Menzies Aviation logo
Happiness score is 41 out of 100Low

Menzies Aviation Employee Reviews

Found 180 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,103 reviews

Fast paced

Good place to work if you love planes inspires you to become a pilot lol . Fast pace environment it’s a go go every time you work ! Depending on who you work with but with my experience our team was the best there was just sad we had to go due to covid !

Pros

Team work, fast pace

Cons

Working at nights

Dont work here

Use to be a great place to work, now don't bother working here, management is horrendous, they could careless about the employees. Will over work you and not compensate, HR is useless won't take any complaints serious. Gotta be bestfriends or sleeping with management to get anywhere.

Cons

over worked, long hours, no lunch.

dont work here

been with the company for 4 years,only given a raise once within those 4 years without any part-time benefitslack of professional management education with minimum career advancement. lack of human resources, must go through boss before HR and usually takes up to 2 weeks before needed to remind management about issues. boss cares for his own good and rarely for the care of his staff, looks to save money for his annual bonus!

Pros

a lot of sitting around

Cons

management

Productive and fun to work

I really love working at the airport it's fun and alot to learn more and more I got to greet passengers meet new employees on the other company I really eager to get the job and prove it the I am really a hard worker.

My boss is very funny person

It’s a good experience so far, my boss she is very friendly and funny. Overall, it’s not bad. At least, I learned a lot of new things. If we have any issues my boss will come to help immediately.

Air traffic ramp controller controler

This is a unionized job so they say. And it requires Hands-on experience and extensive training. Not everyone makes it. You are trained extensively. And there’s a lot of on the job experience you obtain. He work with different cruise and you have different levels of security badges. Sometimes I worked in incoming or should I say international incoming Aircraft department. I also worked in servicing aircraft. Both domestic and international. There were problems. They tell you you should not take any job unless you’re on train for it. That became a little bit of a problem. Otherwise the job is interesting but it is dangerous and requires your attention at all times. My initial boss was great. while I was excited about the job there were problems with it.

Pros

You’re providing a great service and working with other people

Cons

See union reps appear to be the same people that caused the problems

A good place to figure out your next step

There is no real opportunity for growth at this company. Management has no educational background, they do not attend workshops or aspire to be better managers. The co-workers were mostly retirement-age and absolutley miserable complaining day-in and day-out. All new employees have a high turnover rate due to not wanting to end up like their bitter co-workers.

Pros

Lots of downtime.

Cons

You're responsible for work that should be contracted out (landscapping, snow removal, filter cleaning)

If it works with your outside life and/or second job it’s great

(Not during a pandemic) There’s a lot of opportunity to make new friends, move up in the company and add skills to your skillset/resume. Plenty of downtime during break/ in between flights most days.You can accumulate vacation hours very quickly too.

Pros

A lot of downtime, Decent benefits

Cons

Not very flexible schedules if full time

Hard to belong

Not an overall bad experience. Need to prove yourself constantly! highly competitive and stressful at times. You have to pick the right crowd to hangout with to succeed. No learning curve, yet excellent managers in some departments. At the end it was a nice experience. However, some of the employees have very bad attitude towards one another and need to be trained on how to communicate and deal with others.

Pros

Manager

Cons

Colleges

Love the aviation life

I have been working at air since 10years in Dubai but When I join the Menzies aviation as passenger service agent in Toronto it is a different experience love the management staff they all helpful and they appreciate your work so today I am team leader with them so happy 😀

Jobs at Menzies Aviation

See more jobs

Relaxing Job As Long As You Get The Work Done

In the summer this job gets very hot because you are outdoors and in the winter it gets really cold. Job is fast paced when working but a lot of down time. Lead hands and allocators are cool as well. Some days are harder than others but most days are regular. Best job is connections, bag room runner or Cargo!

Pros

A lot of down time, more than a hour lunches

Cons

Weather conditions

No group work

Not good expriance; super stressfull job . No help what so ever . the co worker are super bad no respect to much tention ; its bad place to work the lunch room is made of steel the tables and chairs are desined not for rest at all its black steel net . so u cant set relaxed . it feels like slavery . no one is freindly . the company have alot of rules but 80% of the workers in the field they dont follow .

High turnover rate, vacancies always available

Worked at Terminal 3 at Toronto Pearson airport. Quite a lengthy trek in order to check-in. Always need to check-in on time via fingerprint scanner. Get assigned many flights per-day. It's back breaking work, dirty, on your knees, heavy baggage, sweating from the summer heat and no circulation within the baggage compartment of the 737 (especially the -800 series). Loud engines and running APU's will cause progressive hearing loss. Definitely explains the high turnover rate. On the flip side, you'll get quick progression from that. i.e. weekends off, mobility to other positions. I switched to transfer runner which was a lot easier and recommended to everyone. Best part of the job was the funny characters you met.

Pros

Quick mobility

Cons

Backbreaking work

Avoid this company

This company was ok to start but if you were to ever get injured god forbid they will lose all your supported documents and start blaming you that you didnt provide them anything. Its an extremely disorganized company and horrible management. Also, most coworkers that been here long do not follow any rules that we were taught during hiring process, and if you do not follow them you would get bullied constantly. Benefits were aright could be better.

Average company

If you don't have a problem with working hard, being on time and learning quickly you will be satisfied with your responsibilities. High employee turn over rate makes it a little challenging for others.

Pros

Has a close knit work environment

Cons

High employee turn over

Productive Work Place

Its a great place to work and really easy to get acquitted. Its also great working right next to massive airplanes every day and being able to call yourself an Aircraft Fueler was great.

The company is long gone in north America

Do not try to work for warehouse or office cargo cervices unless you are relative with somebody in there or your background comes with a certain Asian origin:)

Dont bother at all

Don't work for Menzies, for the same pay. apply to Air Canada and receive amazing flight benefits. Managers don't care about you here and just want you to work like slaves so they can get their bonuses.

Time management

As a feuler you will be trained of several different aircraft. If you don't know, call supervisor, they will come and help you until you know how to do it yourself. Follow guidelines and procedures and you will be fine.

Great place to start at the airport

I was an airplane fueller until being laid off due to covid 19. Loved the job, my coworkers, driving the fuel truck. I hope to go back sometime. They paid for training, I got my RAIC and AVOP through them. Full time hours with benefits.

Productive and fun loving env

Multi-cultural environment Friendly staff Flexible hours Medical benefits Dental Travel tickets Paid vacations Training Regular meetings for the update

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menzies Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement