Menzies Aviation

Working at Menzies Aviation: Latest Menzies Aviation Reviews

Canada221 reviews

Found 221 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,334 reviews

Very stressful work conditions

There is an extremely high turnover of employees due to low salary, poor working conditions and almost no on-site training. Flight benefits almost nil.

Pros

Diligent Co-workers (but don’t last long)

Cons

Menzies does not care about their employees

Fantastic manager and fun workplace

The YYJ station has one of the best managers I’ve ever worked with. Like with every workplace there are a few employees that don’t do anything and are too distracted by their personal lives but the tight team of colleagues I typically work with in my shift make up for it.

Insights into Menzies Aviation

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Multi cultural

Menzies provided a very open multicultural environment which allowed each and every work to feel welcome and at home when on shift. The management try’s their best to make everyone feel appreciated when they can

It is a very busy fast paced and serious job but it’s a lot of fun to fuel aircraft. The job is difficult at times but overall it’s a good group of people to work with

Pros

Weekly pay

Terrible management

The management is terrible. There is no support from management and the staff. They expect you to work split shifts. Then you hang around the airport in between for a few hours before the next shift starts. (With out pay). The staff have favourites and don’t treat the others fairly. We are always short staffed! Plus we had three different stations managers with three months. You are mentally and physically exhausted, you get yelled at my the passengers and the staff just lets it happen. When you’re delayed, you’re expected to show up for the best shift even if you’re not getting the proper time in between the shifts. ( for labour laws) unless you flat out tell them you’re not coming in until later.. plus they always get pay stubs wrong.

Fun workplace with diverse work force

Good company. Work force is diverse and management is very accomodating to employee requests with regards to vacations and emergency offs. Salary is balanced.

60% sleep, 40% work

As a ramp agent in this particular branch of Menzies Aviation, I'd say that as long as you know what your physical limits are, you should be good. I'm not kidding when I say that 60% of the job is you sitting inside a company vehicle waiting for every single passenger to arrive before you push/marshal the aircraft out. My only complaint is the management, though it really can't be blamed. Planes are always being delayed, cancelled or arrived early. Though, it'd be nice every there's a fixed schedule for every day of the week. Like sometimes, the morning shifts can start between 4:30AM - 6AM and ends between 9AM - 3PM. Again, I would blame the airline for such bizarre schedule. The reason I gave it a 3 star as my overall rating is mainly because of scheduling inconvenience.

Pros

Nice people, decent pay (mostly thanks to slow passengers), benefits are also decent

Cons

long hours (especially in bad weather conditions), will most likely come home sore, schedules are wack

Very tiring

Its okay but it can be tiring, they give you a schedule of what planes you have to offload. Some planes especially from the carribeans can have a ton of goods that are heavy

Fun to work but can be stressful and easy to get problem of screw up

It’s went alright. But it’s has high turnover. If you screw up, you get more problems. They did not train properly for bagroom. Use your manner and use your brain.

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

Several cons

I dont recommend this company at all

I met a lot of good people, but the management is bad and very unorganized. Other duties as assigned is a magical line that makes you to do everything.

Pros

Down times

Cons

Everything else

Ok place to work if your just starting out at the airport wouldn’t recommend long term commitment to this place.

Working at Menzies was alright. the pay compared to their competitors was horrible. They are constantly hiring new people as Most new hires don’t stay for longer than a week after being hired as the work they make you do for what their paying you isn’t worth it. You don’t get to pick your schedule as it’s solely based on seniority status. My advice is if your someone new to the airport come work here until you get your RAIC than find other opportunities at the airport.

Pros

down time

Cons

Everything else

Fun workplace with lots of downtime

As an aviation enthusiast, enjoyed working here, you get to meet a lot of people and work as a team. Schedules are a bit tough but other than that, working here is enjoyable.

Pros

Salary, and downtime

Cons

Schedules

fun place to work

Do get to learn new stuffs, lots of free times between flights. Some coworkers are chill in there most of the time,poor management,poor training provided.

If you ever wanted to be a circus monkey, here's your chance

the job itself is pretty easy and mindless. you load bags and drain the toilet and that is pretty much it. Pay is as good as the stuff coming out of the toilet. Lots of sitting around between flights and managers are for the most part pretty chill and cool. not much room to advance as I tried to learn skills and felt like i was brushed over by them in favor a lazy worker who took smoke breaks with our lead.

Overall fun place to work for starting

It is a great place to start in aviation I would say, you get to experience the fast-paced working environment in the large airport. Typical agent type of job, but most coworkers and lead managers were easy to get along with.

Trash

Trash place to work. Do not work here please. It’s terrible place entirely. The people are rude the management are completely f-ed up did you not care about your well-being at all.

Menzies has come a long way from where they were several years ago, management now takes interest in working side by side!!

The culture has shifted significantly, management is open to hearing feedback and they often come to help frontline employees which shows their commitment!!

Pros

Pizza parties, contests, etc

Worst company ever

Make sure you understand what your role will be in working at this company. This company has the highest turn over rate for a reason. They'll treat you like robots and couldn't care if you're injured. You'll be working out on the ramp constantly with very little time for a break in between flights.

Pros

Health benefits are alright.

Cons

The entire management of this company, the pay is far too little for the amount of work you'll be doing.

Overwork and unprofessional management.

If you are passionate of working in the airport and aircraft, avoid this company.Very stressful work. You will work in a 3 man team as opposed to a 5 man team that was stated in the job description. You cannot justify the pay and the work that you do in this company. Do not expect to be treated fairly. They are always short staff and people quit after a week after training because they always overwork people and they do not pay on time. If you do not care about your body being destroyed and be in a wheelchair in the future, this is the place for you to be.Management will ask you to do overtime and if you refuse, they will force you in the context that its a "mandatory overtime". They are very ungrateful and do not care about what happens to you as long as you get the job done. They are also very disorganized. You will hear lots of false promises so be warned.

Pros

You get to work with aircrafts

Cons

Overwork, Forced overtime, Low pay, Unsafe work, unorganized and ungrateful management

Good Place to be meet new people who are friendly but inadequate wages/opportunities

Passenger Service Agents are required to learn a lot of information over a month yet the wages are minimum wages for such short amount of hours as well. The scheduling can be messy working at inhumane hours such as 4am and then working same day at 9am-12pm and 9pm - 12am. Everyone is nice and very supportive and help you out with anything. Lots of downtime and time goes by quickly during checkin process and boarding. I enjoy the job but wish there was more opportunities for growth and pay rises.

Pros

Can fly discounted anywhere Westjet flies People are wonderful Lots of downtime

Cons

Underpaid Understaffed No opportunities for growth Holiday seasons are the worst times to work

Terrible job

The pay has never been enough, employees are overworked and underpaid. They have a hard time getting new people to stay because the job is abysmal.The place is disorganized and the management doesn't care about your well being as long as you get flights done. They will shove as much work as possible into your shift with no regard for the physical toll of doing flight after flight.Everyday the staffing situation gets worse and they put more work on their employees that actually stick around. This company is going downhill quickly, and I fear for the people who haven't jumped ship yet.

Pros

You get money like any other job.

Cons

Your mental health will deteriorate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menzies Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement