than I had signed up for.
Very disorganized company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2018
Very difficult to get any training. I was not even started yet but people were contacting me because someone had told them I was a team leader. Getting paid was just as big of a hassle. Just to find out when pay day was turned into lots of frustration. I was only guaranteed a month of full time work. After that the hours were not known. I don't do well in these situations. The pay was horrible!
Pros
Cons
Security, training, support
great flexibility
Merchandiser/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 February 2018
This is a contract-type position where you work for a few hours per week depending on how many hours the representative is able to work. It is great if a person needs flexibility in their work schedule.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not enough work; disorganized in disseminating information to representatives
Environnement de travail agréable
Marchandiseur (Former Employee) –  Gaspé, QC22 January 2018
J’ai bien apprécier de travailler pour cette compagnie,et le travail était agréable
Le fait de travailler selon mon horaire était un gros avantage pour moi
Toujours quelqu’un à l’écoute en cas de besoin
High turnover rates and job loss
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2017
They spread out the work to a bunch of people, so you're only getting 5 hours when you used to get 20-40 hours a week.
Will hire and hire and hire and hire because the people they initially hired aren't getting enough work and quit.
Company doesn't prioritize or even recognize good work ethic from a good employee.
Management is distanced and often rude.
They miss payments very often even though your work is inputted through the computer, which should stop that from happening, and it becomes a long process to get paid which inevitably falls onto your shoulders to fight for your money.

Would recommend if you want very scarce work and minimal hourly.
Pros
Can create your own work schedule. Work changes so you don't often get bored.
Cons
Hourly pay, turnovers, hours, management, compensation.
Fine
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON5 July 2017
I only worked for a short amount of time working with someone I had another job with. The work was fine my only issue was doing taxes through getting the T4A which was very difficult to process.
fun and productive
Product Relines (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON28 March 2017
relines are simple and easy to complete. With a team, the work can be finished very quickly and is easy to pick up. Overall a good environment, only issue being that workers from the stores where you do the relines are often not helpful at all when you need it
Travail ou tu dois avoir de l'autonomie et de l'organisation
Marchandisseuse (Former Employee) –  Drummondville et les environs9 November 2016
Aller rencontrer les gérants des différents magasins où je dois aller faire des changements dans les produits. Et faire les changements que la compagnie demande exemple: enlever un produit qui ne se vend pas bien, rajouter un nouveau produit. Prendre des photos et envoyer un compte rendu à la compagnie.
most enjoyable is scanning items
Merchandising Full Book Auditor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2016
auditing the pricing in all groceries stores
( Walmart ,Superstore,No Frills, Save on Food).
Meeting with new friendly people customers.
Pros
paid by kms
Cons
short hours
Fun workplace
Contractor (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC20 June 2016
Show up to work and get to work not much communication.
Hardest part is no communication for long periods of time
Enjoyable part is you are done early
Okay work for part time workers
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bancroft, ON26 February 2016
Nice part time job to work as self employment. No benefits. There are short work hours. Sometimes it is very hard work. There can be a lot of paperwork to do which is not paid by MCA. A lot of hard working people here.

MCA expects you to be completely trained within the training time given. I had 1 day - although I had several years of experience working with other merchandising firms. I took a lot of notes.

I think they should provide extra money (even a base monthly amount) for all the time spent online retrieving information for jobs, putting in reports which are sometimes lengthy, uploading pictures and all the other time reading emails from supervisors, etc. Way too much time spent online which could otherwise be spent do more assigned jobs.

Best part of the job is working on your own if you like it.
Pros
better than average wage
Cons
short hours, no benefits, uses a lot of your personal time not paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merchandising Consultants Associates (MCA). Our community is ready to answer.

Merchandising Consultants Associates (MCA) Reviews by Location