Menzies Aviation Employee Review

View all Menzies Aviation reviews

Excellent knowledge builder
CFS Import Agent, Cargo handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2013
If only they had paid me more. No advancement, no raises and a turn over of staff that was ridiculous. Loved my work, Big heavy weight cargo for a 747 freighter. Qualified for Cargolux, British Airways and Thomas Cook. You name it we handled it. Cars, Horses, Pigs, helicopters, turbines and oilfield equipment and yes horse meat. I loved the challenge of loading and off loading, The winter was hard you had to be creative to the cargo into the building and then out to the aircraft. The small group of full time staff were experienced and we got the job done. Management was good on site however overall there was that work separation

Other Menzies Aviation Employee Reviews

This Job Is Not For Everyone!
Ramp Agent, Lead Ramp Agant, CNX Runner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2019
I worked here for over 3yrs. Towards the later half of my employment, 'management', would put me, my job and crew at risk of losing our jobs everyday.

They were operating outside of their guidelines and when I approached them about it several times it was swept under the rug.

It wasn't until I was fed up with the risk of not only myself but of others when I decided to call it quits. I couldn't bare the responsibility of something happening that was out of my hands.

Everyone's experience will be different I can say that.
If I had the opportunity to work here again would take it in a heart beat. Not every job will be easy but the issue here can be fixed with communication and eyes fixed on the prize.

You will not find a better airside company to start your aviation journey.

The pros out weigh the cons.
Its just a matter of 'what are you willing to put up with'.

What will you stand for.

Wish you all the best and hope your opportunity goes better than mine.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for advancement, Plenty overtime, Benifits, Good People, No Harrassment, No Negitivity.
Cons
Management Organization, Communication, Favouritism.
Worst company! Stay away !!!
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 April 2019
First of all the management in the passenger service department at Pearson is trash!! They hate and discriminate minorities especially black people. They will fire you just for speaking up for yourself! They have roaches and bed bugs in the crew room where we are suppose to hang our coats. The station manager talks sexually in the office which is quite disgusting. The supervisors has to kiss up to the management or else their job is on the line as well. They will mess your pay check up and won’t pay you properly unless you track your punch in and outs. They harass us as black people eveyday there and I’m just glad I left. Worse company I’ve ever worked for!
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
Racist and prejudice against minorities!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menzies Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.