Menchie's Frozen Yogurt

Menchie's Frozen Yogurt: 125 Employee Reviews

Canada125 reviews

yogurtfreezecleaningstoreshiftfreemachinecustomer

Stress free work environment

Although the management is not trustworthy, the work environment is calm and stress-free. All the team members are good enough and helpful. Mostly minds their own business.

Tough work, hard on the body

Long hours standing on your feet, not lots of mental stimulation. Job itself was easy but long shifts typically. Worked with a good team, manager wasn’t bad. Overall okay job.

Insights into Menchie's Frozen Yogurt

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things

Good workplace during the summer, very busy.

Winter at Menchie's was a bit of a slower work environment, but otherwise good. Busy in the summer time. Lots of things to keep you busy between cash, cleaning and other duties.

Couldn’t even pay me for the hours I worked

Was the only worker in the entire joint and he couldn’t even listen to a person with 9 years experience in service and food handling, even though he was new to managing a service establishment. Couldn’t pay me for more then fourty hours at a time with no benefits or sick pay. I would work 55-60 hours almost in a 2 week pay period and only be paid for part of it. It was not a fun time.

Good job for students

It was generally easy to work there, cashiering, cleaning at the back. At day time, there wasn't much to do, but night-time had more customers. I learned about customer service.

Great first job!!

My time at menchie’s is truly one to remember! I never had difficulties getting along with my coworkers, and rarely did I feel judged or mistreated. My first day was new and exciting! I was trained very well and had all the help/assistance I needed. I felt a sense of belonging at Menchie’s and enjoyed every shift I had. The uniform was great and super comfy too (Menchie’s shirt and casual pants)!

Pros

Positive and uplifting work environment

Best place to work for high school ages

I had worked at Menchies in Langley back in 2018 my graduating year of high school I was in my second semester of it, I had my interview and was hired on the spot, this specific location is owned by two brothers, I would have more contact with one more then the other but sometimes the other brother did come and help, I was trained by both the brothers on different days both very nice people. the two don't care if you do your homework while working as long as you are still doing your job proper. mainly you work alone, I have had one experience which could have ended badly with another customer I called one of the brothers and he answered I told him the situation he then went and looked on the cameras while talking to me and I'm trying to handle the situation, he noticed the situation becoming more and more intense and that's when he told me to give her $5 out of the cash register so I was safe, the brothers care about their employees and understand the safety issue of working alone so they are sure they are able to help as much as possible even if it comes down to you forgetting which button on the machine to press to stop it from beeping they will help. my only reason for leaving this workplace was due to me moving away for university.

Pros

one free yogurt on shift

Cons

working alone/ might having to clean up some kids vomit

Competitive and good workplace culture.

I am enjoying working in Menchie's Yogurt Bar. I Like the customer's flow over there that keeps me busy with my work. I like the workplace culture over there.

Pros

sometime free dinner

Cons

away from my home.

Great team work, cooperative staff

Great team work, cooperative staff, safe and clean work environment, excellent quality of frozen yogurt, great learning opportunity. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment and learned how to make yogurt and cakes.

fun workplace

one of the best places ive worked so far. absolutely the best management team a typical day at work would be a happy place to work at very pleasant customers

Pros

free yogurt

Cons

dead sometimes

Positive, collaborative environment

My time working at Menchie's was a very positive learning experience. Everyone was very supportive of each other and created a productive, fun space to work in.

Productive and fun work place

A great place to work!! Highly recommended :) Friendly environment and a welcoming staff! A typical day at work consisted of prepping yogurts, snacks, and sauces. As well as kindly greeting customers!! Maintaining a clean atmosphere was also vital!! Customers end their Menchies trip with broad smiles and satisfied taste buds!!

Fun workplace

The best part of the job was working with the public. I loved seeing the little kids come in and get frozen yogurt and leave with a smile on their face.

Good spot to begin your working career

straight forward work, easy to learn and easy to master the skill of making yogurt. slow paced environment at times, yet sometimes it can be busy on weekends for example. basic duties that are simple to accomplish. advancing in the company is super simple and does not take a lot of effort to accomplish.

Pros

yogurt discounts

Cons

long hours when no customers are around for long periods of time

This place is great to work at if you're a student

This job is very easy, often a lot of downtime especially during the colder months. Cleaning the machines is the most difficult/time consuming part of the job but as long as you know what you're doing all is well. This job is a mix of customer service and basic food prep. Mixing yogurt flavours and preparing toppings in the back, occasionally making birthday cakes or decorating waffle bowls. Usually (especially during the colder weather) you work alone or with 1 other person. Highly recommend as a part time job for a student or a full time job for someone with a dual income household.

A fun and relaxed place to work

It was a very relaxed and enjoyable environment with kind staff with friendly and understanding management. The vibe was happy and calm and there was always something to do.

Boring

always worked by yourself, as well as you had to make all the yogurt and have to machines topped up as well as help customers at the same time. very unorganized.

Very positive atmosphere and fast paced in the summer. The staff are like family and the management is amazing.

My time at Menchies has been an amazing first job experience. The staff and management are so nice. It's like a little family at the location I work. I have never had any issues with the management there and everyone is treated fairly. They are all about providing excellent customer service which I absolutely love.

Pros

positive environment, fast paced, minimum wage

Cons

slow in the winter

productive and fun workplace with frozen yogurt

I had fun hosting children's parties, serving costumers and maintaining a clean workplace. I would recommend this job for first time workers, and people looking for a job in the food industry.

Friendly staff and owner. Was fast paced and required much attention to detail to ensure customer satisfaction. Was a good place to work with a fun work environment.

fun place

it is fun to work at as all the employees are friendly and good way to interact with people. management could improve but overall it is a fun, fast-paced place to work at in the summer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menchie's Frozen Yogurt. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement