Merchandising Consultants Associates (MCA)

Merchandising Consultants Associates (MCA) Employee Reviews

Being able to choose days and hours you want to work is very helpful when you have a family. Sometimes even with training information given was not enough to complete the assignment. When travelling I do not feel we were paid sufficiently, we were not paid for our driving time, which was necessary in able to complete our assignments.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
not enough training for some assignments
29 September 2020
Thanks for your review and feedback! We’re happy to hear that the flexibility of the job has been working for you as we pride ourselves on ensuring our reps have a great work-life balance. We do compensate for travel and we are committed to providing competitive compensation for all of our reps so we will take your feedback into consideration.
I worked for MCA on cosmetic relines for 2 years in a row. Throughout the time I worked for them, I was well-trained and paid well for the work I did. I maintained a good number of hours. The managers were supportive and if I had the opportunity, I would work for them again!
8 November 2020
Thank you for your review! We will pass your feedback along to the DM for Hamilton. Our managers are committed to providing our reps with the training and support they need, so we are so happy to hear your story! We will be hiring again for cosmetic relines in the next month or so, so please feel free to reach out to your previous manager or email us at greatplacetowork@mca.ca - we would love to have you back!
Highly supportive environment! Good for a part time supplementary gig, work is fairly consistent and management is supportive as well. They have always been helpful and friendly, especially with me because I ask SO many questions!
Pros
Interesting projects
Cons
I have to do my own taxes!
29 September 2020
Thank you for your review! We will pass your feedback along to the DM for Duncan. Our managers are committed to providing our reps with the help and support they need, so we are so happy to hear that you've felt supported and heard!
I have met 1 manager in person, and she is amazing. If I had more sales experience, I would take on more with her.I have done 1 other job with another supervisor/manager, and communication was awful, there was none. At. All. I have started another project with another manager, and again, communication, is awful. Emails aren't read, conversations aren't heard, its rather frustrating because these people are supposed to be there to "lead and direct" me. I cant do my job efficiently, if I cant communicate with my leader. I have management experience, and I know what you need to do to succeed and to help others succeed, so far, that is lacking.Sorry, because I was looking for a long term full time opportunity with the company, and this doesn't help me achieve that goal. Which sucks for me.
Pros
Great job, easy, flexible
Cons
No communication
I worked fir them for 6 months ,no training ,some information which doesn’t help , because in store it is total different . You are looking for prices , compare with flair, we have to calculate , dividend , etc to have the right price plus They pay only $ 15.00 , and to do around 400 items in 3 hours no more .if takes note then 3 hours to finish of course they will not psy , no milage paid , from store to the other , Psy will be late not what they said , ( if you do some mistake in price then you have to do again no pay ) they take you for granted , no wander people comes and goes, after few weeks or months . Do I recommend , on my opinion No , if the Individual want to work for nothing , running around without pay, sure go ahead .
Pros
Cons
No training properly in regard of prices, work stand on your feet more then 6 hours to finish the work, no pay more then 3 hours no pay milage .
21 October 2020
We would like to understand where the disconnect was with your experience. We do compensate reps for their mileage and pay for the total time spent in store working on our projects. We are always open to hearing how we can do better, so please feel free to contact us at greatplacetowork@mca.ca
Stay as far away as possible, from this joke outfit, unless you like to be taken advantage of, poor pay, very poor management, the supervisor in the east coast is a complete loser, no management skills at all, thinks she is all that, far from it, they are retail morons, could never get a real job. The so called Sales Manager is a twerp, has the small man's Napolean complex. Their biggest customer told me they have a nasty nick name for him, however never told me. No training, they lie, you need to constantly check your pay, they will short change you...a year ago they paid 46 cents a km, then went to 36, now their 33...and your first and last call must be 50 or more km's.
Pros
Sorry not a one
Cons
Unprofessional, Unethical
7 July 2020
We would like to understand where the disconnect was with your experience. MCA's sales management team have extensive experience and have a very good understanding of the role and the support needed for the field. The communication forums set up to share issues, ideas and experiences are very regular and open to all. We offer paid training, competitive wages and our compensation for mileage is commensurate with current gas prices. At MCA, we pride ourselves on ‘playing the ball and not the man.’ Please feel free to email us at greatplacetowork@mca.ca and we will connect you with the appropriate person to discuss the facts of your claims. We are always willing to listen, learn and adapt.
Great management plenty of work the hourly rate is minimum but it is far better than no money The directives lay out the project requirements and must be adhered to
Pros
Plenty of work great management
Cons
Low wage
7 August 2020
Thank you for your review! We will pass your feedback along to the DM for Fraser Valley Regional District. We are committed to providing competitive compensation for all of our reps and will take your feedback into consideration.
Not for the serious job hunter, this company will nickle and dime you. No paid mileage, lack of sufficient hours makes if very difficult to plan/budget your earnings as they vary greatly from one month to the next. If you have a mortgage, then this is not the job for you. Great for retirees who just want to get out of the house for a few hours. Earning from the job, will not affect your pension because the hours are so inconsistent.
Pros
Cons
no travel time or mileage paid ever
7 August 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We do compensate reps for mileage to stores, and since the work is project-based, weekly hours do vary, but we strive to allot all work fairly amongst reps. We are always growing our business, so more hours are sure to come! We are always open to hearing how we can do better, so please feel free to contact us at greatplacetowork@mca.ca
At first this company was somewhat decent to work for but since Head Office management changes a couple years ago it has been all down hill. Poor reimbursement for use of car, no raises or benefits and lately many "last minute" tasks that have to be done within 3 days, making it difficult for those who schedule their time for the week then are left shuffling things around.
