Menno Place

Menno Place Employee Reviews

For a bigger retirement company they do a good job and seem to care. I worked there for 4 years and was pretty happy most of my time there. I miss the culture that I had there.
Pros
Cons
Parking
Love working for this company they treat their employees well I hated leaving but i moved to another province The staff is amazing They do amazing things like charities and Bbqs they involve staff and staff family as well as the residents and their families
Depending on what kitchen you work in (6 kitchens) you are over worked, managment doesn't do much to help. Stinky and noisy environment. Expected to answer your phone everytime, and if you don't you get a talking to.
Cons
Phone calls at 5am
Seen many chances over my years of employment, not all for the good. Care is declining because of cutbacks and management not seeing what is really needed. Management could be more in touch with staff and redidents
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Not all staff care about their reason for being there
Usually lead an activity for an hour, then we'll do some one on one games or conversations with the residents and sometimes the volunteers go on strolls with the residents both inside and outside (if weather permits) the building.
Pros
Connections
Cons
This was one of the best jobs I ever had. Staff were great to work with and provided lots of interesting and challenging experiences. Work days were always busy and I enjoyed the opportunity to be creative in my work, such as developing new forms for the nursing staff, creating a campus wide weekly newsletter, and anticipating the needs of my managers. The hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day!
Pros
Awesome Managers
  1. Employee reviews