Merchandising Consultants Associates (MCA)

Merchandising Consultants Associates (MCA) Employee Reviews

Canada52 reviews
Fair place to work
I have enjoyed my time working for MCA. Management is helpful and understanding. Work is fun. The pay could be better. I wish there was more hours.
work experience
Good people to work with, however I found that MCA takes on to much as a company, adding new clients for sales and merchandising to visit however do not give aqueduct training on the tasks needed to be preformed for each individual business client, nor is there very good product knowledge training. They allow you to create you route/schedule however adding additional clients from different brands makes it difficult to give proper service and not get confused as to which brand you're representing at which store. I represented 2 different brands in the same commercial store which also made it difficult for those store managers to know which brand your working on that given store visit.
Great Company to Work For
As an MCA rep, you have the freedom to choose when you work. It's a great job for someone with school-age children or a side hustle. The jobs are usually always changing, so it is never the same thing over and over. Management is incredibly helpful and supportive; understanding about things like family. I love working for this company!
Awesome company
Great organization Communication is great and enjoy flexibility Would recommend to anyone looking for part time merchandiser position Location is usually within your living area Able to be flexible and help in other areas
great supervisor
This is a job that can change every week as MCA represents a variety of clients. While you are expected to learn on your own with literature provided, the Alberta supervisor is always just a phone call away to provide and support or instruction needed.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not many hours
Contract Work
This is a minimum wage contract position with little to no renumeration for mileage and travel time. The company expects the contractor to accept all work out on the schedule. If a revisit for a job is required, they expect you to do it in your own dime.
The work itself is varied as there are many contracts the company lands. It is usually fairly easy work with flexible scheduling to suit the client, company and contactor. I have good communication with my district manager which is very helpful with this company.
Great Company, flexible hours
Love working here! My direct manager is the best. Super accommodating, understanding and does not micro manage what so ever. Interview process was smooth and painless, other reps in the area were super nice and helpful too. The hours are great if part time is your thing. They run on contracts so certain projects come and go. Usually when one ends, a new project will start. I was never without hours which was nice. They pay for travel, printing costs and certain jobs get a base rate added on top of your hourly
Neat-o mosquito
It’s really boring honestly but there’s always something about finishing this job that’s so satisfying if you like to be in your own place but not caged off and like to organize then this is the job for you my dude
2 December 2019
We have a great variety of interesting work. Some projects play to organizational strength, others to creativity. No two days are ever the same.
Great workplace
I worked for MCA as a sales merchandiser. The hours of work were part time/contract work and
I was able to make my own schedule and never worked weekends. The management team are very helpful and supportive. This job is perfect for someone who wants part time hours and a flexible schedule. The work is straight forward and enjoyable. Highly recommend this company.
2 December 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are so happy that our flexible approach works for you!
Good company and great management staff!
Lots of variety of challenges so my work day is always interesting. Tasks can include short term work (1-2 hours) or project work (5-8+ hours). Work is generally local to your residence.
2 December 2019
No two days are ever the same! So pleased you enjoy the variety of interesting projects.
Hard work and good time
When I worked at MCA it was like my second family. The work is stressful but with the right people around and unique jobs coming up all the time it was a wonderful atmosphere.

The management team was very supportive and did some good things for their employees
2 December 2019
Thank you for the great feedback! We pride ourselves on supporting our teams.
Opportunities to grow & develop
I joined MCA 5 years ago as a reline helper and then a Rep. I was given the opportunity to progress to a Supervisor, then District Manager and Regional Manager. Each step through the organisation was made with support, guidance and training from management, but with the freedom to add my spin and personality to each role. I was also given the opportunity to experience the role of an Account Manager to see 'life from the other side' and then use this experience back in the field. In my current role as Training & Development Manager, I am in the fortunate position of working with all departments across the business as we embrace the concept that it takes real teamwork from all parties to keep us 'Simply The Best!'