7 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We do compensate reps for mileage to stores, and offer perks like flexibility, the ability to make your own schedule, and the opportunity to do all of your reporting from the comfort of your own home. We are committed to provide the absolute best service to our clients, and sometimes that means that we get requests for projects with a short turnaround time. Our awesome field reps always pull through, and if one rep can’t accommodate the short turnaround time, another rep will always be happy to help. We are always open to hearing how we can do better, so please feel free to call us at 1-800-465-4755!
Good company and you can make your own schedule and pick your hours good for 2nd job. Mostly go to walmart and canadian tire. They pay for travel km. Mostly just go a few towns over
7 July 2020
Thanks for your review and feedback! We’re happy to hear that the flexibility of the job has been working for you and that you’re able to stay close to home.
Good people to work with, however I found that MCA takes on to much as a company, adding new clients for sales and merchandising to visit however do not give aqueduct training on the tasks needed to be preformed for each individual business client, nor is there very good product knowledge training. They allow you to create you route/schedule however adding additional clients from different brands makes it difficult to give proper service and not get confused as to which brand you're representing at which store. I represented 2 different brands in the same commercial store which also made it difficult for those store managers to know which brand your working on that given store visit.
7 July 2020
Thank you for your review and feedback. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our field teams have the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful, so we are sorry to hear that you felt underprepared for your assigned work. We would love to hear from you so we can understand where the disconnect was as we always strive to do better! Please feel free to call us at 1-800-465-4755.
As an MCA rep, you have the freedom to choose when you work. It's a great job for someone with school-age children or a side hustle. The jobs are usually always changing, so it is never the same thing over and over. Management is incredibly helpful and supportive; understanding about things like family. I love working for this company!
7 July 2020
Thanks so much for your review! We will pass your feedback along to the DM for Stouffville. We pride ourselves on making sure all our reps feel heard, and we definitely understand that life happens. Glad the flexibility and variety works for you!
Great organization Communication is great and enjoy flexibility Would recommend to anyone looking for part time merchandiser position Location is usually within your living area Able to be flexible and help in other areas
7 July 2020
Thanks for your review and feedback! We work hard to make sure each rep’s territory works for them, and the flexibility of the job is a definite perk, if we do say so ourselves!
I have enjoyed my time working for MCA. Management is helpful and understanding. Work is fun. The pay could be better. I wish there was more hours.
7 July 2020
Thank you for your review! We are committed to providing competitive compensation for all of our reps and will take your feedback into consideration. Since the work is project-based, weekly hours do vary, but we strive to allot all work fairly amongst reps. We are always growing our business, so more hours are sure to come!
This is a job that can change every week as MCA represents a variety of clients. While you are expected to learn on your own with literature provided, the Alberta supervisor is always just a phone call away to provide and support or instruction needed.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not many hours
7 July 2020
Thank you for your review and feedback! We will pass along your feedback to the DM in Alberta. Thanks for being a great part of the MCA team!
This is a minimum wage contract position with little to no renumeration for mileage and travel time. The company expects the contractor to accept all work out on the schedule. If a revisit for a job is required, they expect you to do it in your own dime. The work itself is varied as there are many contracts the company lands. It is usually fairly easy work with flexible scheduling to suit the client, company and contactor. I have good communication with my district manager which is very helpful with this company.
7 July 2020
Thank you for your review and feedback. We do compensate reps for their mileage and are committed to providing competitive compensation for our field reps. We value your feedback and would love to hear from you to talk more about your experience and hear what we can do better! Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-465-4755.
Love working here! My direct manager is the best. Super accommodating, understanding and does not micro manage what so ever. Interview process was smooth and painless, other reps in the area were super nice and helpful too. The hours are great if part time is your thing. They run on contracts so certain projects come and go. Usually when one ends, a new project will start. I was never without hours which was nice. They pay for travel, printing costs and certain jobs get a base rate added on top of your hourly
7 July 2020
Thank you for your review and feedback! We will pass along your feedback to the DM in Nova Scotia. Thanks for being a great part of the MCA team!
It’s really boring honestly but there’s always something about finishing this job that’s so satisfying if you like to be in your own place but not caged off and like to organize then this is the job for you my dude
2 December 2019
We have a great variety of interesting work. Some projects play to organizational strength, others to creativity. No two days are ever the same.
I worked for MCA as a sales merchandiser. The hours of work were part time/contract work and I was able to make my own schedule and never worked weekends. The management team are very helpful and supportive. This job is perfect for someone who wants part time hours and a flexible schedule. The work is straight forward and enjoyable. Highly recommend this company.
2 December 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are so happy that our flexible approach works for you!
Lots of variety of challenges so my work day is always interesting. Tasks can include short term work (1-2 hours) or project work (5-8+ hours). Work is generally local to your residence.
2 December 2019
No two days are ever the same! So pleased you enjoy the variety of interesting projects.
When I worked at MCA it was like my second family. The work is stressful but with the right people around and unique jobs coming up all the time it was a wonderful atmosphere. The management team was very supportive and did some good things for their employees
2 December 2019
Thank you for the great feedback! We pride ourselves on supporting our teams.