Mercer

Mercer Employee Reviews

Canada42 reviews
Good school but little advancement
Mercer consulting is a great school when you come out of university, but you quickly hit a wall and there is little advancement opportunities... Also, management has changed a lot in the last few years and the culture is much different than it used to be.
Environnement agréable
Bon travail d'équipe, environnement agréable et professionnel
No possibility for growth. Awful management.
I was blocked twice by my direct boss for a promotion. She was the worst boss I've ever worked for. She wouldn't even let me take vacation when I wanted to. The work environment is awful; no one talks to each other. Management would give themselves raises and tell their employees that there was no room in the budget for raises. We had to pay for most of our own dental coverage and most medications as the health coverage sucked.
No work life balance and Toxic work culture
Pros

Location is very feasible

Wide variety of large projects

Growing organization

Cons

Management is very strict and prefers micro managing

No work life balance as management expects you to work at least 10-11 hours every day

Working from home is not encouraged by the management

Work flow is very old school and management do no encourage new changes

Management do not acknowledge or appreciate despite working hard

Working atmosphere is very stressful and fearful
Great for exposure for entry level but no worklife balance and poor pay.
As mentioned above, you get a lot of exposure to other large companies. However, the biggest problem is that there is no work/life balance and the pay is terrible.
Fun Rroject
We did data migrtion and application migration with triage of existing application . This was a non conventianl team working with new technology and trying all kinds of methods including Agile
Heaven for Type A Personalities
If you are a driven and motivated perfectionist, this is the place for you! A truly fast paced, demanding and high stress environment for those who thrive in challenging environments.

Mercer is generous with its work-life balance, and working from home is never an issue. Healthy breakfasts with plenty of fresh fruit are provided once a week and are a welcome opportunity to chat with coworkers.
world class organization
Mercer is a world class organization to work for. There is always challenging work and lots of opportunity for those willing to roll up their sleeves.
Pros
The diversity and professional maturity of the the employees are second to none.
Cons
Work / Life balance is something that Mercer makes employees aware of, but the companies goals and expectations may make striking the right balance a challenge a times.
Pension administration-Ok for a first job
Pension administration teams are ok if it is your first job. Definitely not the right place if you're looking for job/life balance. Who doesn't???????
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Salary
The Employee Freindly Giant from Australia :)
This employer gave the some great experience in Pensions Management and Health 'n' Benefits structure for its Australian Members, and our team was directly aligned with the Pension Management Team which was located in Melbourne.
Maison Mercer Night Club
Typical day at work involved prepping the nightclub for their weekly events. Tasks include: filling all the juice mixers, unloading and storing all alcohol deliveries, maintaining a standard of work cleanliness, assisting bottle service staff with their customers' tables, cleaning the insides and outside of the venue after each event.

Hardest part of the job was adjusting to the long hours, shifts usually ended around 5am.
Pros
long break between 10pm-11pm
Cons
Long overnight hours
Loved the learning environment at Mercer - lots of support from managers, great colleagues. Very collaborative team environment and fun. Able to take on new projects and move into new experiences whenever I "raised my hand". Tons of support whenever i wanted to learn something new and grow into a new role.
Pros
Ability to work from home when needed
Cons
Long work hours
A wonderful company but misses the mark on so many levels
It is a great organization but very much centered on Financial management. As a result a lot of the knowledge, expertise and skills of people are missed and lot end up exeting for better jobs.
You win a lot by joining Mercer but be ready to have a dollar sign on your head that will guide anything you do
Cons
complete lack of career progression or career plans
No advancement
Favoritism, no advancement, little training and little pay.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the employees, the co-workers.
Pros
Barely any calls come in, located downtown
Cons
Favoritism, no advancement, little training and little pay.
Excellente culture d'entreprise
Possibilité d'avancement latéral ou hiérarchique
Beaucoup d'ouverture

Beaucoup de renforcement positif

Personnes très exigeantes, autant pour elles-mêmes que pour les membres de leurs équipes

Collaborateurs ouverts et communicatifs, n'hésitant pas à clarifier les mandats autant de fois que nécessaire

Aspect agréable : malgré la grosseur de l'entreprise, beaucoup d'informations qui circulent à tous les échelons. On est donc toujours informés.

Aspect difficile : les échéances de toute dernière minute qui sont parfois très difficiles à gérer, car elles surviennent très très souvent.
Pros
Bonne Culture d'entreprise
Cons
Beaucoup de tâches "dernière minute"
Great Company
-Great company to work with
-Talented and Smart people works in the company

-Balance work Life

-Good Location

-Goof benefits

wall street life style, hard work
A well organized company with a fast paced working environment, with top of line professional business peoples, in financial district of downtown Toronto.
Good Company to work with
People are friendly and open. There's room to move laterally and vertically if you're a good fit. Retirement benefit is almost unparalleled.
Everyday is a day of learning new things and ideas and new process

- Management always support professional growth
It was the best job I had during my career. Interesting work, great colleagues, a terrific boss.
I was head of professional services sales for the group benefits business.

I worked with well educated, dedicated individuals who relied on me to teach and coach them on developing business with their client base.

I had a great boss who I got along with very well.

I was at Mercer for 10 years and leaned about selling professional services and client management.

The hardest part of the job was the - relatively rare - instance where we lost clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was developing relationships with clients, some of which became friendships which transcended the work environment.
Cool environment. Work/Life balance is good.
Company is good to stay. Not much work pressure..... Management is not much supportive. If your manager is good then all will be good.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sometimes weekends oncall work
Excellent
Learned a lot while working at Mercer, Great staff. Unfortunately. laid off. During my tenure I have gained enormous knowledge and expertise in the Human Resources filed.