MCA offers opportunities to grow in terms of exposure to a variety of clients, projects and skills, with managers always willing to provide knowledge, insights and support.
Pros
Reps who have been with us for over 12 years says it all
Cons
Fast paced so you must be willing to learn & grow
Fast paced, fun, with excellent flexibility
I joined MCA 4yrs ago to help a friend with a reline. It was hard work but so much fun that I helped with a few more. The field managers visited the relines to get to know the teams, provide additional training, coaching & support. This is how I was introduced to the merchandising industry. I was offered the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and was able to use my previous work experience to suggest productive & more efficient ways of working. What impressed me most was how receptive senior management was to good ideas and suggestions, and how quickly they were to act on them. My manager was very supportive and always willing to chat with me and provide support where needed.
The variety of projects keeps the work interesting. I am able to work for different clients on projects that range from audits to mystery shops to cosmetic relines. Each day is a little different and it never gets boring. I work according to the schedule that I set and as long as my projects are completed to standard and reported on time, the work is consistent and very rewarding.
Pros
Varied, interesting projects with a flexible schedule
Cons
Can get quite busy at certain times of the year
Stay away from this company
Extremely Poor Management. You will wait for your pay, deal with incompetent leaders and management and at the end of it all they won't assign you any jobs. My performance? Top-notch. I pulled them out of a bind more than once, re-doing jobs that were totally messed up by other employees who receive regular assignments. If you want to enter the merchandising industry then use this company to train you (sort of), then move on to another one who will treat you with respect and pay you when you've worked. First time - waited 3 months for a missed pay. Still waiting for another payment after a month.
Cons
Poor management, clean up after other staff who don't do their job, wait for months to get paid
Dear Anonymous,

Please help us understand the reason behind your experience. We truly value our field team and have reps who have been with us for more than 12 years, who are still getting regular hours . Our managers only lower hours if the quality is not delivered despite continuous training and support delivered. MCA promises to deliver quality and hence keeps a strong check on quality standards of our reps.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Director of Operations if you wish to address your concerns. You can contact us at 1-800-465-4755.

Best Wishes

Team MCA
Do not train people
You are hired and thrown into the mix to figure stuff out for yourself. Very technical job. Alot of assumptions made that you know what you don't. Yikes.
Pros
Easy hire
Cons
No training, confusing info
25 July 2019
At MCA we pride ourselves on ensuring that our field teams have the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful. We would like to understand where the disconnect was with your experience. Please feel free to contact HR on 1.800.465.4755.
Over worked and under paid
No direction or training.....unrealistic expectations....area manager rude and not friendly at all. Just a horrible place to work.....very unprofessional
Pros
Cons
Everything about MCA
25 July 2019
Most of MCA's field management started as Reps and worked their way to management. They therefore have a good understanding of the role and the support needed for the field. We would like to understand where the disconnect was with your experience. Please feel free to contact HR on 1.800.465.4755.
Work when you want to work
It was nice to work when you wanted to. You also worked either on your own or with other people. You had to make sure you are prepared for each location. If you forgot something, like a print out, you would have to go home and print it out or do it at another time. It would be frustrating when you get to the location and they don't have the necessary product that needs to be set-up, which happened about half the time I went to certain locations. Must have a vehicle and a camera.
Pros
Work your own hours
Cons
No movement up the company
25 July 2019
Thank you for your rating. Our projects do offer a good mix of team work and working on your own.
Good place to work - management very fair
Not enough hours -either lots of hours or nothing

Enjoy the independence of the job

On your own all day for the most part unless working in teams
Pros
Cons
non
17 April 2019
Thank you for the rating! If there’s anything that you need additionally from us, please let us know.
earn some extra money
If you would like a job that has flexible hours, this is great. You can get involved in big or small audits depending on how much time you want to work.
Pros
learning how to use a tablet
18 March 2019
Thank you for the 4-star rating! If there’s anything that you need additionally from us please let us know.
Great hours! Flexible! Great communication with DM and HO.
Wanted part work and I get part time work. Fast response from district manager and head office. Can work from 5-25hrs a week depending on season (reset season is busier).
Very flexible and can work home life with kids around these hours.

Pay is min.wage, but work is pretty simple. Some long days when doing resets, but only happens the odd month.

If you are an independent worker, perfectionist and great problem solver, this job works well.

You work alone most of the time, which I love!

Get to know staff at various stores and build up great relationships with management.
Pros
Flexible part time
Cons
Some days can be long.
6 March 2019
Thank you for your feedback! At MCA we take pride in the development of our employees!
Great Atmosphere
Great company that cares about their employees! Management is great and there is always room for advancement. MCA has a great working atmosphere and company culture. They also provide a flexible fun working experience!
6 March 2019
Thank you for your feedback! Glad you learned a lot, at MCA we take pride in the development of our employees!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merchandising Consultants Associates (MCA). Our community is ready to answer.