Menzies Aviation Employee Reviews for Baggage Handler

Found 48 reviews matching the search See all 1,174 reviews
Company truly cares
Aviation Services and Airline Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON19 March 2019
Company truly cares about customer and employee experience. They have championed how to champion both realms to assure a positive balance meets operational standards.
Employment Standard Violations and safety concerns
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2019
This is a terrible place to work. Menzies Sunwing division sometime forces ramp agents to do work that they are not assigned to because they do not have enough staff members. They regularly miscalculate pay, do not keep up with lunch breaks, provide little to no training, and maintain a horrible work environment. This place needs to unionize as soon as possible to prevent workers from being exploited.
Pros
You get to work with planes
Cons
There are too many to mention.
Easy lay off. Small mistakes mean big ones
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 December 2018
Okay I can’t even tell you but I’m starting to hate it. I know this job is life and death but come on a mistake is a mistake. I got my third strike which could mean termination or suspension. As I’ve read some of the comments. A person said that one mistake could humiliate and dock you for the whole day. It’s true I just got a third strike because a stroller with a blue tag fell off the belt. As I’ve explained to the supervisor. I told him once I putted the stroller facing down on its wheels. It started rolling a bit then once I’d let go it rolled all the way down and fell of the belt. He said that it was on purpose plus irresponsible. From my perspective it rolled a bit and plus mistakes are mistakes. Tomorrow I have to face punishment. For your information no one even saw the stroller fell down except my co workers. They all made a big deal about it. Huh one time I even heard a lead tried to push a plane and eventually hit the plane with the push. Never even got a warning that shi.....
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Excessive work, They want it perfect everytime no mistakes
soso
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Pearson, ON13 December 2018
The management is bad and the place is not organized, people spend half of the time looking for tools or chucks and there is lot'f of resting time but very slow pace
great company
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2018
the work is amazing.i was treated with royality. mangement is very professional and courtesy. The pay rate climbs as you commit to the career with this amazing company.
Pros
Free food and free friends
Cons
nothing is bad.all is good.
dont get to pick shifts
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2018
was a hassle working here, got through on job training to find out they gave good shifts away to people that weren't performing so well on the on job training. Not fair at all for the people that actually were knowledgeable about the job.
Stay away from the joke of the airport
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2018
I worked for Menzies for a short period of time and then cut it out because this place is not fun to work at all. On a typical day you have to handle many domestic flights with cargos which are back breaking.

The training team is terrible. I had to wait months to get my DA (Driving license). I was chasing the trainer who neglected my phone calls. He even called me names and abused me while driving.

I had an outstanding lead though, he delivered an outstanding work and alwasy followed SOPs. He quit and so did I and all others in the same crew.
Good for entry-level position at airport
Ramp Agent (YYZ) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 April 2018
Training is pretty barebones, had only 5 days in-class training and 3-4 ish days on-site training. Hardwork is rarely awarded by management. Half of your co-workers are going to be lazy, and do bare minimal work, while the other half are hardworking. You will also on occasion, get idiots that will almost kill themselves by walking near running propellers of a recently parked plane (Q400).
Pros
lots of downtime in between flights, some discounts at selected stores and restaurants in the terminal, some good leads, nice workout
Cons
bad management team, unrewarded hardwork, low-pay, bad benefits
Terrible management that doesn't care about employees
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 April 2018
This company is run so poorly and management doesn't know how to do anything properly. I severly hurt my back while at work, and they are trying to deny responsibility because I didn't notice it was severe enough immediately after, and didn't report it until I was able to go see a doctor. I could barely walk and they still expected me to show up for work two days later.
Terrible company that does not care about their employees.
Only good for experience
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON18 March 2018
Management is not run well. They do not know how to manage crew and certain supervisors have favourites. The hard work you do for the company is not recognized. Get your raic and avop, then move somewhere else.
Pros
Experience
Cons
horrible work environment and management
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2018
One of the worst places I have worked at. The supervisors are unorganized and show a lot of favouritism towards some employees. Organization does not take health and safety seriously as workers would always walk around without full equipment. Filled a complaint once and was never contacted at all.
Pros
free time
Cons
everything about the company
An exciting and challenging job
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2018
Working at airport is very exciting and every task every day is a new challenge.

never get bored job

Kinda hard to work cold but amazing team.

great job
Pros
exciting, fun job
good review
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON28 January 2018
working at Menzies gave me excellent experience and i enjoy working for this company. they teach you all the health and safety requirement on how to preform efficiently and effectively while being safe on the job
Pros
Most days are easy going
Cons
working outdoors in weather conditions
Ok for a temporary Job
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2018
It is a good place to work for a short period of time. There is little room for promotion other than Lead Ramp Agent. You will meet a few good friends.
Pros
Overtime sometimes
Cons
Shift, Very Physical
My review of Menzies.
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON11 January 2018
Working at Menzies was great. The Menzies team was awesome, motivated and extremely diverse but also managed to fill the team with like minded individuals. Everyday on the ramp was a new challenge and never a dull moment.
Labour intensive
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2018
Too much labour involved. The pay was not sufficient for the amount of work as well as the hours. The hours were not compliant with your needs as well work condition
High Responsibility and Labour Intensive
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2018
Menzies is a very labour intensive company, especially as a ramp agent. You must be on top of flights coming in and flights going out. On time performance is a must if you want to succeed.
Fun, work outdoors,and free wifi
Ramp Agent/Baggage room (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2017
I love the outdoors and appreciated for menzies aviation for giving me three long years. I had to learn fast pace time consuming. I had to be called upon and be ready for transit planes arriving.
Pros
Free wifi, long breaks, and culture of team work is the best
Cons
hard work, low pay, and cancel of flights
Decent place to work, poor managment
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON23 November 2017
They put you through 2 weeks of training ( in class and OJT ) and once you're actually working, they don't value you. I worked for the company for a short period of time, and they terminated me even though i was working and doing what the job required. Overall, it's a fairly new company with people coming and going.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Weather, and poor management structure
Good company to learn to get into the Airport Industry
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON5 November 2017
Menzies did a good job with training new people and getting them to learn how to properly load bags. How to properly bring in air crafts. It was a good experience and I highly recommend it to anyone who wishes to learn how to be a baggage handler.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menzies Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.

Menzies Aviation Reviews by Location