Menzies Aviation Employee Reviews

Found 71 reviews matching the search See all 1,022 reviews
Terrible management. Little training, first to be blamed
Fueler (Former Employee) –  YHZ7 October 2018
Easy job, not enough employees, worked to death, zero appreciation for effort put in. Greasy tactics for advancing favoured employees. The worst manager anyone’s ever worked for, opinion shared with everyone else who works there. Thrown right into the job with minimal training, and most trainers despise training, if you make a mistake or damage equipment you’re humiliated and docked a day of work. Primitive work style. Schedule that hasn’t been altered in 14years. Not enough parking for every employee, risk your car being towed. Racism and sexism abundant.

Disgruntled former employee.
Pros
Lots of breaks
Fast paced and exciting
Passenger Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON6 October 2018
Check in for flights, board passengers and everything else in between. Learn new and exciting things every day. Shift work can be difficult but overall worth it.
excelente ambiente , profecional
Ramp Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa , Canada27 September 2018
Valor esta compania por su enfasis en siempre seguir aprendiendo y mejorando las normas de Rampa. para que cada dia sea llevado de una manera Profecional y segura
Pros
Excelente Compania, mucho aprendisaje constantemente
Cons
Podrian mejorar sus equipos de Tierra
Interesting job, fast paced, stressful at times
Operations Supervisor/Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 August 2018
Its great to work at the airport and watch the planes land and be part of why someone gets to go to work or on vacation. Without us fueling those planes no one is leaving. It's an interesting place to work for with changes happening all the time but somewhat slowly. It can be a fast paced environment with many challenges that you'll face. Over all I love it!
Pros
Love the airport and the job
Cons
pay needs to increase to keep good employees.
Bare-bones training, sky-high expectations
Office staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2018
The working hours were pretty long, but they paid overtime so it works out. The staff (non-management) were great to work with and very supportive despite being overworked.

However, the training was bare-bones. The turnover is high, and the very few people who sort of train you are always too busy to actually help you. They expect you to do the job of two and to know every task in 2 months (they won't even wait for the full 3 month probation period) on your own, or else they'll fire you. If you ask for help or support, you're not going to get it. The management will not give you any reviews, even if you ask for it. You'll only find out how you're doing when they call you into the office to fire you.

There are cameras all over the office, and one manager is particularly unpleasant and condescending. The employees admit to being overworked, and hard work is often unrecognized.

If you want to waste two months of your time, feel free to get a job here.
Pros
Good pay, ok benefits, good co-workers
Cons
Very heavy workload, little to no training, terrible managers
dont get to pick shifts
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2018
was a hassle working here, got through on job training to find out they gave good shifts away to people that weren't performing so well on the on job training. Not fair at all for the people that actually were knowledgeable about the job.
Poor management
aircraft fueler (Former Employee) –  YYZ21 June 2018
poor communication between the higher ups and the rest of the company, good training and trainers but management want you to work as soon as they can so they don't give you enough time to get trained...
Pros
parking and smoking area
Cons
not enough training
Not worth it
Ramp (Current Employee) –  Ottawa4 June 2018
Apply elsewhere this place is constantly so desperate they'll hire anyone..and because they're so desperate hope you don't have vacation booked or they'll deny it the day before...or try to if you have some balls to fight it.

Had constant issues with HR and having them complete paperwork accurately. Most of the time they seemed to forget about it or had no idea what they're doing to begin with. Station manager is a tool
Pros
Free coffee when it get to -40
Cons
Stay away from the joke of the airport
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2018
I worked for Menzies for a short period of time and then cut it out because this place is not fun to work at all. On a typical day you have to handle many domestic flights with cargos which are back breaking.

The training team is terrible. I had to wait months to get my DA (Driving license). I was chasing the trainer who neglected my phone calls. He even called me names and abused me while driving.

I had an outstanding lead though, he delivered an outstanding work and alwasy followed SOPs. He quit and so did I and all others in the same crew.
Fun and growth
Ranp services (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON25 April 2018
I love this company. . great job to field yourself into many areas of avaition. I learn a lot regarding load to unload. Great friends to meet and greet. I adore the bag room work area. That area is my favorite area. Great management!
Pros
Many breaks. Relaxing workplace
Cons
Still great no cons, flawless. I love menzies
Good for entry-level position at airport
Ramp Agent (YYZ) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 April 2018
Training is pretty barebones, had only 5 days in-class training and 3-4 ish days on-site training. Hardwork is rarely awarded by management. Half of your co-workers are going to be lazy, and do bare minimal work, while the other half are hardworking. You will also on occasion, get idiots that will almost kill themselves by walking near running propellers of a recently parked plane (Q400).
Pros
lots of downtime in between flights, some discounts at selected stores and restaurants in the terminal, some good leads, nice workout
Cons
bad management team, unrewarded hardwork, low-pay, bad benefits
Terrible management that doesn't care about employees
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 April 2018
This company is run so poorly and management doesn't know how to do anything properly. I severly hurt my back while at work, and they are trying to deny responsibility because I didn't notice it was severe enough immediately after, and didn't report it until I was able to go see a doctor. I could barely walk and they still expected me to show up for work two days later.
Terrible company that does not care about their employees.
Only good for experience
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON18 March 2018
Management is not run well. They do not know how to manage crew and certain supervisors have favourites. The hard work you do for the company is not recognized. Get your raic and avop, then move somewhere else.
Pros
Experience
Cons
horrible work environment and management
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2018
One of the worst places I have worked at. The supervisors are unorganized and show a lot of favouritism towards some employees. Organization does not take health and safety seriously as workers would always walk around without full equipment. Filled a complaint once and was never contacted at all.
Pros
free time
Cons
everything about the company
Deal with Inbound and outbound shipments
Air Cargo Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 March 2018
Provide import and export documentation support for Air Operation Team.
Ensure the accuracy and on time processing of data input and issuance of the documents.
Co-ordinate with warehouse for loading and consolidation issues.
Co-ordinate with clients for cargo booking.
Handle full set airfreight import and export document.
Customer service, keeping contact with the shippers and consignees.
Awesome
Ramp Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON2 March 2018
Good experience in this company. I learned a lot about aviation operations and safety in this company.

I lead the flights with my crew helping in offloading and onloading aircrafts with safety of the aircraft and my crew.

Learned how to service different type of aircraft and understanding the value of the ground crew and ground operations .
An exciting and challenging job
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2018
Working at airport is very exciting and every task every day is a new challenge.

never get bored job

Kinda hard to work cold but amazing team.

great job
Pros
exciting, fun job
Great place
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON5 February 2018
Great place, Great People, Great Job. very flexible if you have needs or things to attend to. Hard working people know what their doing. great place to start to gain more knowledge about aviation.
good review
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON28 January 2018
working at Menzies gave me excellent experience and i enjoy working for this company. they teach you all the health and safety requirement on how to preform efficiently and effectively while being safe on the job
Pros
Most days are easy going
Cons
working outdoors in weather conditions
Ok for a temporary Job
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2018
It is a good place to work for a short period of time. There is little room for promotion other than Lead Ramp Agent. You will meet a few good friends.
Pros
Overtime sometimes
Cons
Shift, Very Physical

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menzies Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.