Menchie's Frozen Yogurt Employee Reviews

Great first job for teenager
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 March 2019
- Prep toppings and back up yogurts
- Keep the front of the store clean and tidy
- Cashier
- I worked in management and was a supervisor (personal)
- Some difficulty with owners of the company (many problems would arise)
-Long shifts with no breaks
- Sometimes difficulty to get the hours you wanted
Pros
Co-opertative
I am happy here
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2019
I have more then 8 to 10 years experience in customer service I have pass master degree in Economics I have more interest in financial company. I am also interested in Administrative work.
Experience with Menchie's
Cashier, Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC14 January 2019
My time at Menchie's was a very positive and uplifting one. The environment there was always very happy and my coworkers and I got along very well in the working environment.
Pros
Free Yogurt every shift
Super fun workplace and amazing manager
Mixologist (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON8 January 2019
The manager was so encouraging, supportive and kind hearted. I stayed working there for 3 yeats because he and my coworkers were so amazing and positive all the time
A good fresh out of highschool job
Cashier, Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Qu├ębec City, QC29 October 2018
It was a nice place to work in. Hours were very fair and pay was minimum wage. The employees were all fun and management was good as well. It wasn't a difficult job, it's good if you're coming right out of high school and need a job.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
minimum wage, seasonal to a degree
Great at first but terrible after a few months
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK24 October 2018
At my location the manager did nothing but make cookie dough (which he doesn't allow anybody else to do anyway) and sit in his back office and watch youtube or browse Facebook. Its unbearable to work alone because there is so much to do sometimes and it can get exhausting. If the store is dead and you're alone then you will be the most bored you have ever been. The work itself isn't that hard, its quite simple. However my manager made absolutely no effort to train me or anything and I was left to figure out everything myself or ask a coworker. The manager is usually lenient with hours but if you're short staffed you will get screwed over big time.
Pros
Free 6oz yogurt every shift. 25% off purchases
Cons
Brutally long hours. Terrible Management.
Amazing place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2018
it is an amazing place to work. Great people and great management They welcome you in open arms and treat you with respect. I recommend working for this company
Wonderful place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 October 2018
Very friendly and caring environment, very easy going, reliable, fun to work with owner/manager. Never had a problem, always flexible with hours and laid back workplace
I like this place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 August 2018
very laid back environment we can work at our own pace but still have everything done by the end of our shift. its awesome having regulars come in. and I enjoy first timers and show them how everything works
Easy summer job
Cashier and Yogurt Maker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2018
Working at Menchies is an easy job for a student to take on for the summer. The work is very easy and you find yourself making minimum wage for doing nothing at times.
Fun and Relaxing but gets boring
Part-time Team Member (Former Employee) –  Barrhaven, ON23 May 2018
Very exciting job at first, until you see how busy it can get during the summer, when only two people are running the whole store. Also is dead during the winter so you're left doing nothing a lot of the time.
Pros
Free frozen yogurt
Cons
Stressful
fun and easy but only with good management
cashier and "mixologist" (Former Employee) –  Port Union, NL15 May 2018
I had a good time working here, as the job was fairly simple. The problem came more with the management not addressing pressing issues we had with the safety of the job, etc.
Great workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 May 2018
I learned a lot about working diligently in a team environment here. Having been a shift lead, I was required to organize a group of people, and motivate them in unique ways to ensure the shift's duties were being met.
This was a gratifying experience.
Good workplace and flexible
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 April 2018
I was a student that is why this job is great for me.
They are flexible and allows us to read our book when it is not busy. There is a good job work/life balance.
Productive and Fun
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON28 March 2018
Menchie's is a great place to work, especially if you love interacting with families, I learned many skills, and the culture was amazing, along with management.
Pros
flexible
Cons
store closes late
Did not enjoy working alone every shift
Server/Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Bradford13 March 2018
I was left alone after only 3 shifts of training, the store was never very busy which involved a lot of nothing to do. The manager was rarely in store to make sure things were always going smoothly.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
Boring
Great relaxed, fast paced environment to work in
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 February 2018
Due to Menchie's being a franchise, my experience might vary from those who work at other locations. The overall experience of working at Menchie's was very rewarding as it taught me responsibility, valuable life lessons & the leadership skills it requires to be a member of management. Management was very relaxed (to a fault) which called for me to step above and beyond my role in order to keep the store running; which was obviously stressful at times. I had various responsibilities, such as, making the yogurt, cleaning the machines, repairing them (if need be), merchandising the store, cleaning, ordering stock and making the schedule etc. Looking back on it, Menchie's one of the best jobs I've ever had and I regret not appreciating it as much as I could have in the time I was there. It's a great place to work and it would make a great first job!
Pros
Free yogurt, artistic freedom (chalkboard, advertisements), working with children
Cons
sometimes you'd have to work by yourself, safety, not being properly allocated supplies
Sense of Accomplishment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2018
Solving technical issues such as the monitor, credit card machines, and computer system along with payment issues. Feel a sense of accomplishment every time a problem is addressed by cooperating with the relevant department.
Easy to work for, very flexible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB12 February 2018
Menchies was a fun and easy place to work, the manager was very easy to work for and I never minded going to work, however, I often ended up working alone, which can be fairly boring
Pros
Flexible, great management
Cons
Often work alone
Amazing people fun to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 February 2018
Every day was a good day many customers to interact with, different age groups brought a different experience each time. Learned responsibility and organization. Greatly enjoyed every day at work and left me with a lot of hands on skill to apply in my daily routine.
Pros
free frozen yogurt
Cons
no cons