Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz Employee Reviews

Canada110 reviews
The staff you work with are pretty great. Company culture is only starting to get better... but overall, you don’t get paid fairly, especially for what they expect from you. It’s definitely a good job to have on a resume. They definitely play favouritism too.
A lot to learn about managing staff and guests.
Use the foresight of experienced staff to move forward in a way that reflects the brand. Guests realise what they've valued in the past, you've abandoned them and lost their loyalty.

Pros
Best automotive brand
Cons
Just a number atmoshere
Great location and great staff. Salary is weak compared to the work needed. Management has lots of favoritism but that happens everywhere. Great benefits and if you show you want to grow, the opportunity’s will become available. It is hard to move up as it is competitive but eventually it will happen.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
I worked at Mercedes Benz Burlington for almost a year and a half. In that time they hired 2 GM's, and 3 service Managers.
The dealership would not book enough work for technicians to make money. I spent my first 6 months on an 80 hour guarantee, as if i started taking jobs from the other technicians, no one would be making 80 hours every 2 weeks.

It is a significant fight to get paid for warranty work.

Once Covid-19 hit, they laid off almost every technician, only keeping 2 techs and 1 apprentice on staff. I was laid off for 10 weeks with 0 contact from the dealership in the slightest. No call, text or email. At 10 weeks i contacted the dealer, and was told there is no eta. The technicians they chose to bring back were chosen by popularity with the General Manager and Owner, as they brought back techs who put out little to no work, and spent hours on their phone every day, Instead of technicians who had more training, Produced more hours, and had seniority, and im not referring to myself.

The technicians are great to work with, and are more than willing to help each other out.

Management on the other hand is extremely incompetent.
Pros
Great technicians to work with
Cons
Management will ruin your life without care.
Fantastic employer to work for. Great opportunities and looks after employees.
Promotes from within and supports employees offering training and employee perks
Pros
Global company
Cons
I have a set schedule that does not get followed. On my days off, my manager would contact me to come in while not getting paid overtime hours. I have learned many things at Benz that I did not learn in my 3 years in Business school. I learned the wrong things to learn the right things. The workplace is very competitive and stressful at times, but I could say that much of my growth can be attributed to this workplace. I enjoyed meeting people and the diversity of the team members. I also enjoy making connections with the customers especially those that are able to appreciate good customer service that ensures collaborative communication.
Didn't have a positive experience. Not a team environment, highly competitive, dont't really care about each other, insecure manager fears any talent.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours, competitive, favoritism, not a team environment, every man for himself
Management is horrible, there is no trust between managers GM and HR manager pretend to listen to employees but they don’t do anything about it.
Assistant manager if you get on her wrong side she will cut your hours off that you worked for and mess up with you and acts like there is nothing wrong! Even the GM,service manger know she does that. Do yourself a favour don’t work there.there!
Pros
Big dealership
Cons
Bad management
Conduire des beaux chars tout la journee, rencontrer des personnes célèbres et riches
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mercedes-Benz?
Nice people, loved looking at the cars. Boring job, hated working Saturday. Great position for a student.
Gossipy environment, sales team are babies and whine a lot. Exhausting listening to them cry about anything and everything.
Worst company with clueless management who are stuck in old times and make hasty decisions costing the business. The franchise dealers are so far ahead in their operations that is mind boggling
Pros
Working for Daimler, benefits, car
Cons
Management, structure, lack of progress, lack of resources
Great team, great product, great workshop. Fantastic place to work. All the managers are great. Usually lots of work to be done. Would highly recommend applying
The company does not value you as an employee. The fears of working for a dealer group all come to light with Weins. The turnover is ridiculous, explaining the constant job postings
month after month. Customers constantly come in and ask for employees who are no longer with the company after a month or so. Don’t waste your time.
i have been very comfortable working here at mercedes benz brampton. the staff the management and the dealer principle are amazing people and very helpful
Typical sales job
very cool management

very low profile of customers

do not have enough customer for sales forces

business casual dress up

customers are more friendly
Mercedes Benz tries to save Money as much as it can.
they don´t care About How many years someone worked there.

I was told not to apply anymore. Altought i was working there for 3 years.
I liked Mercedes benz because i had tasks that i knew i had to do everyday and was prepared for the tasks ahead of time for example i would make sure i had enough cars for the rentals and had them washed, gassed up and ready for the customer to take
Great place for hands on learning. Took in a bunch of information about the job as well as other peoples positions and how the entire business ran. Washed, and detailed cars. Drove them to be filled with petrol. Made sure to assist anyone when needed. The most enjoyable part was taking care of expensive cars and seeing the customers faces when they got them back in like new condition.
A great environment to develop yourself as a unique Sales Associate.
One must be able to work independently with little or no supervision support. The inventory is forever changing from in-stock items and relocation to new product release information.

The departments operate very independantly and one has to foster his or her own relationships interdepartmentally to gain traction to further support your clients changing needs.

As part of your personal internal store branding the use of multi-media strategies are often supported and creating content for youtube and facebook on a weekly basis is always a plus moving forward.

Dream and grow.
Mercedes-Benz est une entreprise de prestige dont nul devrait ce plaindre du travailler
Même si la production doit être un service d'efficacité et de rapidité
Pros
Entretien sur ta voiture
The benefits and the pension were very good perks of the job. Good managment support but a lot of pressure to perform and meet expectations. The culture of Mercedes Benz is very strong for the company and it wants you to be part of the brand.