Merchandising Consultants Associates (MCA) Employee Reviews

Great company
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON25 July 2018
Small company that has grown tremendously ! Great management, and work life balance. Fast paced and always busy which I love. Only con I can think of is it the location is a bit far from home. They do offer their employees to work from home when needed and that helps the distance issue.
Pros
Working environment and people
Cons
Location is far from my home
23 October 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! At MCA work/life balance is important to us.

Great company and work environment
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON26 October 2018
I recently started at this company & I absolutely love it! The management team has really cultivated an open and safe work environment. In addition, the staff is friendly and helpful. A few of the managers have already suggested that I go for a higher position. I appreciate that as a new employee I am already being seen as a permanent part of the team. Also, its easier for me to trust a management team that is investing in my personal and professional growth. This is an all round great company!
31 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! At MCA we promote a healthy, fun and productive working environment. We invest in our employees and love to see them strive and grow :).

Productive and Fun workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON26 July 2018
It's the people that make this place worth coming to work. Management is great, so long as you show that you have the willingness to learn and the need to grow.

They'll invest in people with ambition.
Pros
People, culture
23 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Glad you learned a lot, at MCA we take pride in the development of our employees!

Worse Company Ever To work for
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2018
They spread out the work to a bunch of people, so you're only getting 5 hours when you used to get 20-40 hours a week.
Will hire and hire and hire and hire because the people they initially hired aren't getting enough work and quit.
Company doesn't prioritize or even recognize good work ethic from a good employee.
Management is distanced and often rude.
They miss payments very often even though your work is inputted through the computer, which should stop that from happening, and it becomes a long process to get paid which inevitably falls onto your shoulders to fight for your money.

the District Manager of Edmonton Area Blame who they want to blame and the worker who always gets the work done ontime and follows directives always gets the blame and other co workers who are always late on work never get blamed, worse management ever, they dont know what is going on with there team. once your in the blame there is not talking to them to tell them the truth what they say goes, worse company ever in the Edmotnon,Alberta Management team
and the pay is so bad as your a independently contract $15.00 works out too be like $2.00 after you take your own taxes off dont work for this company they will screw you over
Pros
work your own schedule on your own time
Cons
messes up your pay and management and takes stores away from you
26 October 2018

Dear Anonymous,

Please help us understand the reason behind your experience. We as a company value our field team and have reps who have been with for more than 12 years and still getting regular hours . The only time a DM lowers the hours is , if the quality is not delivered despite continuous training and support delivered. The DM of Northern AB was a rep with our company for 12 years , promoted to Supervisor and a DM now . MCA promises to deliver quality and hence keeps a strong check on quality standards of our reps. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Operations Manager for Western Canada if you wish to address your concerns. You can contact us at 1-800-465-4755.

Wishes

Team MCA

Very busy and high stress but very rewarding
Regional Manager - Ontario (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON13 June 2018
Lots of travel, working in stores with reps. Hiring and letting people go. Responsible for all training.
The higher management were very personable and always there to confirm and approve last minute changes and decisions.
The hardest part of the job was recruiting people in the most northern and isolated areas of the north.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the job and everything that I was responsible for.
Pros
I was able to use my creativity to come up with the end results quicker and better
Cons
High Stress
23 October 2018

Thank you for the 4-star rating! If there’s anything that you need additionally from us, please let us know.

Flexible hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 September 2018
Work independently with remote management. Flexible hours. Piece work. Some continuity. Must enjoy working alone with little management. Good support from manager as required.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
work alone - no co-workers

Amazing work environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON26 July 2018
I have been working here for 4 years. Since then I have learned so much. I started off as a part time account coordinator and moved up to a National Account Manager. At MCA I have evolved and grown so much. Management is very understanding and always pushing for our success.
Pros
Amazing work enviroment
Cons
Distance
23 October 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! At MCA we see the value in our employees and importance of development.

Fun work and great people 😃😃
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 November 2018
I worked here from 2015 to 2018. My Manager is AWESOME, I can't say enough great things about her and she always tried to get me more hours. Traveling was okay as I had a small area to cover. Pay could be better. Variety of jobs was great. Co workers are wonderful people. Learned a lot and over all a great experience for me.
Pros
My manager and co workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Very flexible
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON26 July 2018
Working for MCA has been a really good experience. I have grown a lot in my field and value the experiences I have gained over time. The best thing about working here is the people! Everyone is very uplifting and positive. Great place to learn and grow!
Pros
Accommodating
Cons
May have to travel to stores
23 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! At MCA we take pride in our employees!

High turnover rates and job loss
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2017
Management is distanced and often rude.

Would recommend if you want very scarce work and minimal hourly.
Pros
Can create your own work schedule. Work changes so you don't often get bored.
Cons
Hourly pay, turnovers, hours, management, compensation.
23 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We would love to figure out where the disconnect was. Can you please contact human resources at 1-800-465-4755.

Fantastic Follow Up
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON26 July 2018
When you send in a request for sales, merchandising and audits, we contact the client within 24 hours. Sometimes we will contact you after you just pressed send and your still at your desk. Try our service and see for yourself.
Bon employeur
Marchandiseuse (Current Employee) –  QC18 September 2018
MCA offre un travail diversifié avec un avantage de taille: la possibilité faire son propre horaire.
Pros
Horaire
Not your typical job
Représentante (Former Employee) –  East Hawkesbury, ON5 July 2018
I liked that job because it was on my time, I choose my schedule and priorities. The only thing I didn't like about that job is that you don't make a lot of human contact... your always on the phone or emailing to your supervisor and never meeting them.
23 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Glad you had a great experience with our company. If there is any additional feedback to help manage the communication piece, please contact us at 1-800-465-4755.

Very disorganized company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2018
Very difficult to get any training. I was not even started yet but people were contacting me because someone had told them I was a team leader. Getting paid was just as big of a hassle. Just to find out when pay day was turned into lots of frustration. I was only guaranteed a month of full time work. After that the hours were not known. I don't do well in these situations. The pay was horrible!
Pros
Cons
Security, training, support
23 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We would love to figure out where the disconnect was. Can you please contact human resources at 1-800-465-4755 .

great flexibility
Merchandiser/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 February 2018
This is a contract-type position where you work for a few hours per week depending on how many hours the representative is able to work. It is great if a person needs flexibility in their work schedule.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not enough work; disorganized in disseminating information to representatives
23 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Would you mind calling us to discuss the challenges you have faced, your feedback is valuable.

Good Part-time Job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON3 March 2018
My experience with MCA was pretty good. Only comments would be there was not a lot of direction given and job turned into more than I had signed up for.

Environnement de travail agréable
Marchandiseur (Former Employee) –  Gaspé, QC22 January 2018
J’ai bien apprécier de travailler pour cette compagnie,et le travail était agréable
Le fait de travailler selon mon horaire était un gros avantage pour moi
Toujours quelqu’un à l’écoute en cas de besoin
Okay work for part time workers
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bancroft, ON26 February 2016
Nice part time job to work as self employment. No benefits. There are short work hours. Sometimes it is very hard work. There can be a lot of paperwork to do which is not paid by MCA. A lot of hard working people here.

MCA expects you to be completely trained within the training time given. I had 1 day - although I had several years of experience working with other merchandising firms. I took a lot of notes.

I think they should provide extra money (even a base monthly amount) for all the time spent online retrieving information for jobs, putting in reports which are sometimes lengthy, uploading pictures and all the other time reading emails from supervisors, etc. Way too much time spent online which could otherwise be spent do more assigned jobs.

Best part of the job is working on your own if you like it.
Pros
better than average wage
Cons
short hours, no benefits, uses a lot of your personal time not paid
23 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We apologize for the miscommunication calls include the 15min administration time, if this was not explained to you in your training please reach out to HR for additional feedback

Flexible interesting work.
MERCHANDISING REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB15 February 2016
I enjoy doing merchandising and price audits for MCA. The hours are flexible and the variety of jobs keeps the work interesting. There is nothing better than completing a job and having a satisfied customer! That is my favourite part of this job. The hardest part for me is working on my feet for long periods of time on concrete floors. MCA is a great company to work for.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low salary
23 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! At MCA we value and take pride in our employees.

Work hours fluctuate extremely between seasons.
RETAIL SALES REP (Current Employee) –  Ontario25 February 2016
They pay much less than competitive companies in the same field and they will only hire you as a contractor, even though it is really an employee position.
Pros
Flexibility
23 October 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merchandising Consultants Associates (MCA). Our community is ready to answer.

Merchandising Consultants Associates (MCA) Reviews by Location